main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hero Book Report

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by JesterHead1651, May 18, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JesterHead1651

JesterHead1651 Jedi Master star 1

Apr 14, 2004
    Hey guys.

Im working on a book report for school and one section that I need to write about is "Find a modern hero in a play, film or book and explain in detail why they entail the components of a hero." Of course being the huge Star Wars fan that I am, im doing Luke Skywalker. This is what I have so far "My modern hero from a film is Luke Skywalker from Star Wars. Whether if its saving an entire planet from destruction or saving his Father from eternal damnation, he is a good example for a hero." If anyone has some good ideas I could include to explain why Luke Skywalker is such a great hero that he is feel free to post them here, thanks!

2. Marshmellin

Marshmellin Jedi Youngling

May 21, 2005
    You could probably mention something about him rising above adversity, facing challenges with stick-to-itiveness and perseverance, and continually trying to better himself throughout it all. You might also mention that, although his father was evil, Luke still tried to love him and save him at the end of all things.

Luke rose from being a common Tatooine farmboy to being the first Jedi in a new race of Jedi ? the only Master left in the Galaxy. You might say that he went on to create a new Jedi order which restored peace and order to the Galaxy.

You could also say that Luke matures throughout the course of the films and books, going from a sometimes petulant kid to a serene and knowledgeable Jedi Master. He learns to follow the Force and trust it, even when his instincts tell him otherwise. He also overcomes his own impatience and learns to put the needs of others above himself.

Great choice of a hero, by the way.

Hope it helps and good luck,

Aly

3. Telemachus

Telemachus Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2005
    I would suggest that you pick up "The Power of Myth" and "The Hero With a Thousand Faces" by Joseph Campbell. Lucas acknowledginges a debt to Campbell's work in helping him create Star Wars.

4. DARTH-SHREDDER

DARTH-SHREDDER Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 6, 2005
    What grade are you in?

5. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    I did an essay on the hero in mythology, it was quite an interesting study and I used Joseph campbell as well as Lord Raglan, he's lesser know but quite an authorative on the hero.

Campbell is a big read though just for a book report, try to find the magic of myth book that accompanied Magic of Myth exhibit, that has some good joseph campbell in there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.