main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

V.C, CA Here we go again (BIG news)...

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by marmakecam, Aug 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. marmakecam

marmakecam Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 7, 2002
    Not like anyone checks these boards anymore but I still felt like I should make this announcement here...

I'm moving back to SF, or somewhere near there. I just accepted a job as a product buyer for StarWarsShop.com. I'm amazed that I got the job, it should be really incredible. Anyway, I start on the 17th of this month... which is really soon.

I'd REALLY like to have a meeting, official or not, next Sunday since it'll probably be my last one for a while.

What do you guys say, next Sunday, 5:00 @ Coco's in Camarillo? (I'm seriously craving that salad).

2. Gizmosrealm

Gizmosrealm Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 22, 2007
    Congratulations on your new job! I'm sure it'll be a fantastic opportunity for you. As for your impromptu (going away) meeting, do you mean this Sunday the 2nd or Sunday the 9th? Either way, I'll do my best to make it. Again, congratulations!

3. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    The 9th, this Sunday is too soon.

4. GentleBant

GentleBant Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 21, 1999
    Wait, WHAT?

Wow! Congrats!

WHAT?

:~)

9th is a little tight, have stuff in the morning and that evening, but I will do my best. Your call on the time since you're the one leaving!

5. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Yeah, it's sort of a surprise to everyone because I didn't really tell anyone I even interviewed. I was so sure I wouldn't get it that I didn't want to tell people.

6. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Heh, now that sounds confident....:~D

So what time are you thinking?

7. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    It doesn't really matter to me, you said you're busy in the morning and evening so how about we meet around 3?

8. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    OK. :~)

More jobbish details, etc. please!

BTW, not to hijack or anything, but I got my autographed Hero Squad pic yesterday!!!!

9. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    Okay, first off, I made the meeting official, go here to RSVP.

As for the job, it's full time, permanent, salery, the whole 9 years. Like a real career. Weird.

The official job description is:

Analyze sales reports, develop vendor relationships, and place product orders for StarWarsShop.com and LucasArtsStore.com. Work with the fulfillment center on receiving and inventory management issues, negotiate prices and terms, manage and maintain inventory levels quantities to keep pace with sales, partner with accounting to manage billing process, take on merchandising responsibilities including writing product descriptions and selecting cross-sell product based on inventory status and sales correlation data.

Doesn't that sound exciting? Well, not when they put it that way.

As most of you know I've been working freelance design for Lucas Online for about a year now. The main people I work with there are the two buyers for StarWarsShop. One of them told me he was leaving and I sarcasticly said to the other that I should apply. He said "dude, you totally should!", so I did. Two weeks ago I went up to San Francisco for an interview (actually, 5 interviews) and I've been sitting around waiting to hear back since then. I was pretty certain that I wouldn't get the job since I don't have any actual buying expereicnce, but I did have a lot of other somewhat related experience so I ended up getting the job. Yay!

By the way, GB, did you actually get a hero squad pic? The one I got was the full group shot with the band and 501st and everything. I also got a cool pic of the Endor float.

10. BleuKnight

BleuKnight Jedi Youngling

Feb 28, 2007
    Well, Congratulations again (On the move).

I don't know if I can make the meeting, because this is "football season". I'll be at the Cronie's in Camarillo on Saturday to watch the BYU vs. UCLA football game. Sunday there is a Ventura County UCLA student/scholarship BBQ luncheon. I was asked to bring one of my bruins... so even if I do get done in time, I'll be smelly and stinky, and probably want to just go home and change....And if I did show up, I definitely wouldn't be hungry....Please give my regrets to the rest of the group, but I hope I can be included in the future? I received this notice from the fanforce group on MySpace.

Once you leave, who will be taking over to be sure we have monthly meetings, etc.?

Jay

11. marmakecam

Nov 7, 2002
    I'm not sure who will take over, I know Garrett volunteered. We'll try to figure that out at the next meeting. Thanks Jay.

12. GentleBant

Sep 21, 1999
    Actually, the job sounds pretty cool, and I bet you'll be good at it. :~)

You're right, it's the full group shot! But I got a nice Hero Squad thank you letter.

:~)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.