main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    People can keep saying this but that doesn't make it true. Nothing in the movies indicates whether or not other Sith can come along.

2. Eternity85

Eternity85 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 24, 2008
    "Always two they are, no more, no less. A master and an apprentice."

This is one clue and its found in the movies.

How exactly would other Sith come along, in what way would that happen? The chain is broken, the Sith died out. The followers will only be Dark Jedi; maybe if they re-discover some ancient Sith artifacts and knowledge they could eventually become followers of an ideal amd form a cult; but the fact is that all the accumulated wisdom died with Sidious and Vader, only they, mostly Sidious, could spread the ancient Sith knowledge to the next generation. Anyone flirting with the dark side cannot simply call themselves Sith, I mean they can, but it doesn't make it true. Nothing in the movies indicate that there were more than two Sith.

3. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    That would work, if the TCW, with a great deal of Lucas influence, had five Sith running around at one point, all descended from Sidious' teachings.

In the EU Vader prepares to become Master with a secret apprentice or two. Two such apprentices survive, and continue the Rule of Two.

That's hardly far-fetched.

4. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    That's an EU thing and as far as the films are concerned it's not part of the story. Plus, just because the line is broken, it doesn't mean that someone else couldn't pick it up.

If Luke died before he had a chance to train any Jedi, would there ever be any more real Jedi? I'm sure there would be eventually. To me it's no different.

5. Arawn_Fenn

Arawn_Fenn Chosen One star 7

Jul 2, 2004
    The rule of two is part of the film story, as is the belief that the Sith have been extinct for a millennium. Both of those are central to the story of Bane.

6. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I hate this whole rule of 2 crap. When Yoda says "always 2 there are" why can't he mean everytime you come across a Sith there is defo another one. A master and an apprentice. I know the EU expanded upon it, but I always liked to understand that as hey we've found one here, so there's another here. If we find one there, there'll be another there.

Kind of like let's say there's a Sith of the North and he has an apprentice (always 2 of them there are), but then we discover a Sith of the West and he has an apprentice (always 2 of them there are), a Sith of the South bla bla bla

I think you get the picture.

I always liked this version of the rule of 2 much better than the singular narrowminded rule of 2 that the EU created based on Yoda's one line

Darth_Asabrush and Krueger like this.
  7. Anakin's Daddy

Anakin's Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Aug 13, 2002
    This is a great theory. You know the "rule of two" was not explained much in the films. We have made a lot of assumptions about it. The rule of 2 could simply mean that the Sith work in 2's, no more, no less.

Krueger and StoneRiver like this.
  8. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Yeah I refuse to believe that there were only two Sith running around during the time of the PT.

9. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  10. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Hmm, interesting. I've never considered that. I've always taken it literally.

11. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    For example, in TCW Maul cites the "rule of two" when calling himself the "master" and Savage the "apprentice". And of course he knows they're not the only Sith out there, even when dismissing Dooku as "Sith pretender".

StoneRiver likes this.
  12. Eternity85

Jan 24, 2008
    I understand this and it's possible that this could have been true. But the philosophy of Bane is very clear: There should be only two Sith at any given time because then they would not fight among eachother and destroy themselves. The purpose of the rule of two is that it would protect the Sith from themselves and it's the reason why Bane was so fundamental on this point. If there were ever more than two Sith they would eventuelly clash with eachother and nothing would be accomplished; there is a reason why Palpatine and the Sith finally succeded in their quest for galactic domination; there were only two at a time and it was an extremly effective strategy.

The rule of two is not narrowminded, it's actually deep and there are very good reasons for it. The master would stay alive because he had the knowledge that the apprentice desired; when the apprentice finally aquired the wisdom he could take down his master. Then the new master would adopt his own protegee.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    On the thread title - "Here we go again" - I'd forgotten how rabid and completely fruitcakey some fans are - Online petitions? Star Wars Earth? I demand this that or the other or the movie will suck/fail? It's going to be a LONG couple years...

DarthKreVass likes this.
  14. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Ain't that the truth

15. StoneRiver

Oct 6, 2004
    Yeah, I get all that, but as I said in my original post - "I know it's been expanded upon in the EU but..."

When I watch the movies, I do not get the philosophy of Bane in any of movies. In fact I don't hear his name at all. :(

I'm not bashing the EU, I'm just saying from the movies alone there is no reason to discount the theory I have put forward, and then it is not difficult to assume that Disney may do the same thing, therefore it is easy to introduce a new Sith.

To be clear, I am neither saying any is right or wrong. Speculation. Fun.

16. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I don't like those arrogant fans who claim that you're not a true SW fan if you also don't read the EU books. Such silliness.

17. Eternity85

Jan 24, 2008
    I'm with you on that, speculation is fun. Let's put this one down and speculate about other aspects of the upcoming movies [face_thinking]

18. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    ^:)^

And honestly, the Shat said it best -

lbr789 likes this.
  19. Grade

Grade Jedi Master star 1

Jan 17, 2013
    I agree with you. I have friend who is not interested in the EU (books, comics, etc) or memorabilia, and is the biggest fan then some of us here put together. :p

He suggested for us two, taking our girls (I need to get girlfriend by then :) ) to see Star Wars VII. Oh, neither him or me don't mind about re-casts, because... have seen Carrie Fisher?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

20. Arawn_Fenn

Jul 2, 2004
    The quality of the EU is so hit-and-miss, though.

21. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    You mean this amazing lady? (yeah, 2012 pic)

[​IMG]

22. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    That broad could take down the entire Empire with a cold stare, a pack of smokes and some harsh language. [face_love]

23. DarthBreezy

Jun 4, 2002
    To look HALF this good at 56... we should be so lucky.

Darth Chiznuk and LawJedi like this.
  24. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Is that an electric cigarette? What the hell is that? Looks like a magic wand.

25. LawJedi

LawJedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2009
    We should be lucky enough to be half as badass as she is when we're 56.

Darth Chiznuk and DarthBreezy like this.