main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Here for research

Discussion in 'Welcome New Users' started by baseballgirl25, Sep 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. baseballgirl25

baseballgirl25 Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Hey everybody. Okay, this is going to sound a little odd, but we are doing research papers at my Boise State English 102 class, and the topic has to be a group of people. I had a bunch of friends who were big Star Wars nuts in high school, so I decided to do my paper on Star Wars fans. I've already done some research, but now I have to find a way to get myself immersed in a group of fans. I had heard about this page when I was doing convention research, so I thought I'd join.

Anyway, hi!

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    Welcome!

It will be interesting to see what you find out about us [face_thinking] I fro one am not a hardcore hardcore fan, but just like to come here and annoy people, j/k

Anyway enjoy your time and be nice to us in your report :D

3. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Welcome baseballgirl25! :)

IIRC there were one or two other people who joined because of a research. Sadly I can't remember their names or the place where they posted. :(

Is there something special you are looking for at this forum or are you here just for fun and relaxing? :) Maybe we can give you an advice where to go or so. :)

Whether you're here for your research or for a good time, have much fun and enjoy your stay. And don't forget to ask us here at WNU, if you have any questions. :)

See you around! :)

And it would be nice if you let us know about your results of your research. It would be very interesting to read and to speak about it. :)

4. Cloned_Sidious

Cloned_Sidious Jedi Knight star 8

Oct 14, 2004
    Welcome baseballgirl25.

5. Boba_Babe

Boba_Babe Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 26, 2005
    baseballgirl25, you're in for something else. I think you have chosen the right topic for your research. Let us know how we can help. In Welcome New Users there is a thread going that's all about SW stuff people have in their rooms. That right there can help you understand fans.

But I think the hard core fans are the ones who write fan fiction - I'll try to bump the thread that helps you find your way through that forum - the helping thread is here in WNU. The others are the people who make fan films.

Sorry, I have no skill at making links to these places. Usually someone posts after me who knows how! - BB

6. SwordoftheJedi

SwordoftheJedi Jedi Master star 5

Jan 7, 2005
    Yeah, welcome.

7. Ruler_of_the_Jedi

Ruler_of_the_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

May 31, 2005
    Welcome, baseballgirl!

8. baseballgirl25

baseballgirl25 Jedi Youngling

Sep 19, 2005
    Well, thanks a lot you guys. If I have any particular questions, I'll be sure to post them. I mainly just want to see what it's like to be amongst a lot of fans of the movies. See what you guys have to say, the things you like to do that are associated with the movies, and just generally what the group dynamic is like.

You guys seem pretty cool so far. Thanks for being so welcoming.

9. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Welcome!

If you want to check out Fan Fic, like Boba mentioned, here's the link: Fan Fiction.

You might want to check out the actual Movie threads, as well. Another (wacky) board is the JCC (Jedi Council Community), where everything is on topic- except Star Wars. It can get pretty crazy in there, especially yesterday during Pirate Day...

Is there something particular you want to focus on?

10. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Hi baseballgirl25!
    [:D] Welcome and hope you.....find interesting points for your report?
    Most people think, Star Wars fans are all crazy, but I'm glad you don't have this prejudice (otherwise you propably wouldn't have joined....)
    Good luck for your report and if you have any questions, PM me (sent a Private Message).

11. Cinnamon_Windu

Cinnamon_Windu Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 10, 2005
    Hi, baseballgirl25! I went to Boise State, too, back in...well that's not important. [face_blush] Anyway, I hope you find what you're looking for here.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.