main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Here's a possible slip in ANH

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by Lynch69, Jul 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    A couple things my buddy points out, both 3PO related.

1. When he straps himself in the Falcon, he says "I've forgotten how much I hate space travel" from what? 2 days ago? You were just on a ship for god knows how long.

2. When R2 plays the Leia message, 3PO says "she must be someone of importance" or along that line. 20 mins earlier, he says "they'll be no escape for the princess this time" so does he know who she is or not?

I know they don't mean anything, just stuff that's funny at the bar at 2am. But as usual, I like to get the opinions of you experts.

2. solo77

solo77 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 28, 2002
    1. When he straps himself in the Falcon, he says "I've forgotten how much I hate space travel" from what? 2 days ago? You were just on a ship for god knows how long.

Threepio is just complaining like always, it's his personality

2. When R2 plays the Leia message, 3PO says "she must be someone of importance" or along that line. 20 mins earlier, he says "they'll be no escape for the princess this time" so does he know who she is or not?

He knows that there is a Princess on board the ship, he must just not know what she looks like.

3. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    "He knows that there is a Princess on board the ship, he must just not know what she looks like."

I'd have to disagree with that.

4. mr_clark_90

mr_clark_90 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 10, 2005
    solo77 may be right, threepio did know there was a princess on board the tantive4, but didnt actually know what she looked like. he had probably seen her before, but no one ever said "this is the princess" to him

5. -Darth_Pozo-

-Darth_Pozo- Jedi Padawan star 4

May 17, 2004
    I think 3PO was just protecting Leia's identity or something like that...

6. DINVADER99

DINVADER99 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 2, 2004
    Yes Pozo that's how the radio drama said.

7. -Commander_Thigh-

-Commander_Thigh- Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2004
    Threepio is not going to reveal who Leia is. He is programmed not to talk about her.

8. zombie

zombie Jedi Master star 4

Aug 4, 1999
    Although the inconsistency could theoretically be explained, as others have demonstrated, you are correct in noticing this--the line originally was "There'll be no escape for the captain this time," making 3P0's later ignorance on who the princess is consistent; of course when the line was changed to "princess" instead of "captain", his line now seems strange.

9. Lynch69

Lynch69 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 24, 2005
    Ya I know it's not relevant, just funny.

10. Brandon Rhea

Brandon Rhea Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 26, 2004
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.