main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Before - Legends Here I Am. (Songfic Viggie. One shot.)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Glenstorm, Aug 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Title: Here I Am
    Author: Glenstorm
    Genre: Songfic. Mush.
    Summary: A first meeting.
    Disclaimer: Nothing belongs to me. The song belongs to Bryan Adams and comes from the film Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron.

Author's note: Just a short little viggie that I couldn't resist. :p

Here I am, this is me,
    There?s nowhere else on earth I?d rather be,
    Here I am, so young and strong,
    Right here in this place that I belong.

?Oh, Master Jinn!? a harried voice called out. ?Thank goodness there?s someone still around at this hour!?

Qui-Gon Jinn turned to see a young crèche Master striding purposefully towards him across the hanger bay, her arms full of blankets.

?You?re lucky, Nelita,? he said. ?I?ve only just returned from the mid Rim. Another second and I would have been gone.?

?Well at last the Force is with me!? Nelita shifted the bundle in her arms. ?This trip has been nothing but trouble. Breakdowns, unscheduled stopovers, even had a brush with pirates at one point! It was enough to drive anyone to the Dark Side.? She looked down into the blankets she was holding so carefully. ?It?s a good job he?s taking this so well.?

She was carrying a baby, Qui-Gon realised.

The crèche Master?s face became hopeful as she regarded the tall Jedi before her. ?Would you mind holding him for a minute?? she asked tentatively. ?I need to fetch the rest of my supplies from the ship and com the crèche to let them know he?s arrived. I wouldn?t ask, Master Jinn, but so much has gone wrong that I haven?t been able to organise anything and I don?t want to disturb him any further--?

Qui-Gon held up his hands to silence her, a smile playing over his face. ?It?s alright, Nelita, I don't need convincing,? he said. ?I don?t mind holding him in the least.?

?Really??

?Really,? Qui-Gon held out his arms. ?Now go and see to your duties.?

Relief washed over the young Master?s face. ?Oh, thank you, Master Jinn,? she said, and slid the baby into Qui-Gon?s waiting arms. ?I won?t be long.?

Qui-Gon watched her hurry away with a slight shake of his head, then turned back to his new charge.

?Well, who do we have here?? he said, pulling the blankets aside for a clearer view.

A tiny face smiled up at him, gurgling a greeting at the first face to welcome him in his new home.

Qui-Gon found he couldn?t help but smile back. He was a beautiful baby. Soft cinnamon hair crowned the chubby little face, curving gently down into a tiny dimpled chin. And his eyes? Qui-Gon paused. It was hard to tell what colour they were. Not blue, nor green, or even grey but an odd mixture of them all. And he couldn?t help but fall completely under their spell.

?Welcome, little one,? Qui-Gon murmured to him, doubling the message with a caress of the Force as he opened himself up to the infant.

The Force sang, strong and sure, the delicate senses already soaking up the peace of the sleeping Temple.

He was pure light. No darkness stained this innocent soul, and for a moment Qui-Gon just lost himself in the child's aura, letting it cleanse a heart that felt like it had seen too much darkness in this galaxy.

Qui-Gon gave a wistful sigh. A brand new Jedi. Perhaps it was foolish to assume such a thing at this early stage. There were so many uncertainties for an initiate in the Temple. But he didn?t care. He just knew with every beat of his heart, with very breath that he drew, that this boy would be a Knight.

Here in his arms lay the future of the Order.

He Force caressed the baby again, soothing the last of his fears. The boy giggled and for a moment his stormy eyes were purest blue. A chubby fist reached out to grasp Qui-Gon?s long mane and tugged on it.

Qui-Gon laughed. ?Do you like that?? He reached for the boy?s mind again except this time the touch was more of a tickle.

The baby squealed in delight. Then he clutched Qui-Gon?s hair more firmly and gave a huge yawn. The day?s excitement and trials were finally catching up with him.

S

2. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww [face_love][face_love][face_love] Just what I needed, a lovely little bundle of mushy fluff. So cute! Excellent work :)

3. dianethx

dianethx Jedi Grand Master star 6

Mar 1, 2002
    That was sweet. I could just see Qui-Gon doing that.

Good job.

4. ratna

ratna Jedi Knight star 4

Mar 1, 2007
    Oh my gosh that was so sweet. I loved it!! What a wonderful thing to brighten this day!! [:D]

5. Luminara_Kenobi

Luminara_Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 6, 2006
    :oops: Ack! Must... [face_plain]be...[face_worried]girly!

[face_love] [face_love] Awww, baby! *Sigh, oh well. Adorable little vignette--a human moment for the Jedi. Seems that the Obi/Qui pairing really was in the works for years before Bandomeer ;).

[face_shhh] [face_mischief] You know what would really be cool? You could expand this into a series of vignettes, ya'know, little moments and run-ins where Qui-Gon watches the tyke grow... :D Just my opinion! Great job!

6. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    When I saw what song you'd used, I just had to read this. I love the Spirit soundtrack.

And this is a really cute viggie. Nice work! :)

7. dimyavie

dimyavie Jedi Master star 1

May 3, 2006
    Aw! That was so cute! I loved it. :) The mush made me happy. Thanks for the fic!

8. Bastet

Bastet Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 30, 1999
    Aaawwwww! [face_love]

That was adorable! I LOVE little Obi stories, and this one was just perfect! Aw, such lovely mush. Happy sigh!

Thank you for sharing this with us, Glenstorm! :D

9. Glenstorm

Glenstorm Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 27, 2006
    Thanks, everyone!

Layren: :D Thank-you. I?m really glad you liked it.

dianethx: *I could just see Qui-Gon doing that* Me too!

ranta: [face_blush] Well if it brightens your day, my friend, then it?s all worth while! It?s what writing?s for.

Luminara_Kenobi: *Ack! Must? be? girly* [face_laugh] Be as girly as you want! And great idea! As a matter of fact, I do have another story I?m currently working on that sort of fits that suggestion. Watch out for it!

amidalachick: *I love the Spirit soundtrack* So do I! This is my second story to be inspired by that film. Thanks for your response.

dimyavie: Thank-you! And like I said to ranta, if it makes you happy then it?s worth doing. :)

Bastet: [face_blush] Thank-you. It was my pleasure. [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.