main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx Here's one for Void

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Idiots Array, Jan 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    While it goes against my instincts to provide information from Delta Source to you Rebels I have decided this one time to make an exception. Defensetech.org has some great info from military/law enforcement community that you might be interested in checking out.

Also, in an interview with Wired Andrew Marshall, whose job it is to predict the future of warfare had this to say when asked if technology ultimately made us more or less vulnerable:

A friend of mine, Yale economist Martin Shubik, says an important way to think about the world is to draw a curve of the number of people 10 determined men can kill before they are put down themselves, and how that has varied over time. His claim is that it wasn't very many for a long time, and now it's going up. In that sense, it's not just the US. All the world is getting less safe.

Bill Joy at Wired has been fretting about this for some time.

2. VoidDancer

VoidDancer Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 13, 2002
    Interesting...a couple of the write ups on defensetec seemed to have the style I'd attribute to mad conspiracy theorists.

3. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    lol...It's funny how almost every gun and knife catalog I've seen has at least a little of that feel. They've all got a section in the back selling books that detail how to build your own backyard shelter, how to convert semi-auto rifles to full-auto, and how to make your own sound supressors. Makes you wonder sometimes.

4. Diesel_Dave

Diesel_Dave Jedi Padawan star 4

May 16, 2002
    Still need one of those black helicopters! :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.