main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
  2. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
  3. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
  4. Axle-Starweilder

Axle-Starweilder Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jan 6, 2005
  5. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    Holy cluster**** Batman!

6. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    So, Arndt's Oblivion isn't gaining much positive press. (He's listed as one of several screenplay writers, though, so I'm not sure how much power he had.) I'm a fan of both Toy Story 3 and Little Miss Sunshine, but am a little concerned with many of the reviews saying that it is poorly written romance *and* poorly written sci-fi...

7. Darth_Zidious

Darth_Zidious Force Ghost star 5

Dec 3, 2001
  8. Diggs

Diggs Jedi Master star 4

Oct 31, 2012
    Arndt was one of the credited writers, though how much the blame for the mixed reviews can be placed on him is debatable.

9. poundpuppy29

poundpuppy29 Jedi Master star 1

Jul 3, 2007
    I really can't wait for this movie

10. Darth_Quintonis

Darth_Quintonis Jedi Padawan star 1

Mar 31, 2013
    InterestingLurker likes this.
  11. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    I hope she's thinking Hyperspace Webcam. :D

But I doubt J.J. would ever do that.

12. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm seeing Oblivion hopefully Tuesday night!!

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  13. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    So I'm guessing that the overall reception to SW7 will be similar to Star Trek 2009 *since this is JJ we're dealing with. Now this is assuming the film is good* so it might be like this: Critics and audiences will praise the new cast's acting *the OT cast is up for debate as of now*, the visuals, action and pure emotions but the major critisism will be of the story *like saying its a copy of another story, or whateves* and for not having the greatest of villains *most likely due to the fact that its hard to live up to the Vader legacy* . General audiences will probably love it but fans will be definitly be split *look at the star trek fans for reference*. I also see some controversy over the inevitable twist *most likely being either a OT character death *which BTW...JJ Abrams is not afraid to kill off classic things so the OT cast aren't safe cause they're famous* Or the reveal of one character to actually be another. The film will totally make tons of money and we'll see soo many toys that we'll be flooded with them.

Just my prediction based off JJ's film past.

14. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    She said more forthcoming... there wasn't much less forthcoming than Hyperspace... although, Star Wars Insider attempted to give it a run for its our money.

15. Big Bad Yoda Daddy

Big Bad Yoda Daddy Force Ghost star 4

Mar 8, 2000
    Unfortunately, I thought it was just okay. Well made, but almost completely forgettable.

16. I Are The Internets

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm probably seeing it next week.

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I thought it was really wonderful. I was worried going in but I'm really happy I saw it in theaters.

18. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Ooh, nice new avatar. :)

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  19. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks. :) Old one was boring me and I thought this picture was awesome!

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  20. jeditobegurued

jeditobegurued Jedi Master

Dec 20, 2003
    ILM to Pact With China’s Base FX
    http://variety.com/2013/film/news/ilm-to-pact-with-chinas-base-fx-1200383782/

]http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/lucasfilm-president-talks-china-deals-443625
    I knew this was coming!!

http://www.base-fx.com/

21. Darth_Zidious

Dec 3, 2001
    Cheap Chinese labor. Good luck getting a good job in this country (USA).

22. KED12345

KED12345 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 10, 2012
    Harsh words from Joss Whedon regarding Episode VII having Ford, Fisher and Hamill.

I guess I'm the only one who paid attention when Hamill said "they're [Disney] talking to us," while also saying that "if we cannot return, they'll write us out." That means if they can just be "written out," that they're secondary characters. Think of Leonard Nimoy in Star Trek 2009.

23. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    For some reason I kinda agree to an extent. I mean no way will it be exactly the same and people memories will probably change cause seeing your childhood icons well...not beautiful and active like they used to be..might be a bit eye opening for some. The harsh realizations that characters age *sometimes some more gracefully than others* might be diffucult for some to accept especially when we want to see them being all ass-kicking, and such. If done well, seeing them back could definitly be something magical and nostalgic, if not then it could just leave us wishing for the old days again and getting depressed over the fact that there is no way we can fully reclaim our childhoods. They really need to get this right because if they mess it up, then well...the internet might break.

24. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Agreed, the return of the Big Three could be great, but it is NOT automatically a great thing the way many seem to assume it will be. In other words, they need to be very careful to do this right with them in there; it makes the entire exercise a greater gamble, which is ironic because many seem to think (hopefully not Disney and LFL) that having them in there makes it less of a gamble and more of a "sure thing". So I think there is something to what Whedon is saying there, albeit a bit harshly... but I also agree with KED12345 that it really seems to be the case that they will have secondary roles, and that should lessen the risk. And all in all, I am optimistic that great care is being taken with all of this.

Darth Claire likes this.
  25. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Sad thing is that while that might happen....I have this feeling that some fans wont like the reality of that. Sure they say they want them as supporting, but I worry some might not like the reality of seeing your childhood characters pushed aside for new people. Main roles and supporting roles are definitly risks. Main cause if they come off as people trying desperatly to be like the past/just can't give good performances/unable to garner in the younger audiences who dont know/care that they are from the original trilogy then your trilogy is skrewed. but if they are supporting then some fans/audiences will be pissed off that the OT cast aren't the center of this new story/action like they wanted *I can definitly see a complaint being "I dont care about who these new kids are...I just want my old ones!". Both have risks and is going to be a hard thing to pull off especially if lets say your OT actors can't pull off the things we want them to be/do.