main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST Here are the new Villains of Star Wars: Episode VII (Spoiler)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by nld3, Aug 15, 2014.

1. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014
    Uhm that picture looks like someone took a screen cap of the emperor on the deathstar and blurred the back ground with a swirl blur, cropped some robot face awkwardly in there with a hand and then comped vaders head into it

in other words, so blatantly fake that it actually makes me feel better about all these horrible rumors

2. Summers1913

Summers1913 Jedi Knight star 3

May 12, 2014
    I can think of a lot worse. It actually doesn't bother me at all. I think it helps connect the new villain to the OT in a good way.

DarthIshyZ, Darthgoodguy and Dra--- like this.
  3. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    So this scene has been knocked out of Canon too? o_O[face_laugh]

[​IMG]

EHT likes this.
  4. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I`m not sure how much he knows or how much he can do about it.

5. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yep.

6. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    Ain't too hot for robot hands! [:D]

Dra--- likes this.
  7. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    The helmet would be fireproof. Luke was burning the remains, not the suit.

It's concept art.

Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  8. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    IndieRevolution shoving all their cards to the center of the table. Slick as hell.

The idea that these guys swooped in on Endor RIGHT after the celebration starts to seem a hell of a lot more plausible with Dr. Doom there holding a cracked Vader helmet.

And also - regarding Lucasfilm's response to rumors/leaks, it really does seem their response is NO response. At least this time around. They have yet to strike down or issue a C&D for anything. They seem content to let things just stand until you forget about it.

9. SimitarLikeTusk

SimitarLikeTusk Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 10, 2014
    I doubt the main villain will be a largely cgi looking creation, robot. So I doubt these rumors

10. JediKnightWax

JediKnightWax Jedi Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    Computer, enhance.
    [​IMG]

Darth_Zidious and Lurknomore like this.
  11. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    [face_laugh]

Claire1976 likes this.
  12. nalkwan

nalkwan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2014

no it's not.
    concept art is thing done from people's imaginations, ie drawn or modelled in 3d
    i can see the coloring and the windows of the death star in the background and the familiar outline of the emperor, the shot is reversed so it's not quite as obvious.

this is faker than fake could possibly be fake - and i'm guessing the other things we saw today are equally as fake

someone is having a good time with all of this though, no doubt

DNateos and EHT like this.
  13. Serpico Jones

Serpico Jones Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    With so many sites reporting the same thing there's almost zero chance that this stuff is inaccurate.

Dra--- and Satipo like this.
  14. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Well, the only thing I'd say to that is if CG does one thing better than anything else, it's robots. And it's possible some of the costume (if the lips are human) will be proshetic anyway.

I agree actually, I imagine after the DS got hit, Endor would have been the first target to strike back at for the remaining Imperial fleets.

Are the Vader/ Sith worshipping cult rumours that Eric debunked back on the menu as well?

15. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
  16. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Hmmm...ya know you'd think that Disney/Lucasfilm would be in a mad rush to remove all these concept art if they were real. So far doesn't seem that way so either
    A) They aren't real so they aren't bothering
    B) It's an intentional leak
    C) Disney/Lucasfilm just doesn't care anymore. It's free publicity.

17. jedijax

jedijax Force Ghost star 6

May 2, 2013
    Looks like every single cyborg/robot thing we see in every movie (Avengers, Terminator, XMen, etc.)

Again, what credibility does this IndieRevolver have?

18. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    They could be reporting on each other's rumors too, though. Kind of a circular thing going on to some degree.

DarthBreezy likes this.
  19. soul8luos

soul8luos Jedi Master star 4

Sep 19, 2013

They didn't remove the leaked Anu Dhabi images and we knew these leaks were not intentional. Besides, what can they do? Remove them so everybody know they are real?

20. Ghost

Ghost Chosen One star 8

Oct 13, 2003
    Maybe this is Andy Serkis's role?

21. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    I think these are legit. How close they are to final designs we will see onscreen remains to be seen.

thejeditraitor and Dra--- like this.
  22. ManaByte

ManaByte Chosen One star 5

Aug 20, 1998

TMZ was sent an injunction over them. But TMZ gets 200 of those a day, so the Outlook filter just filed it away.

23. Zuckuss the Ruckuss

Zuckuss the Ruckuss Jedi Master star 4

Jan 5, 2013

Yeah, remember folks: This is Star Wars backed by Disney. There could be a metric ton of disinformation being thrown right now. Disney has the money to pull that off.

I mean for God's sake the guy looks like crappy Dr. Doom.

24. hachijedi

hachijedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2012
    Is he Ultron or Cyborg Skeletor?, LOL

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

nalkwan and EHT like this.
  25. Bobby Roberts

Bobby Roberts Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 24, 2014
    Nah. The stuff IndieRevolution has is the stuff a bunch of sites got. Whoever grabbed hold of this shotgunned this stuff all at once. IndieRevolution is the only one of those sites to just put it out there on an accelerated timetable.

These sites aren't reporting on each others' rumors. Latino Review and Badass are reporting what they have because Indie is taking the lead in kickstarting the discussion. There's no reason NOT to put what they have on the table because Indie's just gonna slap it on the table anyway :)

And yeah, this is concept art.

And no, it's likely not disinformation because "disinformation" as we learned in the behemoth "Hand" thread, is a tactic almost zero studios care to use. Lucasfilm's M.O. regarding leaks seems to be "Say nothing, do nothing, and it'll blow out on its own"

That way they don't have to get their own hands dirty or lend their own legitimacy to anything they don't want to.

Dra--- likes this.
  26. ifleninwasawizard

ifleninwasawizard Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2014
    I guess I have to begrudgingly give you that point. That would suggest that the big bad of VII was on Endor in the days or hours after RotJ. This may be a bit off topic, but an implication of that would be that he would probably be the primary villain of the post-RotJ NU.