main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Here We Go, Steelers, Here We Go

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 5, 2007.

1. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep, definitely!

2. Nevermind

Nevermind Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 14, 2001
    Not a fan of anything Boston...

3. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That was an unexpected, but very pleasant result.

4. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    :D

That is all.

5. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    We need a like button.

6. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It's Ravens week! :D

I'm going to Sunday's game. Can't wait! [face_dancing]

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Bring us home a win tomorrow. I read on the pg that Harrison could actually play tomorrow.

8. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'll do my best.

Yeah, I've heard that Harrison could play, too. That'd be great, if he's not going to injure his eye socket more next time he gets a hands to the face.

9. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Must win game. Not for standings or anything - but for my mental health.

I hope Pittsburgh takes a HUGE first half lead, and then shows class by running the ball and killing the clock in the second half.

10. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Even with a large halftime lead, this year's team wouldn't run. They'd probably use the short passing game, but find a way to almost loose the game, but still hang on. :p

11. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Ugh - we don't get NBC here, and my "borrowed" wi-fi connection won't support the game, so I'm stuck getting text updates. Doesn't sound too good at the moment.

12. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
  13. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    [face_plain]

8 seconds.

Anyway, the defense gave up too many 3rd down plays...14, I think. Second half was much more exciting than the first. The stadium was really rocking until those last 8 seconds.

14. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I was anticipating a defensive stand during that final drive. That was the time when the Big Play would have been made. I cannot help but think that there would have been a different outcome if we had had our full pass rush healthy.

:(

I take solace in that there's still a half season left to play including both Cincy and the Browns, so the AFC North is still within our grasp. But still...

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah ... there's winning a division or wild card ... and then there's beating the Ravens. And, unless we win the Super Bowl, this season is going to feel somewhat empty, since we didn't beat the Ravens.

16. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yep. :(

I'm just glad that we don't have any Ravens fans who regularly post in The Arena. :p

17. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Huge match up today with Cincinnati. Any real shot of claiming the divisional title starts today.

18. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Division and Wild Card. WC hopes go down a big notch if we lose to the Bengals today. Not only for head-to-head, but conference record being a tiebreaker.

19. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Big big big big win.

20. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    The Ravens loss helps, too.

21. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yup. A day the division goes 1-3 and you're the one is a good day.

I think we should want Cincy to win next week against Baltimore. Much less concerned with the Bengals staying legit than with the Ravens. And, if everyone ends with 2 division losses because the Bengals sweep Baltimore and Pittsburgh sweeps Cincy (with everyone beating the Browns), it creates a possibility of the Ravens not really having a tiebreaker over the Steelers (with a three-way tie - quite possible).

All said, though - I don't think wrapping up a wild card is going to be too tough this year. The loser of tonight's game drops to 5-4, alongside the Bills and Titans. That puts Pittsburgh up two wins on anyone for a WC spot, and puts the Bengals and Ravens a game up as well. It's not unthinkable that the AFC North sends three teams to the playoffs this year. And, this is a year when it wouldn't be all that bad to get that five-seed. The AFC West champ in the first round and ... Houston? ... in the divisional round is a fairly easy path to the AFC Title game.

22. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Roethlisberger fractured his throwing hand thumb. With the bye weak he said he will not miss any games. I wouldn't think so since he is a beast and usually plays through injuries.

23. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    It is the same thumb that he broke before the 2006 Super Bowl run. [face_mischief]

It is good timing for it, I guess, with the bye week and all.

24. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Even with the fracture, this could be his healthiest season as a pro. :p

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Inty, why would you bring that up? He's liable to have a horrific injury in practice now! [face_shame_on_you] :p