main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Here's a few bits of concept art from Season 2! (Spoilers!!!!)

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by burngis12, Mar 2, 2015.

1. burngis12

burngis12 Jedi Youngling

Jan 29, 2015
    Umm..well it's really just a couple pieces of concept art cut and pasted together just to show the designs of the ship. My point was that that long ship was actually much bigger than the A-Wings.

2. SilentGuy66

SilentGuy66 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 1, 2014
    I imagine in season 2 there will be at least one episode centring around the ghost crew having a rivalry with another rebel cell.

3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Um, no offense, but what part of "REBELS" doesn't suggest that it wouldn't focus on the REBEL Alliance?

4. TheAvengerButton

TheAvengerButton Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 11, 2011
    Yeah, I never thought that the show WOULDN'T focus on the formation of the Rebel Alliance.

Toonimator likes this.
  5. snackynak

snackynak Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 19, 2006
    Yeah, but I think I know the reasoning for using the a-wing, and that's its size. I'm guessing the purpose of the transport is to be a carrier for the a-wings to launch surprise attacks, so they would need a ship that's small enough to fit aboard. Though I suppose if that were the case, they could have just used the ETA interceptor, since they wouldn't really need a hyperdrive.

sarlaccsaurs-rex likes this.
  6. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    Great news! Good to see the concept art continuing to move in the same direction, using McQuarrie's magnificent artwork. This will only keep us die hards happy and draw in new followers as well. Can't wait!

7. Vorax

Vorax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 10, 2014
    That big carrier looks like a Blockade runner crossed with a Republic Star Destroyer.

8. Mother_Talzin

Mother_Talzin Jedi Master star 4

Aug 23, 2014
    [​IMG]

Its just a repainted CW Medical Frigate, guess the Rebels repurposed them.

sarlaccsaurs-rex and Vorax like this.
  9. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012

Image doesn't work - how about this?

[​IMG]

The Pelta class is multi-role - medical frigate, cargo ship, etc:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Pelta-class_frigate

An example of the "cargo" version:

[​IMG]

10. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I know it is just concept but that launch bay looks kind of small....also...would be cool if it opened at both the front and the back so you could launch and recover at the same time.

11. whostheBossk

whostheBossk Force Ghost star 4

Apr 16, 2002
    There really is no need to design something new. Save all of that for the ST or spinoffs not during this time period. As for this time period, they should keep all familiar ships and fighters the same as the OT with slight modifications only. And don't forget the B-Wings, we need to see them in action since they got cut in ROTJ.

12. Luke_Spacewalker

Luke_Spacewalker Jedi Youngling

Mar 13, 2015
    It doesn't surprise me that there reusing some old designs. It fits with the canon. After all the Rebels suppose too be using whatever they can get their hands on. That's why they use Y-wing bombers from the Clone Wars. Also this show does have a smaller budget so reusing old designs is to be expected.

13. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Re-using the designs is great in my book....but I would like to see some "old" designs in the series like the Victory- and Gladiator-class Star Destroyers as well as re-skinning the Venator and tweaking the Imperial to make the Tector-class.

14. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Would like to see Interdictor-class heavy cruisers.

15. stellarmagic01

stellarmagic01 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 1, 2012

Save those for the Season Finale, they're supposed to be rare and they'd take away the rebels ability to escape - so they should be used sparingly in the series.

I'd like to see more Imperial support ships instead of the Gozanti-class for every Imperial Ship below a Star Destroyer in scale, maybe some Star Galleons, Corellian Corvettes in Imperial markings, and so forth.

16. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    Probably why I'd like to see them and why they won't use them,lol. Never know though of course. Corellia is strange, seems to be suppling all the Rebel ships that Bail has amassed so far or even what Hera uses.

17. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    They have worked around that ability in the old EU quite a few times...but I agree they should be used sparingly.

18. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012
    Corellia sells to anyone with credits, don't forget that a huge number of ships used by the Republic (and therefore in Imperial Inventories as well) are of Corellian manufacture. Hell the Gozanti-class Cruisers the Imperials seem to be using all the time are also CEC products.

19. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Could be that the Imperials buy from CEC and the Rebels are buying on the open market....or even stealing them.....officially speaking of course

20. Vorax

Jun 10, 2014
    I suppose the Rebels could be buying civilian versions and doing after market and field conversions to turn them battle vessels. The Empire could be buying direct military spec vehicles from the company which could be exclusive to the empire. The Corporation could be doubling dealing, I think the Corporations where the only ones that emerged unscathed and prospered from both sides during the Clone War from producing and selling military weapons.

shorttrooper and Iron_lord like this.
  21. stellarmagic01

Nov 1, 2012

Sad thing with that is if you look at the RPG performance specs, the 'Military Spec' Gozanti-class is inferior in almost all respects to everything the Rebels have fielded. Only thing going for it is the ability to carry TIEs.

I think the Gozanti is in the inventory because the Empire nationalized the planetary defense forces that the Republic systems had, they are not new production ships. In fact that ship class is so old, you actually see it in The Phantom Menace.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    That former medical frigate doesn't look big enough to carry more than a couple of fighters, anyone know if they're using another ship to function as their carrier?

23. Iron_lord

Iron_lord Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    I could see it holding up to one squadron at least:

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  24. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Squadron of A-Wings is fine ....anything bigger, taller, wider would be an issue....you ain't getting a TIE or a X-Wing thru that hatch.

whostheBossk likes this.
  25. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    It would be nice to see the rebs with some older Republic designs... maybe even an old Acclamator or a few. If they're anything like retired airplanes in real life, they would be dumped in a "boneyard" for years before they got around to fully recycling them. In real life, the boneyards are out in the desert, where the dry arid climate prevents corrosion and deterioration, planes can be parked out there and even without maintenance, they last a long time. In the case of starships, the ideal boneyard wouldn't be on a planetary surface at all, it would be in a designated region of space. Perhaps in a parking orbit around some planet. A rogue planet in interstellar space might be a good choice, both because it's well, well off the beaten track, and also because the lack of a nearby active sun means the ships wouldn't be blasted with radiation and CMEs, thus any maintenance issues that might cause over time wouldn't raise their heads.

But security at such locales is likely to be low. If the Rebels hit such a facility in force, with prize crews ready to bring some ships to life and hyper them out of there... yeah.

An Acclamator could be nice if it were refitted. Designed as troopships initially, they seem like a spaceframe that could pretty much serve a dual use. If one were to use the huge internal spaces devoted to assault ops (troops and equipment) to instead house additional power reactors, it would enable the installation of some dorsal HTLs, plus uprated shielding. The ships could pretty much be turned into pocket star destroyers. And once you had those... if you formed maybe a wolfpack of three or four of them, you'd have a force that could potentially jump an Impstar and put it in a world of hurt. Especially if they caught one shields down, at some refueling base or such like.