main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Here are the new Villains of Star Wars: Episode VII (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I prefer Porkins Jr.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  2. dolphin

dolphin Chosen One star 5

Nov 5, 1999
  3. JediMatteus

JediMatteus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 16, 2008
    Wow nice article and I find it believable. Notice he did not debunk any sucky Luke rumors

dolphin likes this.
  4. AndrewPascoe

AndrewPascoe Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 26, 2014
    I would say a cgi Mon Cal is unlikely. The way they did Ackbar as a costume in ROTJ, it was fairly well done and believable. With animatronics where they are today I believe a practical costume with animatronic eyes/mouth/facial expressions would be much better suited.

Abadacus likes this.
  5. DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR

DARTHVENGERDARTHSEAR Force Ghost star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    I love that old Han in a dust jacket look, though. I hope they go with it.

Claire1976 likes this.
  6. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Wasn't Infamous the same guy that couldn't get his facts straight about an article he wrote concerning the hand rumors and John Boyega's character as a stormtrooper (ex. saying that John's character was a stormtrooper before the defeat of the Empire and not knowing that Episode VII would be taking place 30 years after ROTJ)? Once he was questioned about it by the fans on Twitter, he was stumbling all over the place. His articles don't exactly evoke much confidence...

7. starocean90

starocean90 Chosen One star 8

Feb 19, 2014
  8. Hoggsquattle

Hoggsquattle Jedi Master star 5

Feb 7, 2009
    Please explain???

9. Han Drolo

Han Drolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 9, 2014
    Guy sounds like a hack to me. I'll listen to LR and BD, who have both been right in the past and fess up to when they're not before this dude, especially Devin, if he gets a couple of details wrong in his initial report he'll make sure to elaborate on it later.

Satipo, Serpico Jones and starocean90 like this.
  10. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Donnelly is continuing with this pattern. Devin recently wrote a piece on why it's highly unlikely that Disney will be releasing unaltered OT films soon. Donnelly then chimed in on Twitter, paying him a compliment and 'backing him up' on that story.

It appears that Donnelly tried to ingratiate himself with Devin, possibly with the hopes that Devin would return the favor. Well, that kind of blew up in his face.

11. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @TK327
    Donnelly can do no wrong, I believe in Donnelly.:p

12. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    If this Inquisitor rumor is true, I'm just glad that the big bad isn't someone who found a Sith holocron.

the_sinister_hologram and Dra--- like this.
  13. starocean90

Feb 19, 2014
    @darklordoftech
    What's wrong with a big bad who finds a Sith holocron?

JediMatteus likes this.
  14. darklordoftech

darklordoftech Force Ghost star 6

Sep 30, 2012
    It's contrived (it didn't happen for 1000 years, so why would it happen now?) and it's disconnected from the villains of I-VI.

starocean90 likes this.
  15. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    Well, Donnelly didn't completely negate the rumor. He said that the cyborg image was in fact concept art, but that they ended up going in a different direction for the main villain. This leaves open the possibility that a different character will be a cyborg. He doesn't state, as far as I can remember, precisely that the concept won't be used at all.

This is the problem with his writing -- he's never very precise.

Another example: he says that there's no Inquisitor based on his source saying they haven't heard the word used on set. But that's poor logic -- it doesn't follow from the fact that you don't hear a word that that's not what the characters are. What he should tell us to be more clear is that his source knows the characters in the screenplay aren't Inquisitors, or even related to them in some way. If he knows what the characters are, he should tell us. But he doesn't. So it's difficult to decide what he really knows.

Satipo, HanSolo29 and TK327 like this.
  16. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

Poor writing or just pretending to know something when in fact he knew nothing. If he had scoops, he should have come out with it. I bet next time Devin or LR has the scoops, he will be doing the follow-ups again.

Immortiss, titansupes and Dra--- like this.
  17. TK327

TK327 Force Ghost star 4

May 7, 2001
    Agreed Dra---. When you look at the story closely, there really doesn't seem to be much of a story there at all.

I wouldn't be surprised if the main villain doesn't look like the pic and I wouldn't be surprised if we never hear the word Inquisitor (that may be a term used only to describe the Rebels character), but there's very little, if any, evidence of actual debunking.

Dra--- likes this.
  18. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    At least there was a HUGE narrative and thematic reason for Darth Vader's iconography in ROTS (albeit he appeared briefly) I.e. It was Anakin's story. Vader's inclusion in Ep VII (based on what's being rumoured) seems nothing more than a gimmick IMHO. I'm getting a distinct 'Khan in ST:ID' feeling about this...

That reason for where the Inquisitors were during the OT is a reason sure enough, but it's an ill fitting one... So the Inquisitors were never in the OT because they were hard at work locating all the force sensitives around the galaxy... yet in all those years, and with all that supposed detective capability at hand, they never identified baby Luke, Leia, Obi-Wan and Yoda... the most prominent and would-be prominent Jedi that ever existed were off the radar to them? Perhaps they'll retcon a piece of 'force cloaking kit' into the movie? It seems that the Inquisitors were quite ineffectual... I prefer my idea that they were just partying 24/7 on Coruscant... because at least that way they don't come across as incompetent. ;)

Abadacus and Dra--- like this.
  19. Darth PJ

Darth PJ Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2013
    Dra--- we can only speculate on, and determine the value of, the things that are being rumoured. There may be several reasons that MAY make Inquisitors work on screen that we are not yet privy to. We/I can only take these things on face value... and at the moment, their inclusion sounds very problematic. If the Inquisitors had only come into being after ROTJ, that would be much less problematic (IMHO), but this is now unlikely given their role in Rebels. If the Inquisitors had NOT been force using/red lightsabre twirling villains, again I think it would have been much less problematic... because it doesn't undermine Vader's uniqueness in the OT. It just doesn't gel for me at the moment... sorry... :)

Mods - apologies for double post...

Immortiss, Abadacus and Dra--- like this.
  20. Mange

Mange Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2003
  21. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    I agree with this point the most, even if I do like the Inquisitor in general.

I've said in the baddie thread many times that my litmus test for a new darksider villain is that they shouldn't be a Sith in all but name. The Inquisitor comes darn close to failing my test. He can wield a saber about as well as any Sith we've seen -- although maybe the reason it spins is because he's not a great sword fighter? And then Kinberg says that the Inquisitor has the power to enter people's minds and show them their worst fears, almost like Freddy's hallucinations. That seems as powerful (or more) than Palpatine and Vader and Maul and Dooku. So what makes the Inquisitor not a Sith Master or Apprentice? Well, that's left somewhat vague so far, but I think they need to show us.

Now one reason I'm ok with the surface of the Inquisitor being very much like a Sith, is because my ultimate test for difference has to do with interiors. Does the new darksider think differently in a fundamental way than Sith or Sith ideology? I think that is the case for Inquisitors. They are loyal servants of the Sith. Zealots even. That's much different from the Sith's overriding hunger for ultimate power.

So while I think your feelings about the look of the Inquisitor(s) is right on, their interior is different enough so far that I don't feel like this is a rehash. It's new where it counts -- on the inside.

ifleninwasawizard likes this.
  22. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    no it's not.

23. thejeditraitor

thejeditraitor Chosen One star 6

Aug 19, 2003
    bob is bob. the pig is ham solo.

24. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Did Hogsquattle just get debunked?

Dra--- likes this.
  25. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Wait, so the pig ISN'T Hogsquattle?

Where the hell did that name come from then?

[3P0]I'm so confused[/3P0]

Dra--- likes this.