main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hercules: the Legendary Journeys and Xena

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by Koohii, Feb 20, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    What? I sometimes like junkfood...

Anyway, I had a question. I discovered by accident while looking through the credits that there is always a humorous quote hiding toward the end as a sort of reward for anyone who watched the credits. "Cupcake's sweet tooth was not damaged during the filming of this episode, though her love life suffered a setback." "DNA evidence cleared Hercules of any wrong-doing after the trial."
    I was wondering if anyone knows if there's a complete list of the episode quotes (or do I have to rent all the disks I've already gone through again in order to find them), and if this was done during Xena as well.
    Any one?

2. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    A Google search turned up this site for Xena. And I found this site for Hercules, but Season 6 only has 3 so it may not be complete.

3. goraq

goraq Jedi Youngling star 4

May 15, 2008
    I used too watch them when i was a little kid. I understood next too nothing because it was in german but i liked it wery much.

4. DarthZordon

DarthZordon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 15, 2009
    Man this was the greatest series ever.

5. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Good cheesecake action with parody, satire, anachronistic pop-culture spoof, and a top-notch soundtrack. Fight coreography was decent too. Show advance wire-work by leaps and bounds (can't often say that for anything). Was made by a lot of the same people who went on to make the Lord of the Rings movies.

6. goraq

May 15, 2008
    How was Xenas idiotic sidekick?

7. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    I didn't think Gabrielle was idiotic. Idealistic, a little quirky, but not idiotic.

8. goraq

May 15, 2008
    I am not talking about her,i am talking about a shy guy with a funny looking hat.

9. Rebel_Padawan

Rebel_Padawan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 11, 2003
    Joxer the mighty!!

10. goraq

May 15, 2008
    Thanks.[face_love][face_love]

11. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Oh, the twit.
    "Gabrielle awoke with a jerk"
    "I don't get it."

12. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Xena are one of the best tv-series that i've watch so far in my life. There are many other that are good but Xena has a special place in my heart.

What you're looking for are called "Disclaimers".

One of the best (if not the best) fansites out on the net for Xena are Whoosh!

You can find all the information that you want, including the disclaimers, full transcripts (aka screenplay) for ever episode, commentaries, things to look out for, info of what actor or/and actress who stars in each episodes, and so on.

Whoosh! Episode Guide

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    Not to mention, smokin' hawt =P~
    [image=http://www.celebritywar.com/pictures/renee-o-connor.jpg]

14. Koohii

May 30, 2003
    Thanks!

Here's another question about the disclaimers: since most channels were already squashing end credits to the 1/2 screen to show more ads, how was anyone supposed to be able to read the disclaimers?

15. Jedi_Reject_Jesse

Jedi_Reject_Jesse Jedi Grand Master star 7

Aug 26, 2004
    I enjoyed the episodes of Xena with Joxer and Autolycus - always a fan of Ted Raimi and Bruce Campbell and look forward to their cameos in all of Sam Raimi's productions.

16. Sith_Lord_Linkoping

Sith_Lord_Linkoping Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 19, 2001
    Same here. Ted are so good at playing different roles in certain episodes. Not only Joxer but other characters as well. Like in the episode "Married with Fishshticks" (Season 5, episode 15) where he in addition to playing Joxer, also play Hagar. You gotta love that pose and hairstyle. [face_laugh]

They were absolutely perfect togheter in My Name Is Bruce (not a Sam Raimi production, but nevertheless). Ted played at least 3 different roles in that flick.

The first, the second and the third. Hilarious. [face_laugh]

17. s65horsey

s65horsey Otter-loving Former EUC Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 24, 2006
    Ok, so I didn't know this thread existed and I must profess my love for this series. Hercules is by far my favorite tv series ever. I have all the seasons on DVD and I watch the whole thing once a year. I had noticed the silly sayings back when I used to watch them as they were coming out live on tv.

Kevin Sorbo [face_love]

18. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I know, Kevin Sorbo is the Hawt

Iolus wasn't that bad either, though mythology has him as Hercules' lover.

I loved these shows, but didn't watch the final Xena series with Japan and Julius Caesar.

19. saturn5

saturn5 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 28, 2009
    The title should be reversed, XENA! and way down the line Hercules.

Hercules was a fun but dumb romp, Xena was STUNNING my favourite TV show until Buffy came along. I still miss her

20. SoloKnight

SoloKnight Jedi Master star 4

Feb 13, 2003
    I just started watching both series for the first time due to the fact that I am such a huge Buffy fan and after watching all my dvds multiple times I was looking for another show to get into. Since Whedon has stated that Xena had an influence on Buffy, I'd figure I'd give it a shot. I'm on Season 2 at the moment and am liking XWP a lot more than HTLJ, but they're both good campy fun. I like shows that don't take themselves too seriously.

21. JEDI-SOLO

JEDI-SOLO Force Ghost star 6

Feb 12, 2002
    I never watched the shows when they were new weekly, but I did enjoy them a few years ago when I was jobless(still am by the way) and Sci-Fi played them in the early morning hours everyday.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.