main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Arena Here We Go, Steelers, Here We Go

Discussion in 'Community' started by DarthIntegral, Sep 5, 2007.

1. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Big, big game today. Need to win to keep pace with any hope for the division title, and need to win to continue to control our destiny for the #4 seed. Perhaps most importantly, we need to win to shut up my Bengal friends back in Ohio who will no doubt be all over my Facebook page if we lose.

I'll be at work, so I can't watch the game, but it should be fun.

2. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    I actually get to watch this one!

Steelers need to close the Bengals out if they have the opportunity. Don't let them back in.

3. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    Huge false start!

Edit: Which led to a blocked field goal [face_dancing]

4. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Alright, now it's time for Part 2. Don't let the Bengals back in the game...

5. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Yeah, I'm watching as well. Sky Sports is showing it here in the UK. Not bad so far!

6. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    That's how you do!

Solid win today by the Steelers.

It was discouraging to see Woodley back on the sidelines, so soon, though.

7. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Great game, the Steeler's were working on all cylinders. The game was so out of hand that CBS changed games in the 3rd quarter.

8. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    Nice win. Love Cameron Heyward. Love him. Antonio Brown, too.

9. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Yes - huge props to both of them. All around good game from the special teams.

10. IntyMobile

IntyMobile Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 22, 2009
    Browns tonight. Watching at b-dubs. Better win. Big. And not just because Mrs inty is a Browns fan.

11. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    Stuffed! LOL

12. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    I'm becoming convinced that #7 is in fact a T-800 unit.

13. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Don't love the play calling, but I do love the fact they went for the win on 4th and goal.

Two things irked me about it:

1) If you are going to run four times at the goal, put in your goal line back (Redman)
    2) If you are a team who has their best offensive weapons in the passing game (Wallace, Brown, Miller, Ward) you have to at least pass once, right?

I do feel kind of bad for Joe Haden - twice in three weeks he gets burned on a game clinching catch by a rival - last night against Brown and against Cincy it was Green.

14. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000

[face_laugh]

Is that enough reason to officially start the Fire Bruce Arians campaign this year? It feels so strange not to regularly say those words.

15. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Yeah - it's odd. I've got little beef with Arians this year. Although, we should credit the front office for that, as they've built a team that fits with what Arians wants to do on offense.

16. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    I had to work last night by caught most of the game on my phone. Ben is a beast, seriously this guy will have to have a leg falling off to keep him off the field.

17. Quixotic-Sith

Quixotic-Sith Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 22, 2001
    I have to go administer an exam, but I am *so* playing with photoshop afterwards.

EDIT:

Five minutes in Photoshop.

[image=http://a2.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/s320x320/383873_2261417982965_1473925694_31882144_748864485_n.jpg]

18. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    Nice start, Quix. The man, the myth, the machine.

19. DarthCane

DarthCane Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 30, 2002
    Trust me, after having lived away from the 'Burgh for ten years, I'm willing to cut Arians some slack. The times he gets too clever by far are acceptable compared to some of the shambling franchises out there that consider going 8-8 in the season to be a high point.

Poster. STAT. [face_skull]

20. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Officially in the playoffs thanks to the Colts beating the Titans.

Hope we can get a win from the Chargers tonight. Probably the best bet for a Ravens' loss this year, which is needed to get the division.

21. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    I'd love for the Chargers to continue on one of their patented late-season surges against the Ravens.

22. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, the door is open to win the division, get the bye, and get home field.

23. DarthIntegral

Jul 13, 2005
    Well, not a good first quarter. Bad Ben seems to be playing tonight. Two first quarter picks, and only the fact that the Niners crapped the bed inside the five kept them out of the end zone.

We might need a defensive score to win tonight ...

24. darthcaedus1138

darthcaedus1138 Force Ghost star 5

Oct 13, 2007
    49ers are looking too good. They're playing how the Steelers should be dammit.

25. Darth McClain

Feb 5, 2000
    We going to have any more power outages tonight? :p

Steelers need to play much better in the second half. No more turnovers. Ben's not looking good out there.