main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Yes? So maybe Disney wants to widen the target group of Star Wars to include young girls? Just recently another Romance (Lost Stars) was published. DD is rather harmless and non-schmaltzy when compared with the usual writing style of the genre.

2. TheSilentInfluence

TheSilentInfluence Retired Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano

Yeah same here. I really hope he's alive in Rebels. He was a great character.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Bingo.

4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    There are much better ways of writing romance than making the woman into a sap. (Or both characters into saps.)

Which is one reason I like the way Kanan and Hera are written.

5. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    Ha, you don't know much about modern romance then. There's a recipe for this type of stuff and it is proven effective.

A friend of mine who writes in the genre told me a lector said the woman isn't supposed to be too willstrong and the male should be alpha/very masculine. That's how you sell many books.

I've become a cynic regarding the writing industry because of things like that.

6. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Kanan and Hera are like a married couple, without the significant romance. It's kind of like Han and Leia's relationship in the OT; minus the brief kissing scenes. The Ventress/Vos romance in Dark Disciple kind of reminds me of Padme/Anakin, which was a little overboard.

7. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    I hope we reach a point of societal enlightenment where that **** doesn't sell and is viewed for the sexist tripe that it is.

I believe you, I'd just rather it be left to something I know to avoid, with Harlequin on the cover. Not snuck in using my favorite character.

But anyway, trying to stay on topic here...Kanan and Hera. They know they love each other AND they are best friends, which is the absolute best romantic situation, and they're fun to watch.

8. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
    Are we talking about damsel in distress stories? Cause that's a big reason why I hated TCW with its treatment of all female characters (save Fulcrum of course) that way.

Back on topic......I wonder why Hera's mom wasn't mention in The Lords Of The Sith book?

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  9. anakinfansince1983

Mar 4, 2011
    Any story in which the male is dominant and the woman is passive or submissive or weak, as opposed to the partnership being equal. And I agree.

I assume that Hera's mother was not in her life for some reason, and Cham raised her alone. Maybe this will be explored in another story.

10. starfish

starfish Chosen One star 5

Oct 9, 2003
    I'm curious about Hera's background and family history, but mostly I just want to see her fly this new b-wing and vape some eye-balls and squints. :)

11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014

Yeah, there's no damsel-in-distress stories in the movies *cough* Anakin/Padme *cough* Luke/Leia *cough*

Dinos4Ever likes this.
  12. Davak24

Davak24 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 15, 2015
  13. DarthTalonx

DarthTalonx Jedi Master star 4

Nov 12, 2014
    I think it's ok to have some of those moments - it's classic - such as the above examples or Luke and Han rescuing Leia. But you also should have damsel saving the scoundrel - e.g. Leia saving Han. or Hera saving Kanan. Or Ashoka saving Ezra.

14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    "Ahsoka saving everyone". Exaggerate much?

15. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    They didn't say that. DarthTalonx was referring to characters saving each other. Ahsoka was just one of many.

DarthTalonx likes this.
  16. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I'm pretty sure it said "everyone" before being edited. That's why I thought it was yet another jab at TCW's portrayal of Ahsoka.

But about the females saving the males, I'm definitely all for that. I can't imagine Ahsoka getting too involved with the Ghost crew (it's been suggested she's going out on her own with solitary agendas); but Hera and/or Sabine can certainly get involved in rescuing their male counterparts.

17. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Ahsoka's Tano

Either way you've been asked before to calm down and take a deep breath if you don't like what someone says about Ahsoka before replying etc. Getting upset doesn't help the situation and neither does arguing in any way okay?

Seeing Hera or Sabine save the guys would be nice to see. I'd like them to go out in a mission together like we saw in Out If Darkness again as well.

18. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Still works both ways. There's provocation.

I just rewatched the Out of Darkness episode yesterday. It was kind of refreshing to see a non-Ezra/Kanan centered episode for a change. I do hope there's more of those.

19. TheSilentInfluence

Jul 15, 2014
    Sometimes not responding at all to a post that upsets you is the best option.

Yes, I agree. It would be nice. Hopefully we get more episodes centered around other characters in season 2.

20. Jedigirl514

Jedigirl514 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 22, 2002
    Hera is my favorite character on the show. I think she's really down to earth and motherly. I love that while Kanan is 'in-charge', She is still the captain and the one making connections with "Fulcrum". I personally LOVE her outfit. She's a pilot and it makes sense (in fact I hope to make it one day). Also, does she call Sabine "Sibbie" sometimes or is it just the way she pronounces it?

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  21. Brandon G

Brandon G Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 20, 2015
    Well Hera:hera: has FINALLY told her story of how she came to be a pilot and fighting the Empire;) That was SOME episode too!=D=

TheSilentInfluence likes this.
  22. StarWarsFan91

StarWarsFan91 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 14, 2008
    Someone has to make a fan art of her, depicting her as the "Rocketeer".

jakobitis89 likes this.
  23. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    Was is it me or did Hera look "off" with no goggles on her cap when she was piloting the B Wing.....come to think of it have we ever seen a female Twi-lek that DOESN'T wear some type of cap or headgear?

24. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    It's the ears. They're sensitive about those big 'ole cones.
    [​IMG]

jakobitis89 likes this.
  25. ImNotAStarWarsFanboy

ImNotAStarWarsFanboy Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 25, 2011
    We need to see Hera's bare head in an episode. Or she needs to change out of that pilot jumpsuit. Sabine can't be the only character to get a wardrobe refresh.