main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    Lucas: "We need LESS clothing! LESS! Make it just a step above RotJ Oola!"
    Comic books artists: "Okay!"
    [​IMG]

2. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    [face_plain]
    [​IMG]

I know we're in the off-season, but this is just too much. Setting aside the the unfortunate implications being thrown around about women's appearances, we have a nice and shiny thread for all things Ahsoka, so take that talk there. And by that I mean don't take.... ^^ that talk there.

3. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    The fact that very, very few people talk about the clothing on male characters, is part of what makes this so problematic.

If Kanan wore baggy pants, would anyone complain? How many people would even notice?

I didn't notice that Hera's pants were baggy. I was just glad that we finally got a female cartoon/comic character who isn't ONLY known for her midriff and boobs.

Aayla Secura may be good-looking but that outfit is stupid. And it's not stupid for prudish in-universe reasons. I am all in favor of women dressing however the hell they choose; outside of scenarios such as work, that's the rule I follow for myself.

The out-of-universe reason--she is drawn in battle with her navel showing, an impractical outfit that male characters never wear to battle, for the sole purpose of objectification.

I do not want the designers to do that to Hera. She's pretty as she is.

ETA: Todd, we were posting at the same time; if this post is violating rules I'll drop the subject.

4. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    You know, a thread about a Twi'lek character has descended into pretty much what I think we all expected it to. :p

5. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014

Don't get me started with that "other" thread, Todd.

anakinfansince1983: I was just glad that we finally got a female cartoon/comic character who isn't ONLY known for her midriff and boobs.

That's the statement of a HATER if there ever was one. AHSOKA IS NOT ONLY KNOWN FOR HER MIDRIFF AND BOOBS. It's those SW fans that need to find something wrong with her that complain about the outfit. If she were wearing the typical boring Jedi robes, people would come up with some other BS argument on her.

6. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I didn't expect it, but I have hope for humankind.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Sometimes I fear for LACWAC in its off season.

Filoni just air rebels already.

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  8. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano

Please take it easy and breathe okay? Let's get back on the topic of Hera. Todd the Jedi is right. This is getting way off topic.

Jedi Knight Fett

Didn't you warn me things would get scary around here? :p

Anyway back to Hera. I wonder what the first starship she ever got to fly was? I mean, she could have flown something before the Ghost.

9. Heero_Yuy

Heero_Yuy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 28, 2000
    Baiting is not allowed.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  10. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Heero_Yuy

That type of behavior isn't allowed on here. I understand your upset but take breather okay? Let's all get back to Hera instead of getting angry at one another.

11. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I would like to see Hera piloting another ship when they are on a mission to show how great a pilot she is. E.g. a Tie or maybe a prototype X wing?

We need to see more background of her or her home/family like we keep seeing hints of with Ezra. Same with Kanan given he is a Jedi and survived Order 66.

Also I understand Hera is the leader, but would be nice to see more of her in the field so to speak with the others. And background on her and Kanan, how that came to be, would be great.

12. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Read A New Dawn for that background. And just because it's an awesome book.

I sort of hope Hera named the Ghost, or another ship, the way Asajj named the Banschee. Someone tried to insult her and she co-opted the wannabe-insult for her ship.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  13. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

I'm not the one doing the baiting, dude.

14. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    Or she lost the Falcon to Lando in a game of cards. And got the Ghost instead. That's why she is not happy with Lando...

True, would like to see the history of the Ghost and Hera too.

15. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    She had reason to be unhappy with Lando just in that episode.

16. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano

I never said you were baiting. I was talking to another user who responded to you.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

The post was directed to Heero_Yu. In hindsight, I should have just let it go considering that's not a moderator's post.

18. ZombieSnake57

ZombieSnake57 Jedi Youngling

Aug 16, 2015
    I didn't think Hera's pants were anywhere near a big deal. They're like an X-Wing pilot's jumpsuit pants, exactly what I'd expect from a rebel pilot.

19. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I like Hera's pilot outfit, she looks like a pilot.

20. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Female pilot, anyone?

[​IMG]

Jedigirl514 likes this.
  21. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    She has baggy pants too, just like Hera. :p

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  22. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I wonder if any of Hera's family members are alive?

starfish likes this.
  23. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I bet Cham is alive.

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  24. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    I sure hope so. It would be great to see him in Rebels.

starfish likes this.
  25. Thrawn082

Thrawn082 Force Ghost star 6

Jan 11, 2014
    I mean I was fine with most of Padme's more "elaborate" outfits in the PT (although the black bondage outfit that she wore during the "fireplace scene" in AOTC was a bit much). She's royalty and a public figure, so it makes sense that she'd want to project a certain image. But that white midriff outfit, she wore that on a rescue mission (that she knew going in was going to be a rescue mission), which is just dumb. It was like Lucas wanted a "homage" to Leia's white outfit in ESB, but not as good.

anakinfansince1983 likes this.