main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Here We Go, Steelers, Here We Go

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 5, 2007.

1. MandaloreYak

MandaloreYak Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 29, 2004
    Honestly, Joey Porter was better on the mic. Harrison will never have an epic line like "I know yall went em to win, but dont take it from us!"

We need an all-mic team. Shockey gets on that. "Outplayed, and outcoached. Write that one down."

2. darthtenbiscuits

darthtenbiscuits Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 7, 2001
    Big Ben has been reeming the Eagles "Dream Team" defense. I know it's only preseason, but... lol.

3. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Steelers signed Troy through 2014. I'm glad that they got it over with. The last guy that they have to focus on for a long-term contract is Mike Wallace.

4. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Saw that on Twitter. Hoping Tomlin/Lebeau this year can get some schemes going to play Troy less during the regular season and save more of him for the playoffs.

5. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, that would be clutch.

6. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Looks like the Rat Birds are going to win their own personal Super Bowl. From the way they talked, beating Pittsburgh/Ben might be more important to some of these guys than the actual Super Bowl.

That's fine. They can get their win. And do their taunting. But there's 15 more games to play, and Flacco is still yet to win anything that actually comes with a banner.

7. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    A horrible game, no doubt, but just one game. I'm glad I'm not in the plane or on the bus with Coach Tomlin right now, though.

I really think that the refs mishandled the game...there's no way that there should have been 1 penalty after the brawl (or whatever people are calling it) involving Taylor. It was really chippy before that, too. These teams can't stand each other. Refs have to try to control that and keep them on a shorter leash.

8. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I'm pissed off at the who team effort. Ray Rice got to run all over us, the offense was sloppy, and Tomlin kept Ben in for what reason? To try to get him injured?

Better show up and win week two.

9. Raven

Raven Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 5, 1998

Perfect way to start the season!

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Home opener today. My parents are at the game. Should be great weather-wise, and it'd look like the Steelers have a good bounce back team in Seattle.

11. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Not a good start. Love the YAC by Emmanuel Sanders, but beyond that a poor opening drive. First and goal at the one: zero points, two lost timeouts, and a lost challenge.

Great.

12. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Looking much better now...Mendenhall was able to cross the goalline this time. D looks solid so far.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Much better this week. up 24-0. Let's just run the rest of the game. I don't want to see Ben take any chances or any hits. hand the ball or, or if you must throw, quick drops and throws ... nothing with a chance for a big hit on Ben. Heck, at this point, I'd be good putting Batch in for the 4th quarter with Ben already getting hit hard earlier in the game.

14. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I agree I don't ant to see Ben out there the rest of the game. No need to chance it.

15. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Nice win today after last weeks craptastical performance.

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep. The shutout was really nice, and so were the 5 sacks.

17. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    I believe that makes it a combined 45-0 for Pittsburgh in two combined games against Seattle since Super Bowl XL.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Mike Wallace = :D

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I went to Walmart here before the game to get some snacks and I saw 6 different people with Steelers gear on. I got pretty pumped since I live in Salt Lake City.

Boy is Wallace a beast or what, he is incredibly fast.

20. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I am *crushed* that the local CBS station is showing golf highlights instead of Steelers-Cards.

21. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Wow, that's just silly.

I got to listen and watch parts of the game. Sounds like there were brilliant plays (like Mike Wallace), but the o-line needs to be much better. Same for Farrior.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I found a stream of the game online, usually the only way I can watch the Steelers since I can't get Direct Tv here at this apartment.

23. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Huge game today, could be a season breaker for the black and gold.

24. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'm not expecting much. For whatever reason, the Pats are just in the Steelers' collective heads. I was at last years game, and it wasn't pretty.

25. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    So far so good!