main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    If Palpatine kept it to himself well enough (which he apparently did), nothing in the movies really proves that that theory is actually false. His secret would have been out if he had said to Anakin, "Know the power of the dark side. The power to save your totally hot wife, Padme." :p

Tailsfan44 likes this.
  2. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    He also said the thought of losing her "is unbearable"

3. Panakas_Dawg

Panakas_Dawg Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jul 29, 2004
    Dude, I completely forgot that one!!! The "Naboo Connection" theory as I used to think of it.

4. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    My favorite theory was that Padmé was going to become Dagobah.

...I might be misremembering that one.

Lord Tuvitor and Grimby like this.
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Luke: What planet am I on?
    Yoda: Heh heh your mom it is.

6. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    No, no, Jar-Jar becomes Dagobah.

But yeah. People took the "turning into things" stuff and just...ran with it. Kamino was going to become Hoth and Naboo was going to become Dagobah are the ones I remember.

Thankfully LFL knows better than paying attention to what the movie forums think is a good idea :p

7. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Well I used to be under the belief that planets such as Naboo and Coruscant would be blown up by the Death Star in Episode III since they are not really seen in the OT. Of course I held this belief right after seeing TPM, so I was young and naive.

8. SithLordDarthRichie

SithLordDarthRichie CR Emeritus: London star 9

Oct 3, 2003
    But in the OT the Death Star is newly finished and the first proper planet it is tested on is Alderaan, you no pay attention [face_shame_on_you] :p

9. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    Naboo is Alderaan!!1one!!

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  10. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    I'd kind of like to see the post-Empire effects on Utapau. I'd like to know if the Nosferatu guys lived.

11. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Minutes after Obiwan abandoned them with all of his empty promises...
    [​IMG]

bibfortuitous and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    No they died of poor dentistry.

13. DarthMateous

DarthMateous Jedi Master star 4

Aug 1, 2002
    Wait....What??? A person turns into a planet??? That's about the most ridiculous idea I've ever heard! I'm assuming this idea is a joke, right?

14. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    DarthMateous:

Yes, it's a joke. But Darth Boba is correct - there were these outlandish theories about Naboo becoming Dagobah or Kamino freezing and being Hoth. The best part was, since it doesn't have any bearing on any of the story, the theories had no purpose whatsoever. And these weren't troll-theories or joke-theories. Padme was supposed to have secretly trained as a Sith and been a Sithspy this entire time (I guess Anakin was to replace her as Palps' apprentice or somesuch nonsense). This was all wrapped up with the usual "who gets who's lightsaber" three-card monte, to ensure that Anakin ends up with the saber that Obi Wan (or, OB1, if you think he's a clone) takes and later gives to Luke. I remember labyrinthine posts. No details, but really convoluted messes trying to tie this hoo-hah together. If anyone remembers the details of the "Palpatine has two lightsabers" fiasco, please share with the class. I think it was related to the "Palps and Sidious are two different people/clones/evil twins" thing.

DarthBoba likes this.
  15. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    Didn't someone come up with the theory that Maul was actually Syfo-Dyas? That would have been.....interesting to see played out.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  16. Blobofat

Blobofat Chosen One star 8

Dec 15, 2000
    I hate to think what part of her was the cave!

Can't believe I'm back here again 12 years later. ha.

17. DarthBoba

Jun 29, 2000
    I think so.

Pretty sure most of TPM's cast was speculated to have been Sifo-Dyas at some point or another, including random aliens on the Jedi Council.

Panakas_Dawg likes this.
  18. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    That was a fiasco? I hope this settles that then.

[​IMG]

Arawn_Fenn likes this.
  19. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Oh, thanks for the TCW spoiler in the Ep VII forum.

darthzac14 and Panakas_Dawg like this.
  20. Panakas_Dawg

Jul 29, 2004
    KED12345

Love it. But, yes, there was serious vitriol involved. Ah, the pre-TCW days. On one hand, any time some theorist needed an extra lightsaber in his/her theory, suddenly they just said "so and so has another lightsaber." Hence, one delicious board member pretty much had a lightsaber for everyone - including Padme - and Palps had two. It was really a bizarre thing to read.

On the other hand, any time someone would voice a "then he whips out his second lightsaber" theory, there was a backlash of epic proportions. All over a Laser Sword (c).

21. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Hardly a spoiler! ;) It's on the Season 5 trailer.

I think TCW writers did that just for you guys then. :p I lurked on here back in 2005, and I was a kid then, so I don't recall that. But seeing some the ridiculous speculation being thrown in here already for the ST, it doesn't shock me there was insane things like that going around for the PT.

22. Queen Gimmedala

Queen Gimmedala Jedi Knight

Dec 18, 2012
    I remember the rumors about the possible PT Padme and Palpatine love affair. Good times. I'm a few pages behind in the convo....

Yes to Mace Window in the ST! Have him come back, Yoda style. Meaning he should a slightly different hue and more senile. Perhaps Episode 8 would be more appropriate.

23. Vicious Jedi

Vicious Jedi Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 1, 2012
    Will Luke Skywalker Return to Yavin 4 in Star Wars: Episode VII?

December 19, 2012

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=98243

It's been a while since there was a new Star Wars rumor, so it's about time for a new one. Reuters posted an article yesterday about the Mayan temple in Tikal, Guatemala that was used as the Yavin 4 rebel base in the original Star Wars. But the really interesting thing about the article is the inclusion of this line:

YYavin 4 and the rebel base return to the Star Wars plot in the forthcoming Episode VII, announced in October by the Walt Disney Co, in which Skywalker comes back to the planet to build a Jedi Knight academy. However, fans said that Disney will likely film those scenes in a studio rather than return to Tikal."

Before you get really excited, they cite no sources for this particular 'plot point' so treat this strictly as a rumor.

Michael Arndt is writing the screenplay for Star Wars: Episode VII , scheduled to hit theaters in 2015.

[​IMG]

24. HeEmAn

HeEmAn Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2003
    It's happening, all over again :D

25. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    What, people making up rumors? Yes, it happens all the time.