main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Hera

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Why_So_Serious, Feb 20, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh I agree. Let’s nust hope that none of them escape.

Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  2. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    I would say they are still not ruling the galaxy by the time of TLJ. They control territories in the Unknown Regions and possibly also some areas in the Outer Rim and other parts of the galaxy, thou we don't really know how much, and by the time of TLJ, they are only starting their invasion of the New Republic space.

If they actually ever manage to control most of the galaxy or not depends on how long after TLJ Episode IX will take place.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So if that's the case, the argument that the ST "reverts everything" that was accomplished during the OT by the Rebellion is moot.

4. MrDarth0

MrDarth0 Jedi Master star 4

Oct 3, 2015
    Not really.

The galaxy is still not at peace. There's war and chaos everywhere, the dark side is on the rise again, and there are still no Jedi out there that would help restore peace, freedom and democracy in the galaxy.

In many ways, the situation at the end of TLJ is very similar to the situation at the end of ROTS, thou arguably even worse. At the end of ROTS, you at least had few remaining Jedi Masters in the hiding. And the Empire did provide peace and stability, at least in some parts of the galaxy, even if it was peace and stability enforced through oppression. The First Order is just bunch of fanatical maniacs and brainwashed children, who are now led by an unstable psychopath. Even if they would gain control of most of the galaxy, they would obviously be unable to manage it in any stable way and would probably very quickly devolve into infighting and random slaughter.

The First Order actually reminds a lot the real world terrorist organisation ISIS.

The Shadow Emperor likes this.
  5. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    But the point is that it's the First Order that is trying to take control, not the other way around. I don't see how that's the same thing as saying that the ST 'reverts everything".

6. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    It's very possible that the lines from BF2 and TLJ are hyperbole with regards to how quickly the FO could potentially take over the galaxy, and its unknown whether or not that would be total control or a more hegemonic control.
    The crew from Rebels could be stuck inbetween all of this, and might be among the supposed allies of Leia from the Outer Rim.
    It seems like Lucasfilm is trying to keep the stories of Rebels and the main saga separate, but they're on a collision course and they can only delay a congregation of the two storylines for so long.
    Hera and Rex have already been retconned into the OT. Perhaps Ezra, Ahsoka and Sabine have a chance at being placed into the ST. Either way, I look forward to seeing the events of the OT from Hera's perspective. I think it would be a waste not to show that - because you can create a new storyline within the Rebellion just as Filoni has created a separate storyline within the canon for Ezra, Ahsoka and Sabine.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
  8. jamminjedi23

jamminjedi23 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 19, 2015
    A little more info about Hera in issue #45 of the regular Star Wars comic.

She didn't have any lines of dialogue but she was shown as a background character in one of the Alliance High Command meetings (Zeb was actually there to). And in a different part of the issue it gives a little more detail about what she is doing in training new Starfighters.

9. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Thought I'd share that I recently bought the Black Series figure.
    [​IMG]

Bosozoku27 likes this.
  10. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    Hera has been playing a role in the Dr. Aphra comics as of late. I wish she would have a larger role in the Main series, though I understand that's supposed to be all about the big 3.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  11. FiveFireRings

FiveFireRings Jedi Master star 4

Nov 26, 2017
    Hera began appearing in Aphra at almost exactly the same time as REBELS wrapped up, with no mention of Jacen Syndulla. I understood the spoiler concern then, but I'm surprised the kid hasn't been mentioned by now, although Sana Starros does a good job at picking Hera's brain over having loved and lost in the current issue, and I hope for some followup on that. I'm just happy to see Hera wherever, though.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  12. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Regarding Hera appearing in Aphra; I'm currently reading the Remastered graphic novel at the point where Aphra and her gang took Hera hostage. It was curious at where Hera was operating at the time; being a flight instructor at a Rebels' school for X-Wing pilots. After the destruction of the first Death Star (when this takes place), I guess it's assumed she's since split up with the Ghost Crew completely and they're all doing their own thing. Unless of course I'm jumping the gun and another Ghost Crew member shows up at some point in the Aphra series).

13. Darth_Accipiter

Feb 2, 2015
    In the current story of the main series between ANH and ESB,
    Hera was given command of a Mon Calamari Cruiser. She's the General on Rotation for the Lucrehulk training ship in the Aphra comic, which means she's only there temporarily on mandate, not as a permanent station. The Ghost and the rest of its crew are probably back on her Cruiser.

Last edited: Jul 19, 2018
  14. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Don't know how many in the TV forums are in the NY area (or will be this Winter), but Vanessa Marshall will be among the guests at Wintercon in the Queens this December.
    http://nywintercon.com/celebrity-guests

15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well I attended the Wintercon event in Queens, NY today as I mentioned in October. I posted a handful of pictures in the Conventions forums. I wound up getting Vanessa Marshall's autograph. Obviously she wasn't very popular (I've been the con when Peter Mayhew was among the celebrity guests, and you can imagine the line for him). She was really nice of course. Later on I attended a stage Q&A featuring her and Taylor Gray; of whose autograph I had gotten a few years ago at the same con. As you can see, I asked them both to sign it by my JCF name. They were both familiar with the forums.
    [​IMG]

At the panel I asked a few questions (and learned some interesting stuff about Vanessa too). I didn't know her father was an Air Force pilot. Obviously she was excited knowing she was going to be voicing such a talented pilot in the SW universe. She even said her favorite episode was when Hera pilots the B-Wing. She said all of the voice actors shared a little attributes as their characters; such as Steve Blum cracking jokes, Freddie Prinze being sort of a mentor figure to Taylor Gray, and Vanessa herself being sort of a motherly figure to them all by keeping them full with snacks. One thing that was very interesting was that she mentioned she'd love to write a comic where Ventress meets Hera at some point. She actually thought they might get along.
    [​IMG]

16. Vizzy91

Vizzy91 Jedi Knight star 2

Nov 12, 2018
    Ventress getting along with Hera. [face_laugh]

I guess Vanessa might be friends with Nika (voice actress for Ventress)

Also, Vanessa also voice acted those characters other than Hera!? Jeez, I thought Dee was the only one who did a million voices.

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Yeah I was impressed. I didn't realize she was Wonder Woman in the Justice League shows; not to mention a few roles as video game characters like Black Canary in Injustice 2.

18. Bosozoku27

Bosozoku27 Jedi Padawan star 1

Dec 10, 2017
    Hera is my favorite Rebels character, or may be tied with Chopper in my mind. I tend to really like female characters that are solid leaders but not "perfect"... kind of hard for me to like/root for the character that knows everything and is always right/winning. I tend to gravitate towards the pilot types so that is a big thing for me, and I realize her personality is very much like my closest friends in real life.

Kind of coincidentally, I also fanboyed over a similar character, Melda Dietz from the Yamato 2199 anime. Also a non human pilot with similar characteristics to Hera.

19. Grievousdude

Grievousdude Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 27, 2013
    Apologies for bumping this thread but around how old would Hera be at the time of the sequel era? I was thinking about this but I'm terrible at working out in universe ages.

20. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
  21. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    Han would be 66 during TFA.

22. Todd the Jedi

Todd the Jedi Mod and Loving Tyrant of SWTV, Lit, & Collecting star 6 Staff Member Manager

Oct 16, 2008
    Ah, didn't realize they changed his age. Though I'm curious to see the text in that guidebook to see how definitive it is- there could be some wiggle room with his real age.

23. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    So..what exactly was the relationship between Kanan and Hera? Because that final "I love you" at the fuel depot seemed to be the first time Hera actually said that to Kanan. Were they just friends with benefits?

24. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    You might say that; or something more....
    [​IMG]

anakinfansince1983 likes this.
  25. Vialco

Vialco Force Ghost star 5

Mar 6, 2007
    That boy really is the spitting image of his father at that age. Jacen looks just like Caleb Dume at that age. Except for the hair of course.

My question was more about whether Hera felt anything for Kanan beyond friendship and physical attraction prior to the final moments of his life. I just find her sudden declaration of love to be a bit out of the blue. She's known Kanan for many years now, and suddenly she realizes that she loves him. Did those feelings build up over time and she just didn't notice them until he saved her? Or did Hera try to suppress her feelings because the Rebellion mattered to her more than Kanan did?