1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events: Supanova: Melbourne (10th-12th April), Gold Coast (17th-19th April)

Oz Comic Con: Perth (11th-12 April), Adelaide (18th-19th April)

FF:WA Here We Go Again...

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Pinback, Jan 11, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Anybody want to help the wife and I move on Australia Day weekend? We'll feed ya, and the place we're moving to has AC! If you like, you can even watch DVD's with us to wind down.

Here's our current address, which we're leaving to the cockies:

38A Woodrow Ave.
    Yokine

And here's our intended destination:

3/23 Haig St.
    Tuart Hill

It's only a 5-min. drive from one to the other, and most of the payload is boxes, not a lot of heavy stuff.

Besides, many hands make light work and good parties!
  2. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    if ya need me i can do the fridge and w/m etc again
  3. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    I'd love to help, but I've only got one arm atm, can Icome for the dvd's anyway?
  4. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Ta Grizz, we'll have a case of the usual waiting for ya; you won't even have to share with the Gonk and Ewok this time!

Sith Magician- Well, okay; I can hardly exclude Master Soneil's brother, can I? He'll give me a Force Wedgie!

BTW, we should be safely settled at home by 9pm tomorrow night (Sunday, Jan. 13). I just want to thank Soneil and the Princess for looking after the "estate" in our absence, feeding the fish and stuff. If you happen to be reading this guys, I'll be by at some point on Monday for the keys, mail and CDs.
  5. JEDIPAULAW Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    I'd help but it's kinda hard from Qld lol, but may the force be with u pinback at yer new place:)

6. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    See you then! Monday and for the move.
  7. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    I just want to say how mightily impressed I am by our humble leader and his Princess; we got home last night to find our place safe and sound, our fish still swimming, and our mail piled up on our kitchen counter. They even left change from the cash we left them for bread to feed the fish!!! Change!!!

It's good to have Jedi for friends, man, what else can I tell ya? Of course, I owe ém big time, and promise to find some way to make it up to them. Thanks guys!
  8. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    A bottle of that specially imported blue milk you get from the US will do.
  9. SoulKrusher Jedi Master

star 4
  10. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Okay, I'll try to adjust the recipe this time so it doesn't turn out aquamarine!

11. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    which day are you actually planning on moving everything? or is it a full weekend thing?
  12. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    The move will take Friday and Saturday; Friday is when we hope to get the bulk of our stuff out, as we've hired a young woman to come in on Saturday and clean the place for inspection.

All involved parties will be well fed and watered, and may enjoy a relaxed, air-conditioned evening in our company.
  13. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Grizz, please let us know what -if any- plans you have for the weekend, we'll be happy to accomodate you; we're sure that we can get all the heavy stuff out on Friday, the rest is just boxes and I have a good feeling we can move most of those on the same day if we get it together.

And hey, who's more together than us?
  14. Grizzly Jedi Master

star 4
    my weekend plans? the usual... in front of the pc :) Friday works for me
  15. soneil Jedi Master

star 4
    I think I'll be sleeping in. Anniversary the night before so we'll probably catch a late movie. We'll have baby sitters so we won't be in a hurry to get home. Don't get out much these days (last time I set foot in a night-club for example?).
    I'm sure we could pop around to help at some point.
  16. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Here's an update on our move:

It's starting to look like we'll be doing the bulk of it on Thursday, when we'll move the boxes and Friday, when we'll be moving the furniture. We'll have some extra help; Leesa has asked a work-mate to bring a trailer to speed things up, I'd bet we could even get the appliances across with a minimum of fuss if we give it a go!

The goal in getting it all done quickly is to free up Saturday the 27th for our housewarming party. Leesa's invited a bunch of her work-mates, and I'm sending out an open invite here and now to all of you. Bring a case, bring a date, whatever you like; parents might want to call a sitter, alcohol will be featured at this shindig and the evening's DVD selections will feature "Dogma" and "Fight Club."

See ya there!
  17. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    Oh yeah, one more thing; if everyone has at least one drink, I'll play the damn "Presidents' Day" tape, okay?
  18. Pinback Jedi Knight

star 1
    And ONE more thing; the party starts at 7:30pm.

Any questions or problems, the new number as of Thursday, Jan. 25th is:
    (08) 9344 1414

Our current number, (08) 9375 7381 goes inactive as of that day as well.
  19. Ghost-of-Spider Jedi Knight

star 3
    Hey Pin,
    You sure you got all the details now??
    All the best with the move.
  20. JediLeia21 Jedi Youngling

star 4
  21. Jedi_Nat Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    Sought of busy this weekend guys. I know you all want me there after I missed the last meet, but I'm blaming that partly on SM! I've already organised things with friends, plus there's the new landspeeder to take care of. Sorry folks, but next time. I promise.
  22. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
    "It's not my fault!" -sorry, wrong thread.
    I replied to your email as soon as I could, was having comp. troubles, honest..
  23. Sith Magician Force Ghost

star 5
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.