main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heres a theory for you: Who ever said Anakin fell into a pit of lava?

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith (Non-Spoilers)' started by The_Jedi_Man, May 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tagar

tagar Jedi Youngling star 1

May 1, 2002
    Are we allowed to talk openly about AOTC stuff now?
    if not this contains a spoiler.

I am thinking that the battle happens at the same place that dukoo (sp) and Sidious meet at the end of of the movie. it looks like there could be some some molten liquids or an underground lair around there.

2. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    bump, here's an interesting quote to take into consideration, from page 317 of the Annotated Screenplays-

George Lucas: "I didn't have a very specific idea about what Vader might look like underneath the mask. I knew that he had been in alot of battles, and at one point I thought he had a confrontation with Ben and Ben had sent him into a volcano. But he was all but dead, and basicly he was manufactured back together even though there was very little of him left."

3. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    I thought for years that the lava-fact was just an urban legend. But now, after reading these ... I don't dare to comment.

4. jedifrank

jedifrank Jedi Youngling

Dec 20, 2002
    Iheard that Obi and Anakin are on Kessel and Anakin falls into either a droid melting pit or a lava flow

5. Darth Dane

Darth Dane Jedi Master star 4

May 10, 2000

What about this:

Anakin says in II that he will be the most powerfull Jedi. Powerfull enough to stop death, or cheat it somehow. Because he lost his mother, not being able too, he bends all his will to finding out how. As he battles OB1 he does indeed "loose" the battle. OB1 Runs away not checking. But lo and behold, Anakin found a way to survive....somehow. And him being the chosen one, he sees he has become all he wanted. But as he was falling he started to look everywhere for a solution, he reached towards the dark side. And somehow found a combination of the light and dark side that enabled him to survive.
    Maybe thats what Both Yoda and OB1 realizes as they are growing older. Both having enough time to contemplate the nature of the force.
    Vader Is still surprised it seems, though, when OB1 disappears, so I don´t know what connects those two.

DD - The Divine Theory

6. LakSivrak

LakSivrak Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 9, 2002
    heres what i think is odd. . .so anakin does (somehow) get trashed by lava. why then would he chose to have his 'lair' full of the stuff?! youd think hed hate lave, it took his body for heavens sake. i dont know about that. i broke my leg skiing and i cant even watch it anymore, i cant imagine if id lost my lumbs, lungs and hair how id feel about skiing. id move to florida, not aspen.

7. ISD_Devastator

ISD_Devastator Jedi Master star 4

Oct 11, 2002
    "id move to florida, not aspen"
    But if Lord Vader likes to confront his fear of lava? Like you crash your car into a tree or simply drive out of road, you have to drive again or you'll never be able to do it. Confront the fear to win it.
    He's looking at lava, smelling it (?) and in time, he doesn't fear it anymore. In original RotJ-concept Vader and Luke were supposed to fight in a lava-cave -> meaning that Vader had won his fear.
    Mindless speculation again... ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.