main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Here With Me (JA)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Ginger_Jedi, Aug 26, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ginger_Jedi

Ginger_Jedi Jedi Knight star 6

Jun 4, 2001
    OK, I put this together late last night for NO reason other than to write something that was nothing but fluff! This is Non-Slash so if that?s not your thing, go back now. It also probably sucks seeing as I threw it all together within the space of an hour.

Obi and Qui, despite constant e-mails from me, still belong to the one and only George Lucas. *Sniff* *sob*

Obi is 13 in this.

Spoilers: for JA6 and 7.

//Talking over a bond//

Archive: If you want it e-mail me!!

Dedicated, forever, to the wonderful people and friends who read and feedback positive words. And of course, Dara, Tessa, Jess and Laura my close friends and fellow authors.

May the Force be with you all?always.

*Here with me*

Jedi Master Qui-Gon Jinn sat on his bed in his own room in the Jedi Temple, his back leaning up against the wall of his bedroom. In his arms he held a very precious bundle. It was his fast asleep apprentice Obi-Wan Kenobi.

The boy was just recovering from a nasty bug that had been going around many of the youngsters in the Temple. For two days straight the young boy had suffered from terrible sickness, a high fever and a severe headache. On the third day the fever had finally broken but Qui-Gon wasn?t ready to release Obi-Wan just yet. The boy had been sick and it was the first time he had been sick since becoming Qui-Gon?s Padawan Learner and Qui-Gon admitted it had worried him more than he expected it would. Qui-Gon thought back over the past two days.

After tending to Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon had come to realise how special Obi-Wan was to him. The boy had tried valiantly to hide his sickness from Qui-Gon as they had been due to go on a mission but on the morning they were supposed to leave, Obi-Wan had become strangely quiet and had been unable to leave the ?fresher after rushing there just before they were walking out the door. Hearing Obi-Wan retching, Qui-Gon had gone into the refresher and found his Padawan throwing up. Qui-Gon had sat with the boy, mopping his sweaty brow as Obi-Wan waited for his stomach to heave again.

And for the first time in a? well, the first time ever really, Qui-Gon gave Obi-Wan a look into Qui-Gon?s youth. Qui-Gon only wanted to take Obi-Wan?s mind off everything so he began to tell Obi-Wan tales of his own youth and of what it was like being sick and under the care of Master Yoda. But laughing soon made Obi-Wan feel worse and Qui-Gon decided to read to the boy instead.

Obi-Wan had fallen asleep leaning on the ?fresher so Qui-Gon used the time to clean Obi-Wan up a little. As gently as he could, Qui-Gon changed Obi-Wan into his baggy sleep clothes and placed a cool cloth on the boy?s burning forehead.

Qui-Gon?s legs had started to seize up so he lifted Obi-Wan up and carried the sleeping boy into the main chamber of their apartment and settled him down on the sofa. Qui-Gon had gone to make himself some coffee when Obi-Wan started to mumble deliriously in his sleep. Qui-Gon listened on as Obi-Wan called out heartbrokenly for his lost friend Cerasi as he dreamt of her. Qui-Gon had awoken the boy, only to get covered in vomit.

Obi-Wan had instantly apologised but Qui-Gon silenced him, placing one large finger on the boy?s lips. ?Hush Obi-Wan,? the Master soothed. ?It?s not your fault that you?re sick.? Qui-Gon took the boy?s temperature and found that the fever had risen. ?I think we?d better get you down to the healers.?

?No Master please no!? Obi-Wan begged. ?I don?t want to go. Please??

Qui-Gon hadn?t agreed at first but when Obi-Wan grasped his Master?s large hand in his two small, sweaty ones, Qui-Gon gave in. No, moving the boy now wouldn?t be fun for either of them and Qui-Gon had no wish to drag the sick boy through the Temple.

Qui-Gon wiped Obi-Wan?s face then cleaned himself up. When he went back to Obi-Wan, this time he was ready for the boy?s unexpected projectile vomiting; Qui-Gon came armed with a bowl and a washing up cloth.

The next day started of the same. Ob

2. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    More Fluff?
    Yes please Ginger! That story was cute and Funny and Nice all at the same time and loved it. I think that a sequel would e a great idea. Maybe this time Qui will get sick and it will the roles reversed?

3. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Thanks Cow_Girl!!! Your feedback was most welcome! :D

I shall write more fluff but I'm not so sure about a sequel...

4. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    that wasn't fluf that was mush and mush can be very very good sometimes.... soooo mush away!

5. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    Mush...

Mush is good...

:)

Thanks Kaylla!

6. Cheryl_Kenobi

Cheryl_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2001
    :_| that was so sweet *sniff* anybody have a hankie?

7. jedi_master_gimpy

jedi_master_gimpy Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2000
    That was beautiful, Ginger! :_| You did a wonderful job writing fluff, please FEEL FREE to share more of it with us! ;)

I had tears in my eyes by the end, that was so sweet! I loved how Qui-Gon carried him with him everywhere he went so Obi-Wan wouldn't wake up. :)

8. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    aaawwww!!! That was so so cute and sweet! *silly grin* :D

9. ThatJediGirl

ThatJediGirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Awwwwww [face_love] You gotta love their Master/Padawan bond!

10. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jedi_Laura_Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Jul 23, 2001
    Awwwwwwwwwwww....... Ginger, I know I told you this before, but I have to say it again:

THIS IS GREAT!!!!!!!

And if the fluff path dominates your destiny, I know I won't be dissapointed! ;)

I'm glad you decided to post this... your stories are excellent, my friend!

Keep up the wonderful work - and post soon on SN! LOL! :D

11. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
  12. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001
    *runs after Laura*

Blimey girl you are too kind, upping all my fics like this... :D

*hugs*

13. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    *hugs back to Ginger*

See, they're just so good I have to make sure any new people can find them (of I guess some 'old' people who just somehow missed them the first time...)!!!!

:D

14. Ginger_Jedi

Jun 4, 2001

Thanks Laura [face_blush]

15. Kaylla_Norn_II

Kaylla_Norn_II Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 4, 2001
    was in the mood for some good mush... or fluf if you insist... and sooo I reread and reinjoyed this one.

more please.

<giggle>

16. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    You're welcome, sis! :D

*continues on another one of her Up-ing sprees...*

17. Jedi_Laura_Kenobi

Jul 23, 2001
    UP UP UP!!!!!!