main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000

There's a difference between growing up and growing old. Believe me, I know! [face_tee_hee]

Foxobi likes this.
  2. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    Here we go again indeed, so happy now :)

3. captain_trips

captain_trips Jedi Knight

Oct 31, 2012
    They are officially (and confirmed) titled as "Episode 7, 8, and 9" by StarWars.com announcement and the Disney.com announcement. Hence, they will be Episodes 7,8 and 9.

Trust this... with such a mega-huge, life-altering announcement (and no, that's not a joke, it literally has changed everything), they would not announce it as such unless they meant exactly that.

It's probably been in production for some time, with a lot of the scripts already in the works if not completed, and I gurantee that they decided to only officially announce at the Lucasfilm acqusation from Disney. PR has probably been tailoring and revising the announcement for a few months, and has been informed of what and what not to say. But a half-hearted "11th hour" decision and announcement this most certainly is not.

Now I'm wondering if Lucas was just trolling us with "nope, 7,8, 9... never gonna happen" announcements the past few years, and it was more of a "AHHHHHH!!!! GOTCHA! HAAAA HAAAA!" expression from him and that they "weren't going to happen" was a joke on us all along.

4. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    It has been stated by everyone involved (including Lucas and Hamill, who found out in August when Lucas invited him and Fisher to lunch to tell them) that the next trilogy will be Episodes 7, 8 and 9. If it wasn't going to be "sequential" to the OT, then the new trilogy wouldn't start with Episode VII. It will definitely be based after ROTJ, but how long after is anyone’s guess.

5. Darth_Martus

Darth_Martus Jedi Knight star 1

May 11, 2011
    I was in the cinema watching Skyfall and my phone lit up with texts messages. I was convinced my friends had grouped together to play a cruel joke on me.

Was I happy when I got home and went online or what? :D

6. DRush76

DRush76 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 25, 2008
    Why do I get the feeling that many simply want a remake of the OT, with the same characters, but set at a different time? Why not have the next set of films continue the Skywalker family saga, but with a new twist?

7. ezekiel22x

ezekiel22x Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    To be fair, plenty of open-minded viewers are perfectly willing to accept Avengers and Batman in Space.

8. Jack-Jedi

Jack-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    This is exactly what I´m feeling.
    After many years, I´ll see Star Wars again...a new SW movie o/

Sinrebirth likes this.
  9. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I wonder if they'll do a webcam like they did for RoTS. I had Hyperspace and remember trying to watch the thing (on dialup!). I still have an image of someone dressed as Jango that came up on the webcam.

10. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    After three days of musing, I have settled on Insanely Excited as my reaction. Cannot survive three years.

11. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Agreed, Lucas pulled from the serials, and ultimately intended Star Wars to be a serial.

12. Jack-Jedi

Jack-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    I hope so =D

In EP 3 trailer, my dial-up connection only allow me to download the video in about 4 hours...now I think it´ll be differente lol....tks, internet / computer evolutions!

13. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    I didn't even bother with the trailers.I knew that was a lost cause.

14. fettmaster39

fettmaster39 Jedi Master star 3

Jun 9, 2005
  15. LAJ_FETT

May 25, 2002
    I'm pretty sure there's a thread here on his donation. It might be down a page though.

16. Jedsithor

Jedsithor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 1, 2005
    Given that Star Wars has me wired right now, I decided to finish the trilogy and do the other two crawls.

So that's what the opening to the sequels could look like. Now all I need is for someone to tell me that the last 2 days haven't been some form of elaborate dream.

17. Jack-Jedi

Jack-Jedi Jedi Youngling

Nov 1, 2012
    The Force is strong with this man.

18. Jade_Pilot

Jade_Pilot Jedi Master star 5

Dec 10, 2005
    Let the paryting begin!

19. Ridley Solo

Ridley Solo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 27, 2010
    Mind: Blown. :eek: I actually got goosebumps seeing 'A Long Time Ago...' and 'Episode VII' in front of my eyes. The wording and plots sound like rehashes of Episodes 1 and 2, but the feeling is the same.

20. vypernight

vypernight Jedi Master star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    I created a new account here just for these movies. My thoughts thus far:

I could see 7-9 as movies about rebuilding the Republic and Jedi. Considering that by the current books, the Republic/Alliance keeps falling apart every single series and the Jedi can't function for 5 minutes with Luke gone, Palpy's plans seem to have succeeded long after his death.

7-9 should be about the galaxy and Jedi being tested once and for all. By the end, either they collapse, giving Palpy his final victory, or they come and stay together.

Palpy can even be a Jigsaw-like figure, showing up in holograms or whatever revealing that he set everything up so if he can't rule the galaxy, no one would. These could then fall into the hands of the next main villain.

Most importantly, Palpy ultimately succeeded because of a Skywalker. Now his final plans will either succeed or fail because of another Skywalker.

Just my thoughts on it.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  21. RX-27

RX-27 Jedi Master star 1

Oct 5, 2010
    The only Star Wars movies I ever waited on was Episode II and III. I remember feeling very sad when I finished Episode III, knowing that their wouldn't be anymore Star Wars movies. Now with the news of Episode VII, I had mixed feelings and felt somewhat reserved. But you know what? For once, I'm going to be optimistic about this. I shall await this movie with an open heart and mind. I look forward to see what this new adventure will bring, hopefully it will be something that all us Star Wars fans can enjoy without huge flame wars.

I say bring on the Star Wars!!! May the force be with you all.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  22. LANDO_ROCKS

LANDO_ROCKS Force Ghost star 5

Nov 28, 2002
    My old account is baaaaaaaaaaaack! Yipeee!

Garth Maul likes this.
  23. GargantuanThrillMachine

GargantuanThrillMachine Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 7, 2012
    damn, look at all the different opening crawl videos in the related vids already

24. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Didn't GL state that originally he intended there to be 12 films? If so perhaps 7-9 will set the stage for the real struggle to play out in 10-12. Maybe a supreme meanie isn't really needed till Episode 10 and some patsy bad guys will be introduced and wiped out over the course of 7-9 to build up the new protagonist.

25. BoromirsFan

BoromirsFan Jedi Master star 4

May 16, 2010
    Its going to be an exciting journey. For better or worse we have our old saga. I will finally be able to be on JCC through a new set of films! I can't wait to anticipate them with you guys!