main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Salisb, NC Heroes Con - June 20th-22nd [Group to go on Saturday?]

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by IamaSith, Jun 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    HEROES CONVENTION was founded in 1982 by Shelton Drum, owner of Charlotte's Heroes Aren't Hard To Find comics shop. Since then the convention has become famous for its comics-first and family-friendly atmosphere, where fans can mingle directly with professionals and exhibitors. Boasting an incredible guest list built mainly on reputation and goodwill, HeroesCon is known nationwide as a "must" on the summer schedule, drawing fans, exhibitors, and creators from every region of the country to the Charlotte Convention Center.

HeroesCon is also the home of Indie Island, a 10,000+ square foot section in the middle of the convention, dedicated to indie and alternative comics creators and publishers. Since its founding in 2005, Indie Island has quickly become one of the preeminent alternative comics gatherings in the country.

http://www.heroesonline.com/heroescon.html

What: Heroes Con
    When: Saturday June 21st [Leave Rip's house at 9 am - possibly stop in Concord to pick up member for car pool]
    Where: Charlotte Convention Center
    Why: For fun and friendship (Some members have gone for the last 11 years and have a blast)
    How: Car Pool (In costume or out - CONFIRMED by comic shop - ALL costumers are welcome and NOT exclusive to any particular FAN group)
    Who: Open to all

501 S. College St
    Charlotte, NC 28202

ADMISSION:
    1-day Pass: $10 per person
    3-day Pass: $20 per person
    Kids 12 & Under get in FREE!

SHOW DATE & HOURS
    Open to the Public:
    Friday, June 20, 2008 : 11.00 am - 7.00 pm
    Saturday, June 21, 2008 : 10.00 am - 6.00 pm
    Sunday, June 22, 2008 : 11.00 am - 6.00 pm

Pre-Registration Booth Open:
    Thursday: 12.00 pm - 8.00 pm
    Friday: 8.00 am - 7.00 pm
    Saturday: 8.00 am - 6.00 pm
    Sunday: 10.00 am - 6.00 pm

ORGANIZED BY: RIP's #1 Preferred Comic Store
    HEROES AREN'T HARD TO FIND, INC.
    e.mail: shelton@heroesonline.com

PLEASE CONFIRM HERE IF YOU ARE GOING - will discuss this weekend on Game night.

2. Darth_MacDuff

Darth_MacDuff Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I am going to do my best to make this one! There are moving plans for my wife's son that weekend, but they say that they have plenty of help. Might have to drive the wife's TIE fighter and let them use the Star Destroyer. I really want to go to this one. [face_praying]

3. RipRoar

RipRoar Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 8, 2007
    I'm going obviously along with a few kids I suspect (Including teenagers)!

4. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    LEAVE MY HOUSE at 9am - go to my work (Park for free) take light rail (bring along $3 for trip both ways or use atm/credit.

IF you're wearing a costume - you can change at my work in parking lot or inside if needed.

Should be a blast!

5. SmashVadersFist

SmashVadersFist Jedi Youngling

Nov 7, 2007
    I hate to say it but it really looks like another year of no con for me. We have been having a lot of issues at work with people not showing up and a lot of things are falling behind. I was even told the other day that if a certain individual is fired I will be working every Saturday from now on until told otherwise. If this changes I will let everyone know. My home internet is also out due to our last storm so I have to wait until I get some extra money to repair it. I will be taking my laptop to work so I can try and keep up with you guys.

6. IamaSith

IamaSith Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2007
    You will be missed as well as Matt!

7. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    As of right now, I am going! [face_praying] I don't forsee any problems so far, so I am planning on leaving the base here in the Outer Rim around 0800. Should put me there in plenty of time. I am going to have to take the wife's TIE fighter. The Star Destroyer will used as a cargo ship that day. :confused: My stepson is moving that day and they need to borrow the truck. Will see you guys then.

8. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    It seems Matt is going anyway with Jabba (UM - I mean John) so we should see them there!

9. slaveone28146

slaveone28146 Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 15, 2007
    I am not going to be able to make it to the con tommorw. Some stuff has came up at work.
    Sorry

10. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    That's unfortunate - really was looking forward to seeing you Slaveone! I went today and it was packed! We have decided not to go in costume in any event. Too many things to try to acquire this year! I may be going on Sunday as well.

Talk to you soon hopefully!

11. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    I have got a feeling that I am going to have a blast! I have never been to one of these before. My friend from work, Jason (The Rock from the old website) is going in the morning as well.

12. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Unfortunately, most of the group will not be able to participate this year.

SlaveOne is out [A Sherrif's schedule is never the same - Miis ya today]
    Star and Elaine are in IRELAND this morning [I'm sure they are sleeping but will have a great trip]
    Mark is off to Italy w/ his group
    Smash can't [Was looking forward to it - maybe next year]
    Matt can't (John CAN) - Matt can - can't, can, CAN'T (Really can't this time he can't but John CAN)
    IamSith and KathyK can go BUT only on Sunday (Maybe I'll see them then)
    Princess Leia and the youngling have plans
    J is going but will meet there (He is traveling with friends)
    Big D is working...
    A + B?
    L?
    Magic Vader?
    Darth_MacDuff should be here soon
    Darth_Phanax will be going

Rip and son - obviously going

WILL MISS YOU GUYS - but should be fun anyway. More time to actually look for things for my collections!

13. Darth_MacDuff

Oct 15, 2007
    OK, here goes! MAN WHAT A BLAST! :cool: Came away with a whole buch of cool new figures to add to my growing collection at work. Met some cool people and some new friends. Spent a little than I should have and a lot less than I wanted to! [face_laugh] My feet are suffering right now, but it was worth it! Can't wait until our next meeting/get together. SFF RULES!!

14. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes - The CON was a blast - I scored two figure packs to complete my Ralph McQuarrie collection to go along with my signed McQuarrie book. My collection is in the upper hundreds now - not including the '77 line of toys I have(There really isn't much I don't have from '97 on - however I am not the typical collector - I am an opener for most things or I buy doubles to save the rare or special ones in packages). Toys are meant to be held and played with - especially when you have kids that you have "Somehow" brainwashed to like the Star Wars Universe - wonder how that happened...?

Anyway - our trip to the CON turned out to be better than expected. I have maintained since the SFF was created that PEACE would be the number one goal and that ALL were welcome. I respectfully have stayed away from others at recent cons but am very glad that things played out the way they did yesterday. Recently, I, like many in the group have decided that the IR should be laid to rest to avoid any further drama(There were great times and there were very dark times of which I was also brought into that I regret) and I extended the hand of peace personally this time with hopes that in doing so we can all play in this great Star Wars Universe together. I will only operate under the SFF branding from this point forward and continue to do all the same functions, events, prop making and game nights as before but branded as the SFF. Who knows what will happen down the line as friendships continue to grow and trust is established (I personally am open to all suggestions and would love to continue talking about the future of the local situation with my group and others)...

Thank you Darth_MacDuff for coming along yesterday - It was a lot of fun seeing your "Con Newbie" eyes pop out of your head at every turn. I'll keep my eyes out for those figures you are lacking...

As far as Fan Force goes - a great bridge was made yesterday with the CFF and the 501st. I hope our relations continue on this path of understanding, respect and fun for all - Thank you.

15. Tarheels76

Tarheels76 Jedi Youngling

Jun 23, 2008
    As Dr Nick would say from The Simpsons, HELLO EVERYBODY!!!! I'm new to the site, came over from an older site where i was formerly known as The_Rock, that site was destroyed by the dreaded Death Star LOL, and my good friend Darth Macduff told me bout this site, so I'd thought i'd join up. I had the pleasure of meeting Rip and his two boys at Hereoscon, nice meeting you again. That was my 12th visit to Hereoscon and it's still a blast to attend. Can't wait till next year. Also can't wait for The Clone Wars movie in August, should be awesome. Well, just wanted to introduce myself. Happy to be part of another cool Star Wars related site, let's protect this one from the Death Star though. May The Force Be With You Always!!!!!

16. RipRoar

Apr 8, 2007
    WELCOME TARHEELS! I enjoyed meeting you and your girlfriend as well. She is welcome to post here too - don't have to be a geek - uhm I mean Star Wars fan. This is simply the shared vehicle to socialize...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.