main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Here?s To A Successful First Meeting!

Discussion in 'Archive: Daytona Beach, FL' started by Forja-Bingbey, Nov 18, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Forja-Bingbey

Forja-Bingbey Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 12, 2002
    Yesterday?s first meeting went reasonably well, all things considered. Jack and Jayna, it was a pleasure to meet both of you. I look forward to our second meeting. For everyone else here?s the plan. Sometime in late November or early December we will be trying to arrange for everyone to all go see the IMAX presentation of Star Wars: Episode II ? Attack Of The Clones in Tampa.

So, for starters I am willing to drive, but the only problem is that I drive a truck and can only hold one extra passenger beside myself. I have a friend in Orlando named Matt who goes by Jedisdoitbest on the boards. He would be willing to drive, and he could take up to 3 others plus himself. I could put together maybe 7 people who would want to go. I guess the only problem is getting them there.

Until next time?

2. Jayna

Jayna Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I also was very pleased with our meeting on Sunday. It was a pleasure meeting all of you and look I look forward to getting together again.

As for our IMAX outing, we had discussed that Sunday, December 8th would be a good day. Unfortunately, MOSI, the IMAX place in Tampa is not showing AOTC on that day. They have it showing every evening but that one.

Another possibility would be to go to the other Tampa IMAX theatre, Channelside. The only problem with that being that they only have their IMAX schedule up through Nov 21st. Perhaps when they update their schedule we can make a decision.

Until then, I say YAY DAYTONA!!!! :D

3. Minacia_Brightstar

Minacia_Brightstar Jedi Youngling star 5

May 23, 2001
    I am happy to hear that your first meeting went well. :)

As always, if you have any questions or concerns, please let me know.

4. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Sounds like someone down at MOSI need to be beaten with a lightsaber. So Channelside is our only other option then. In that case can we make a December 1st meeting? Will that comflict with exams?

5. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I know that I would not be able to make a Dec 1st meeting, as I am flying back into Florida from my Thanksgiving break that evening.

6. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Right, okay then December 8th it is.

7. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Well, it doesn't necessarily have to be the 8th. Perhaps the Thursday or Friday before it? I know I have no school on Friday and although it is supposed to be a study day, I'd gladly take some time out for Star Wars!

8. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    I can only do the 8th. I have such a non-flexiable schedule that it isn't even funny. After the first of the year It will be free up and so will I.

I'll email the information to Brightstar if that's okay with everyone else.

9. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    It looks like Channelside has Star Wars playing at 4:40, 7:00, and 9:45pm. That is, of course, assuming that this schedule will still apply for Dec 8th (their listed schedule covers up to Nov 28th). I'll keep an eye on it, but there is a possibility that it might not work out.

10. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Looks like the only showing of AOTC is at MOSI and it's at... Dun, Dun, Dun. 4:30

So it looks like a no go for the IMAX experience.

11. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    Well guys, I'm sorry we never got to go to the IMAX. Perhaps we can get together after the holidays and do something? Something to start thinking about. We still need to have another meeting. Until then, I'm off to my Michigan winter wonderland! Happy holidays! :)

12. Forja-Bingbey

Mar 12, 2002
    Freezing me ass off up in Binghamton, NY ladies and gents! Spent 3 wonderful days in NYC, but other than that it looks like I'm living in deleted scenes from Wonder Boys. And to think that I was born in this town.

13. Jayna

Apr 19, 2002
    I know what you mean, Forja. I'm really feeling the chill up here in Michigan. I've lived here all my life, but it's amazing how quickly a little Florida sunshine will deplete your cold-tolerance.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.