main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Cincin, OH Here we go people... Celebration IV

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Exalted_1, May 26, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Exalted_1

Exalted_1 Jedi Master star 3

May 17, 2002
    It's in L.A. Memorial Day weekend 2007

Thursday to Monday!

I'm going to start saving now, $10 a week might be just enough to do it, but I'm probably going a little hardcore. ;)

Here's the official link:

Star Wars Celebration IV official news

The possibility of group rates making things less expensive all around would make the "pilgrimage" less taxing.

Any thoughts?

2. star-killer1

star-killer1 Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 7, 2005
    If we could get enough people could we charter a plane?
    Would this be cheaper?
    I'm not thinking anything extravagant, just comfortable.

3. DARTHAUDITOR

DARTHAUDITOR Jedi Master star 2

Jan 10, 2003
    DarthSkywalker,

If you are game, I can call Brandon and we can setup a road trip to LA next summer.

Peace,

Neil

4. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    Sorry the cost is too much to go to LA. Figure double or triple going rates on hotels compared to here and about $700 just to fly there. Plus cost of living"i.e. Food at rest., snacks etc" is double or triple. So figure on spending a couple K. I think they will have a low attendance this time do to it being on the west coast, instead of being a central location. It should have been in St. Louis or Kansas City or something. For those going. Have Fun!

5. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    actually the hotel prices are comparable to Indy. from what I've seen and heard

6. maramijade

maramijade Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 17, 2000
    would love to go, but I must agree with Brian, it would end up being too expensive for me, and not just monetarily

I'm still technically in school during that week and geting off from classes.

Also Mar Con is in Columbus that weekend. . . (went there this last weekend) and I can work on homework, and only drive 2hrs to get there. . . plus. . . it's their 42nd year (YES a SciFi Con at Year 42. . . ) and Timothy Zhan is their Toastmaster. . .

7. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    Yeah, I would love to go also, but its really bad timing for me. Next year is my last year at UC before I graduate and that weekend is the weekend right before the last week of class. So thats really bad timing. Also I was planning on backpacking Europe next summer after I graduate. So the question arises, Should I spend my saved up money for C4 or Dublin, London, Amsterdam, or any other European cities? Europe all the way.

8. Brian5475E

Brian5475E Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2002
    Wise choice. I would take Europe over that.

9. star-killer1

Jun 7, 2005
    You could give it all to me and I could tell you how CIV was.:D

10. Qui-Gon_Ludo

Qui-Gon_Ludo Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 8, 2002
    Mike, are you insane? Europe over C IV? [face_hypnotized]

I'll give to you, Dublin is awesome (lived there and was there on vacation with Angel last month), but Amsterdam and London (lived there too)? [face_sick]
    Oh well, we still have a year to change your mind! ;)

11. DarthSkywalker360

DarthSkywalker360 Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 21, 2002
    haha, we'll see.

12. Lady_Lucas

Lady_Lucas Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2002
    Ludo's right...you can always go to Europe but there will only be "one" 30 year anniversary celebration. :D

....although Ireland is one of the most beautiful & fun places to visit in the world!!![face_good_luck] [face_good_luck]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.