main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Dreamer_Sith

Dreamer_Sith Jedi Knight

Dec 9, 2010
    I was 10 when Episode I came to theaters, so I got the kid theater experience. Now I get the older fan who grew up with a trilogy feel with these films and beyond, AND I have two kids of my own now, so I can also let them have the trilogy for them to grow up with. I'm pretty excited about all of this, and it really makes me feel like a little kid again.

DarthKreVass likes this.
  2. Angel Eyes

Angel Eyes Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    "hold me. Like you did by the lake on Naboo. So long ago when there was nothing but our love."

3. tekkamansoul

tekkamansoul Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 31, 2012
    "I'm not going to die in childbirth Annie. I promise."
    'No, I promise you.'

and dont forget: "I slaughtered them like animals!" 'I love you, Annie'

4. The-Eternal-Hero

The-Eternal-Hero Jedi Knight star 4

Nov 3, 2012
    They got me, I admit it!

I had SW music on in the car all day, just daydreaming scenes that might happen in VII.

Hot on the heals of the Onderon episodes this is unreal news -- talk about "SW dreams coming true"!

Voss and LawJedi like this.
  5. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Wow the Trolls are coming out of the woodwork already :p

Bowen and LawJedi like this.
  6. DarthKreVass

DarthKreVass Jedi Grand Master star 3

Dec 27, 2008
    48 year old going on 13 with this news. Yeah!!!!

7. Qual

Qual Jedi Youngling

Dec 2, 2009
    G'day: long time lurker, first time poster.

It took me a while to get over some initial apprehension about this, but I'm sure all Star Wars fans have that small space in their heart that got a bit giddy at the thought of the Sequel Trilogy being real. Bring on the speculation I say!

mavjade and Garth Maul like this.
  8. Foltliss

Foltliss Jedi Padawan star 2

Nov 19, 2010
    Disney isn't inherently going to ruin Star Wars. There's every chance that this new trilogy could blow even ESB out of the water. Maybe not, but there's no point in not being optimistic. I just hope they set it post-Crucible.

That Bad Huh likes this.
  9. EviL_eLF

EviL_eLF Force Ghost star 5

Mar 16, 2003
    Watched all six films on blu ray yesterday and today! Man I'm psyched!

Born in '77, just like Star Wars...my mom thinks the sounds of Star Wars were probably the first real sounds I ever heard while she was pregnant...I certainly wouldn't doubt it for a second! I actually remember when I was 3 and the whole family went to see ESB at the France ave Drive-in theater... The shock of the Vader revelation and the debate our family had on the way home after was fun!

Obviously I have even more memories from the RotJ release when I was 5 (we actually saw that one opening weekend unlike ESB which had been out for a couple months first, so it was before my 6th birthday). We had traveled from the Twin Cities to the U.P. of Michigan to visit my Grand Parents. My brother and I begged our parents to get us to the theater that weekend...we were so exited for the movie and it lived up to and beyond our expectations!

Yeah I know I was 5, but that feeling is so vivid to this day!

I know some people were not thrilled with the PT, but to me they are just a small part of a larger story and feel seamless in their attachment to said story, so I love their addition to the Star Wars Universe, and absolutely can't wait for the ST!

10. Darth Sone

Darth Sone Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 6, 2012
    Lurker turned poster here too.

Looking forward to the next 3 years of speculations!

mavjade likes this.
  11. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    I pulled out my Making of Episode I book!

I have a collection of about 300 SW related magazines, I started collecting them in 1993, tracking the whole PT and the early lead up to TC. I will have to start again now that we have VII coming :)

12. ObidioJuan

ObidioJuan Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 1, 2002
    I have mixed feelings about this...

I kind of don't know if I want an Evil Luke or to have Han's and Leia's children training as Jedi.

Hopefully there are some original characters that live in some other area of the outer rims or maybe in a system we've not heard about. But being realistic, some kind of links to the OT would be necessary unless they set it up 1000 years from the PT-OT, kind of like a reverse KOTOR which was set 1000 years before the PT?

13. Seerow

Seerow Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 7, 2011
    I am one of those hated casual fans actually. I have always liked the movies but that was all they were to me. Over the past year I am gradually getting more and more obsessed with SW. I am really excited for a 7th installment and more on the way. Not to mention for the 1st time in more than 20 years in FL I am thinking I need to get an Annual pass to Disney.

14. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Totally been doing the same! Imagining what might be!!!

BTW, this may sound totally ignorant... whats trolling?

15. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Trolling is posting annoying things to annoy and aggravate people to entertain yourself. Expect a lot of it over the next 3 years.

SithStarSlayer likes this.
  16. Voss

Voss Jedi Padawan star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Thats what that friggin thing is! Thanks Hero.
    Ok, who would get off on that though?
    Oh well, Ill debate a troller any day...and win.

17. SithStarSlayer

SithStarSlayer Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 23, 2003
    Just like old times!:p

The-Eternal-Hero likes this.
  18. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    Who wants to be a functioning member of society?
    I'd much rather be a SW fan :cool:

19. Garth Maul

Garth Maul Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 18, 2002
    Voss - the point of a troll is that you can't reason with it. There's no "winning" here. :)

One of the major things this trilogy has going for it is that the damage has already been done, to a certain extent, with the PT. Expectations were so ridiculously high for TPM it could have been 5x as good as ESB and it wouldn't have mattered (although it would have helped :p).

I think more people would have been "cautiously optimistic" if it was simply Lucas announcing "guess what guys, i want to do 7, 8 and 9".

The fact that Lucas is passing on the torch, which I never thought would happen, has added to the excitement.

20. arthurclavin2

arthurclavin2 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 27, 2003
    I'm back, bebe!

Was here mostly during the times of the mighty 3SA. Time to ride it out in the 7SA! W00t, w00t!

Anyone remember me?

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    I remember you for whatever value that holds to you...

22. The Great No One

The Great No One Jedi Grand Master star 8

Jun 4, 2005
    PoorGreedo likes this.
  23. Poor Greedo

Poor Greedo Jedi Master star 2

Nov 6, 2012
    Given that The Avengers was a huge success ( and a darned good movie) I have faith that Disney will do right by the fans. They have been hosting SWC for a few years now, anyway. As far as content, who knows? Id assume it would be an aging Luke and Co. complete with kids. I think the time for Thrawn has passed...and that makes me sad. Just know that itwill be grand in vision and scope and with the financial backing of Mickey, its up to the director and writer to keep us interested. As if we aren't ALL GOING TO FREAK THE * OUT WHEN IT ACUTALLY DROPS. :)

Mav Edit: Even the letter has to be starred out.

24. Poo-Do

Poo-Do Jedi Padawan

Nov 6, 2012
    I wish I still had my old account info from wayyyyyy back before Episode 1. But, I can't remember any of that...or even the email. But, with all that being said, wow this is such awesome news i'm still in shock. I can't believe this entire journey is about to happen again. It was made alll that more fun by being on this site and forums...it's gonna be a crazy/fun/ ride.

25. The-Eternal-Hero

Nov 3, 2012
    But mostly crazy.