Rumor Here are the new Villains of Star Wars: Episode VII (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens - Spoilers Allowed' started by nld3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. nld3 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Last edited by nld3, Aug 15, 2014
  2. nalkwan Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    interesting... i really don't like the flashbacks though, especially because it's usually a lazy way to tell exposition
    and this is precisely how it's described here - oh look darth vader in a flashback and these inquisitors have been around forever - except you know, in those pesky prequels
    Luke'sSeveredHand and Dak Oolron like this.
  3. nld3 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    But they needed a way around the Rule of Two. If all the Sith are dead the Order is kind of over.
    SithLordDarthRichie likes this.
  4. starocean90 Chosen One

star 6
    I wonder how many inquisitors there will be in Episode VII?
  5. nld3 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    I hope more than two. :rolleyes:
    Last edited by nld3, Aug 15, 2014
    CairnsTony and Jedi Merkurian like this.
  6. Django Fett Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Old rumour resurfacing, how long before its proven true?
  7. bobbyroberts Force Ghost

star 3
    This is already being discussed in the similar "who's the baddies" thread, just a heads up :)
    Last edited by bobbyroberts, Aug 15, 2014
    Dak Oolron, Django Fett and TheBBP like this.
  8. ManaByte Chosen One

star 4

The Rebels books call the Inquisitors "Jedi Hunters". The term is now canon.
    markdeez likes this.
  9. Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    A natural progression imo , especially if they're gonna be so prominent in the timeline before ANH.

This is very smart on LucasFilms/Disney's part imo.

They aren't just phoning in the Villains.
  10. Gallandro Chosen One

star 4
    Oh sweet Lord, no. This really is looking like little more than an OT circle j@$&. How about an original idea JJ???

Heck lets just call it:

Star Wars VII: Electric Bugaloo 2 or

Star Wars VII: A New Jedi Strikes Back
    Star Wars VII: A New Hope of a Return of the Empire

Or any other combination of titles.
  11. nalkwan Jedi Grand Master

star 4

So where were these inquisitors during the OT... surely if they were there to hunt down jedi they would've been helping Vader search for Luke - AANnnnnnddddddddddd if Luke was the last jedi, why would they still employ inquisitors?

But my biggest problem is, why would they need them anyways? Vader was the one, with his armies that were to hunt down the jedi, now suddenly he's too busy and stuff so lets give him inquisitors.

just seems kind of ridiculous, something i could over look in a cartoon, but a trilogy in the holy saga, naw
    Last edited by nalkwan, Aug 15, 2014
  12. Summers1913 Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    They really already killed the rule of two in TCW.
    darthjj88 and Pasjo_Kynrid like this.
  13. EHT New Films Manager

Manager
    star 6
    I've changed this tag to Rumor. After giving this some time we might merge it into the Baddies thread, or lock it as needed.

Also, please recall that the "Jedi Hunters" rumor from before was kind of shot down, so we'll see how this version plays out now.
    Jedi Merkurian likes this.
  14. soul8luos Force Ghost

star 4

That's Rebel's job for you.
  15. Acroyear Force Ghost

star 2
    To hell with the Rule of Two.
  16. nld3 Jedi Grand Master

star 2
    Not really. They went around it with the secret apprentice crap.
    Dak Oolron likes this.
  17. nalkwan Jedi Grand Master

star 4

Rebels is gonna tell me where they were during empire strikes back and Jedi is it?
    Baron_Papanerd and Dak Oolron like this.
  18. Acroyear Force Ghost

star 2
    I knew there would be a flashback scene because Luke would have to explain why he's missing or held captive and the story behind hand/sabre. Plus it'll be an excuse to bring back Vader, albeit, briefly. However, a flashback scene would seem a bit awkward in a SW movie since there hasn't been one before. But I guess there is a first for everything.
    thejeditraitor likes this.
  19. fishtailsam Force Ghost

star 4
    The story group views them both with the same about of sanctity.

Filloni said the inquisitors were out chacing down random force sensatives. Vader was after the force sensative that blew up the death star.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. We are stepping into a larger world.
    Last edited by fishtailsam, Aug 15, 2014
  20. dr strangelove Jedi Master

star 1
    If Luke is simply telling the tale verbally, I could work okay I guess (similar to how they did The Tale of the 3 Brothers scene in the 7th Harry Potter film). However, I really don't like the idea of a full-blown flashback sequence, especially one that is a semi-retcon to the OT mythology.
  21. Abadacus Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    I really don't have anything positive to say about this particular rumor; so I'll just put a vote emphatically in the 'nay' column and hope we get something good instead.
    Last edited by Abadacus, Aug 15, 2014
  22. hippie1kenobi Force Ghost

star 4
    I forget who, but somebody (apparently with inside info) tweeted several weeks ago something along the lines that the stuff the Story Group has planned for SW going forward was going to give Marvel a run for their money in long format, multimedia storytelling. I think it will be cool to see how closely integrated all these things are, and this may be the first chance to see how well they execute the idea.
    TK327 likes this.
  23. cronedoggy Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    While I don't hate the idea of flashbacks (yoda did say the force can show you the past) didn't the story group recently say that flash backs have no place in star wars? Wasn't that one of the reasons they did A new dawn as a book rather than through flashbacks within the show?
    Dak Oolron and cwustudent like this.
  24. darklordoftech Chosen One

star 6
    secret apprentice, Plagueis, Bane, ghost
    and an Empire-like threat
  25. a_band_maul Force Ghost

star 1
    I'm calling BS. No way are they introducing flashbacks as a storytelling device in VII. Why do people even bite on this?