Here Yee! Here Yee! All members of Rhode Squadron, report in! PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Providence, RI' started by DarthMoby, Apr 23, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Members of Rhode Squadron, Boston Rebels, Foxboro Syndicate, Star Wars fans from CT NH VT and ME, citizens of Rhode Island, I I seek your audience. I seek your audience to ask for your help. I ask for your help so that we may remake and rebuild a once thriving Fan Force. I ask for your help in rebuilding and revitalizing The Star Wars Fan Force in Providence.

Let me tell you a little story............

Providence, or Rhode Squadron it is better known, was a small but robust Fan Force. Started by two wonderful people Idarii ans JediSaralyn, it gave a haven for those fans in Rhode Island who could not make it in Boston. At its inception, Idarii was elected as Rhode Squadron's first Chapter Rep and for two years she faithfully served as its stongheaded leader. In that time, made connections friends with Sci-fi club of Rhode Island and amassed a small but deadicated group. Several members of another Star Wars Fan Force, The Boston Rebels, chose to become duel citizens, both of Boston and their new home in Providence. And for a time, everything and everyone rejoiced in the greatness of Rhode Squadron.

Good times, it seemed, were not in store for Rhode Squadron. After two years of leadership, Idarii decided to step down and head to different pastures. An election was held between JediSaralyn and DarthMoby, a member who had migrated from the Boston Rebels because he liked the small feel of Rhode Squadron. In a close election, DarthMoby emerged the victor and has been the Chapter Rep through presnt day.

DarthMoby would like to say his time as Chapter Rep has been full of luck and success. Sadly, nothing could be further from the truth. Early on in DarthMoby's time in office, he saw a disturbing trend. There were more duel members of Rhode Squadron then actual members. This worried him. Members had moved on to different aspects of their life. He knew that duel members may go back to their home Fan Force at anytime. What worried him even more was the pending graduation of two members and the disappearence of his opponent in the recent election. This with the expected downturn in interest after the release of Episode III, had DarthMoby worried about the future of Rhode Squadron.

Sadly, DarthMoby did not see the real life issues that were about to unfold in his personal life. DarthMoby began trying to reshape and remold Rhode Squadron to better prepare it for the future. Foolishly, he set about these tasks mostly on his own. So much responsibility he felt to succeed, he lost the big picture. Add in his mounting personal life issues, he became lost, unable to steer the ship through what was to become the roughest waters ever seen by this young Fan Force.

Too proud he was a t times to ask for help. And finally when he did, there were lots of volenteers, but not much in the way of action. DarthMoby truely feared for the future of Rhode Sqaudron. The vessel that was that fan group managed to hang on through a long summer, but could not muster the strength to continue after cresting the last wave in August of '05.

Whoosh! This swamping of the vessel was quick. Every member with a brain jumped into a lifeboat and got off the sinking wreck. DarthMoby, embarrassed and ashamed of what had happened to a once proud group, silently went down with his ship to disappear forever.

Things are quiet now in Providence. Rhode Squadron is but a memory. It exists in name only. No vessel to sail anymore. As for DarthMoby, he did not perish with the ship as one may have suspected. He ended up washed ashore a small island. After months of isolation, he was found and has returned in hopes to rebuild what has been washed away by apathy and neglect. Yes, DarthMoby is back, and he would like to see Rhode Squadron come back. But he know, as well as you do, in order for that to happen he needs all your help. Will it happen. Thats the part of the story you get to write. DarthMoby hopes it has a happy ending.

So.....

Anyhow, after 8 month hiatus, I am back. I would like to appoliguise for my absence. I have no excuse and will mak
  2. DarthMoby Jedi Master

star 4
    Reporting for duty.....
    1. DarthMoby
  3. chewykingwookie Jedi Master

star 4
    The Wookie king from MA is reporting in. lol
  4. Jeffbacca Jedi Knight

star 3
    I'm here, and would like no other then Darth Moby to sail this ship.
  5. Wildstar02301 Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know if you can count me, since I'm usually only around for joint meets, but I'm here nonetheless. :D
  6. DarthLucanas Jedi Master

star 4
    [Mace] That is for the Squadron to decide [/Mace]

[Palpatine] We are the Squadron!!! [/Palpatine]

Welcome back Ed!!! [face_dancing]

No apologies needed. [:D]

I have been waiting for this so let's get this puppy rolling!!!!

Count me in too brother!!!
  7. Sara Skywalker Force Ghost

star 3
    I'd be up for hanging out sometime in the future.

I honestly didn't know that you were gone for months, but welcome back!
  8. idarii Jedi Master

star 4
    truly that was a touching soliloquy!!!

*gasp* idarii's posting on the board!

there are two people who will be beaming with pride (or is it wincing in pain?) at this post...

EDIT: "strongheaded leader"??? are you saying i'm a stubborn little gal, moby?? :p
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.