main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    [face_dancing] That was awesome, Darth Claire! :)

2. Boba_Fat83

Boba_Fat83 Jedi Master star 2

Feb 22, 2004
    Off topic...but Evil Dead was really good ;)

3. BountyhunterNez

BountyhunterNez Jedi Knight

Jul 18, 2004
    off topic relpy: Was it really good classic horror movie good, or was it really good todays total chit horror movie good (like paranormal activity lol)

4. HanJones

HanJones Jedi Master star 2

Nov 26, 2002
    Wait, Episode 7 already has editors? Well, according to this press release from Disney / Marvel for "Captain America: The Winter Soldier" announcing that production on that began today, Ep. 7 DOES have editors.

Marvel Studios’ President Kevin Feige is producing the film. Executive producers on the project include Alan Fine, Louis D’Esposito, Victoria Alonso, Michael Grillo and Stan Lee. The creative production team on the film includes director of photography Trent Opaloch (“Elysium,” “District 9”), production designer Peter Wenham (“21 Jump Street,” “Fast Five”), editors Jeffrey Ford, A.C.E. and Mary Jo Markey, A.C.E. (“Star Wars: Episode 7,” “The Perks of Being a Wallflower”) and three time Oscar®-nominated costume designer Judianna Makovsky (“The Hunger Games,” “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone”).

http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=102580

InterestingLurker likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    They may just be speculating because Mary Jo Markey has regularly worked with J.J. Abrams (I believe she has edited all of his films but I could be wrong.) I would think it's a high probablity that she'll be involved but I don't know if it has been confirmed yet.

6. HanJones

Nov 26, 2002
    This is an official press release from Disney / Marvel, so I think they wouldn't have to speculate what someone may or may not be doing for Disney / Lucasfilm.

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  7. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Yeah you're right. My apologies. :)

8. HanJones

Nov 26, 2002
    No big deal. But that is fairly exciting news to know that they have already progressed to this staffing level for the film.

9. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    It's good to see they haven't changed their mind about making the movie. I was beginning to wonder! :)

10. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I just realized something. We won't be seeing the Disney logo on the film. Probably it will have the Touchstone logo, as that is the non-G-rated division of Disney.

11. jasman

jasman Administrator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 29, 1998
    I just realized something. We won't be seeing the Disney logo on the film. Probably it will have the Touchstone logo, as that is the non-G-rated division of Disney.

12. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    Yep. Just like with Tron.
    [​IMG]

DarthBoba likes this.
  13. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012

Actually, I'm betting you anything we won't see that either. We never get one with Marvel - so I guess it depends on the type of movie they're about to put it in front of. I'm betting it will be Bad Robot and then LucasFilm.

14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    But isn't the lack of one on the Marvel movies more to do with some existing distribution deal with Paramount? I'd expect Disney to make a SW-specific version of the castle logo, like the Tron example above. I think Pirates of the Caribbean has its own version of the Disney logo too, and that's not rated G either. There are other examples too.

I'd prefer not to see the Bad Robot thing, but maybe it has to come with JJ Abrams. But as long as "LucasFilm" is followed directly by "A long time ago in a galaxy far far away....", I'll be happy.

15. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    That makes sense, SW-specific Disney Logo, followed by Bad Robot, then Lucasfilm logo, then "A long time ago ..."

eht13 likes this.
  16. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Yup. And I also hope that they continue the tradition from the previous SW films of having no opening credits onscreen (no director, producer, lead actors, etc.).

17. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    You'd be hard pressed to find a movie that does that these days.

18. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    You mean hard pressed to find a movie that excludes that info at the beginning like SW always has, or that all movies now exclude that info anyway? I feel like I still see examples of both. If I recall correctly, the Nolan Batman films are the most extreme, not even showing the name of the movie until the end...

DarthBoba likes this.
  19. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Prometheus, maybe? Not sure if that had opening credits beyond the title.

20. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Maybe, I haven't seen Prometheus yet. But I still think that there are examples of both types of movies being released these days... with and without opening credits.

21. DarthBoba

DarthBoba Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 29, 2000
    Oh, sure. Lawless had opening credits.

22. EHT

Sep 13, 2007
    Right, so both ways do happen. And we're left wondering what KED12345 meant. :p

DarthBoba likes this.
  23. KED12345

Sep 10, 2012
    Good to see the quality of fan films have improved since I last saw them.

I meant that it's hard to find many movies that have the "Title>Actors>Director" deal in the beginning of the movie. Most movies just have the title in the beginning and that's it.

24. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Mickey Mouse as Darth Vader is officially awesome

IMO that is definitly an impressive fan film

25. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
    I found a few old Hyperspace webcam pictures I had, from a day of filming Mustafar scenes.

George watching his monitors:
    [​IMG]

Anakin and Padme:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

John Knoll:
    [​IMG]

I think John Knoll showing us his laptop:
    [​IMG]

C-3PO:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]