main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Mary Here we go again

Discussion in 'NorthEast Regional Discussion' started by PaSco, Mar 10, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isbeth

Isbeth Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2001
    Fipe_Naz-mero, you do me great honor in your nomination. ::bows in his general direction:: Although I will always be your great hospitality mistress, vice is nice! [face_devil] I, like Quinlan Vos, would welcome a turn to the dark side. :D However, before you folks grant me vice, wouldn't you rather have a Maryland native as an officer? I hang with you guys, because you are all closer to me than the West Virginia group, however, I don't actually live in Maryland. [face_blush]

2. KnightThomas

KnightThomas Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 31, 2004
    Sounds great to me guys, if we can get some kind of structure going in this group, I'd be willing to contribute (even though I'd probably be the youngest in the group.) And since Montgomery county is pretty much smack dab in the middle of Maryland, making it to most meetings shouldnt be a proble, for me.

3. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    I think I'm one of the few representing Western MD.

4. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hehe, I'm actually the youngest, KnightThomas. Or at least the last time i checked. :p

5. Mogook

Mogook Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 14, 2001
    For now, let's assume we'll need five regions: Northern, Central, Southern, Western, and Eastern.

We could break these up by counties, but just as a rough outline as some members may be on the tip of a county and find another region closer to them than their own.

6. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jedi_Insurance_Guy Jedi Master star 5

Jul 27, 2004
    I have a quick question for those in the Central/Northern region - how many of ye are 21 or older?

7. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    I am.

8. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    If all of us are, maybe we could all get together at a local watering hole and get some pub grub, have a few drinks, etc, for a meeting. I'm up for a game of darts if anyone would like to get beaten badly.....

who am I kidding? I suck at darts. And billards, anymore, for that matter.

9. RevaDurron

RevaDurron Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2005
    Sadly, I am just 18. Oh well!

10. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Well, we wouldn't have a formal meeting of that sort unless everybody could attend. I wouldn't want any of the whippersnappers to feel left out :p

11. KnightThomas

Jul 31, 2004
    Yeah damn old people *shakes fist*

You're only 15! *feels old again* I'm only a 10th grader though, and I'll be 17 in almost a month. Damn school held me back in kindergarden, how does that happen? lol.

I wonder if having chat room get together's on AIM could be done? Maybe weekly meetings at a set time that we can all agree on, to try and sort some stuff out.

12. PaSco

PaSco Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 22, 2004
    I am also 21, however I no longer drink(was an alcoholic by the time I was 21). I don't have a problem catching up with others some place like Fells Point or the harbor. Probably the center most place for the northern region. Also, Isbeth, I am fine with having you as an officer. Even though you are no longer a resident of MD you still participate here on the forum.

13. Experiment626

Experiment626 Jedi Knight

Jan 31, 2005
    I'm in western MD too saerah, but I don't think there are many more of us? If nothing else maybe we can have a girls night out! :p

14. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Dear Friends in the Force:
    It's good to see that more people are slowly joining the efforts to organize the MDFF. Mogook, I think that your ideas are great. What would you want me to do to begin part of the work in the Southern MD area. I can try to talk to my friends into joining the MDFF and have accountability from our part.

I suggest that we finally finish the effort to organize the map into chapters and make it final and available for everyone to see.

Evryone else, hello and welcome to the new ones. Personally, I'd like to see more members to be more active. So invite your friends, neighbors, family members that are Star Wars fans to be part of MDFF.

I'm always here listening...

Best of regards.
    God Bless!
    May the Force be with you... Always.
    Fipe Naz-Mero, JK
    USA NE-REGION
    Southern MD Chapter, MDFF

15. CodeName_Targeter

CodeName_Targeter Jedi Master star 5

Nov 7, 2003
    Hehe, I'm the baby of the MDFF then. :p

Fipe, what county are you in?

16. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Fipe: Yes, I agree with you, I think the sooner we get this complete the sooner we can do things, meetings and such.

17. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    Wouldn't it be nice if there was a link to click on in the header for this board that had the MD FF roster?

Just a thought. I don't even know if you could do that with these boards.

18. KnightThomas

Jul 31, 2004
    Or we could just start a thread and make it a stickey.

And yeah! Let's get some stuff goin!

19. Mogook

Nov 14, 2001
    It may be possible to add a link. But the thing with rosters is that they make attendance official and new members may be put off. What we could add is our regional division and what counties we include in it.

I've been working on the new layout for the site and I'm including a section that explains our regional plan.

20. Jedi_Insurance_Guy

Jul 27, 2004
    I like the way you think, Mogook.

21. Harth_Cabal

Harth_Cabal Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2004
    Over 21?

Let's just say my eldest is 16. :p
    Residence: Balto. County (west)
    Work: Towson

22. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    That sounds like a really good idea Mogook. I like the idea of our regional divisions and counties though.

23. Fipe_Naz-mero

Fipe_Naz-mero Jedi Youngling star 2

Feb 4, 2002
    Codename_Targeter:
    I'm in St Mary's County.

24. RevaDurron

Jan 27, 2005
    Geez, why didn't I think of that! I-)

I must be asleep on my feet or something.

I am in Baltimore County, Catonsville.

25. saerah

saerah Jedi Grand Master star 7

May 13, 1999
    LOL, sounds good, Experiment626. I am sure there are other SW fans in Garrett County! We need to find 'em and round them up.

I live in Mtn. Lake Park, BTW.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.