Colum, OH Here's a thought about the Jedi robes.......

Discussion in 'Mid West Regional Discussion' started by jedibri, Mar 13, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedibri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    My Mother in law has a sewing machine. Since I'm very close to her she would most likely let me use it. The problem is this I don't know how to use it :( . But if someone does than maybe that person would be kind enough to sew for others who can't. I would be willing to have people come over to our house to be fitted.
    We could throw in oooohhh I don't know a "Star Wars" movie and have a meeting while there as well.
    Please I would like to here from everyone. Let me know what you think.
  2. Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I might be able to get together a Padme or handmaiden costume, but if I can't I love the idea for the robes. Even if I don't do the Jedi robes, the idea of a SW movie and meeting would be fine with me.
  3. DarthClerical Jedi Padawan

star 4
    It sounds like a good idea to me. Much more relaxed and friendly environment. Besides, I could use a better designed robe, since the one I have is fraying and a little worn from wear to parties and such.
  4. jedibri Jedi Padawan

star 4
    So do you guy's & girls want to move the April meeting to my house? I'm sure my Boss eeerrr Wife won't mind. If we do I will "PM" you all directions. I don't want where I live all over the internet ;) .
  5. DarthClerical Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I'm not adverse to that change in plans. We'll just have to make sure that the question gets asked on the main board so that everone knows about it.
  6. tk325 Jedi Youngling

The change in venue shouldn't be a problem for me. Besides, I'm sure the food would be 100% better than Applebees! ;)
  7. Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan

star 4
    I could go for the change in plans.
  8. amaunet Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Ummm it sounds good, but i am not sure how many we are talking about here...I mean making 2 or three per sewing machine is about max...and what about everyone getting material, thread and patterns?? and what about cutting things out? that takes a considerable amount of time. Also are we going to say stick with the normal, or let everyone customize their own?
    So perhaps we need 2 counts here....one: How many will need/want to have robes made? and two: who has a sewing machine??

I have a sewing machine and i dont need robes cause i made my own.
  9. galen-kenobi Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Awhile back I had read a post by a Regional rep, saying that it would be a good idea if the first 2 meetings were in a public place. Meeting at Jedibri's place wouldn't slow down the process of becoming an offical chapter, but I can see the logic of having these early meetings somewhere public. Those people who didn't make it to the first one might be less likely to come to this meeting if it was at the home of someone they hadn't met yet. I'm not saying that is definitely the case, but it's certainly a possibility.

However, I have one of those have-your-cake-and-eat-it-too kind of ideas. I really think it would be great if we could become official by the time the Celebration rolls around. To do that, we will need to meet for a third time by the end of April. Why not have the next meeting as we already scheduled it, then 2 weeks later (on the 27th) meet at Jedibri's place to not only watch some SW and make robes, but work on some details about the Celebration and going to see AOTC?
  10. Master_MayimNaar Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Sounds like a good compromise galen. Especially since newer members (i.e. those who didn't come to meeting one) might feel a little uncomfortable going to someone's house right off the bat.

. . . or, it could be an unofficial meeting where we familiarize ourselves with one another a bit more. Say, maybe the weekend before the next scheduled meeting?
  11. Amidala-Leia Jedi Padawan

star 4
    Selfishly, I would like the meeting at jedibri's house to be sometime other than the 27th. It's the Saturday before finals and I'll be having a massive coronary from studying too much. But actually I couldn't make it the week before April 13th either. Just let me know what everyone decides and hopefully I'll be able to make it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.