main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Official Info Here we go again...

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Grimby , Oct 30, 2012.

1. Darth Claire

Darth Claire Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2012
    Schmoesknow

2. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Maybe it will be this: the ST is in fact a film version of The George Lucas Companion by Howard Maxwell*.

No "Lucas-bashers" will go see it.

*I own the book.

3. Darth Chiznuk

Darth Chiznuk Superninja of Future Films star 8 Staff Member Manager

Oct 31, 2012
    Thanks. :) I've never heard of them but I hope they have something good. So is that Pacific Standard Time because that would make it 2:00 am where I am and that would be way past my bedtime. :(:p

darthzac14 likes this.
  4. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Yeah thats way late for me. Plus I wont be able to handle the emotional trauma. Star Wars news and the MOS reviews soon to come at the same time. I might be an emotional wreck *either from sheer joy or from disappointment or a horrid mixture of disappointment and happiness*

Darth Chiznuk likes this.
  5. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Not saying this means anything but someone over at IMDb has stated that a "game changing" casting announcement is supposed to be released tonight. As usual I'll take anything I hear with a giant grain of salt but the next few hours should at least be interesting. :p

6. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    Grain of salt taken. But I like the word "Game changing". It sounds like something we can talk about for a while. I do hope we talk about it and its not like "Oh yeah this guy just got cast....thats nice...now back onto whats important...Will Ewoks be in this movie?" ;)

7. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    It will be game changing like "Anthony Daniels will appear as C3PO" and we can all add a post to our counts by saying "That's wonderful" or "Duh" and then move on...

8. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    [face_laugh] Yeah, that thread is all the evidence anyone needs to tell we've run out of things to talk about. I hope whatever this announcement is it's at least interesting enough for us to discuss for more than a few days before the inevitable "Ice Cream Maker Guy in the ST" thread pops up.

Darth Claire likes this.
  9. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    That thread already popped up. I started it.

anakinfansince1983 and eht13 like this.
  10. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    Darn, there goes another topic then. :p

11. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    So far, nothin' on IMDB....

12. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012
    You know what would be 'game changing' would be a release of the names of the principal cast, not just say 'Mark Hamill, Carrie Fischer, and Harrison Ford will reprise their roles as Luke, Leia, and Han Solo'. I mean the big three are great and all, but they're in supporting roles for this. I want to know the new people!

13. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    If by "game-changing" you mean "abso-smurfin'-lutely nothing," then we haz a winar [face_party]

anakinfansince1983 and eht13 like this.
  14. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    Seriously, "big announcements" being made online at midnight PST? "Someone" at IMDb? Come on, guys. :p

15. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012
    Ohh come on, you know the information about filming in London starting January 2014 was pretty exciting, who would have guessed it would start that soon since it is scheduled for release 2015!!!![face_rofl]

16. Darth Claire

Dec 21, 2012
    I KNOW RIGHT! I never would have guesssed. I thought they would film two years in advance so that obviously means we have to push it back to 2016 in order to say we filmed two years in advance. *sarcasm*

17. Darth Chiznuk

Oct 31, 2012
    I believe he was talking about the scoop from schmoesknow.com and I only posted what he said because he said their scoop was supposed to be a "game changer" (which it obviously wasn't [face_sick]). I probably should have clarified what I meant but I was tired. :p

18. Darth smaug

Darth smaug Jedi Youngling

Jun 11, 2013
    This film need to be targeted at the general audience first and foremost and ignore Lucas bashers

19. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    Hey! I know you! You're banned! And, now again for good measure...

20. Dhammer1

Dhammer1 Jedi Padawan

Nov 12, 2012

Well here is the video from the Schmoes on you tube giving us the anticipated, maybe, who knows story line of episode VII will take.

21. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    The report from Moriarty, unfortunately for some fans, has a lot more clout.

22. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    "Maybe we can handle the way Anakin was handled poorly in the prequels - maybe we can handle the turn to the dark side better this way. Maybe that's why they're gonna do it."

*Yawn*

Yes I can imagine Lucas turning up with his idea for the ST and pitching it to Disney along the lines of "Well here's the big idea guys! I want to do a rehash of the story I told before... because lets face it, I messed it up so badly the last time"

This is the biggest pile of invented garbage since I don't know when.

And by the way guys, your opinion of how Anakin's turn to the dark side was "handled" is no fact. There are plenty of us, like myself, who absolutely adore the way the turn was portrayed on screen.

23. EHT

EHT Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 13, 2007
    I was also totally fine with how Anakin's turn was portrayed on screen.

24. A Chorus of Disapproval

Aug 19, 2003
    I, as well. If 10-11 year old me could suddenly buy into Luke being Leia's sister after their zany interactions in the 2 preceding films, I didn't need too much of a salespitch from the same film series for Anakin's turn as an adult.

25. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    I think it could've been done better, but by no means do I want a rehash of it or think it's as bad as people make it out to be.