Sac, CA Heroes for Heroes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Ah, yes, my dear estrogen buds -- it is ALL about that volleyball scene, isn't it? =P~ Cheesy music and bad acting go right out the window once that scene comes on...

Marric, I have to admit, that TAPS is an awfully good movie. When I really loved that movie years and years (and years) ago, it wasn't Tom that floated my boat, it was Timothy Hutton. Sheesh, does that "date" me or what??
  2. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    TAPS was a very good movie ... a sorta honorable traditions and coming of age movie with some of the best in the business. Hutton, Cruise, and Penn to name a few. Not to mention George C. Scott as well.

but Princess Leia mmmmm mmmmm mmmmm ;)

3. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey! No male drool allowed!:p
  4. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2
    Volley ball...Val Kilmer or Rick Rossovich even...sex-aaay. Forget Tom Cruise, he's WAY too short.

As for Taps, I love that movie. That movie is what made me want to go to Military School, well that and Toy Soldiers. I wanted to go just for the uniforms and buildings...ha ha

5. Marric_Korde Jedi Master

star 4
    I begged my mom to send me to a military school and then she pointed out that technically I was already in one since it was run by the military(I was an Air Force Brat).

I told her I wanted to have a cool red beret, so she went out and picked one up for me.
  6. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
  7. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    How about a Raspberry Beret? Ooooohhhhhh I am REALLY dating myself!!! ;)
  8. Nasus_Sivad Chapter Rep Sacramento, CA

Chapter Rep
    star 3
    Love Val Kilmer. Mad Martigan was hot! I agree on Tom! Don't understand what the fuss is all about.
  9. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Tom Cruise's list of movies, just like him, is very very short.

Thank you! Try to the Veal Parmesan and don't forget to tip your waiters! I'm here all night!

... or at least until the rum's gone...

-TJ 8-}
  10. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
  11. CaeliRose Jedi Knight

star 2
    *sneaks out with the case of Rum* O:)
  12. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3
    Fellow Rogues,

I want to make an apology for the harsh criticism towards the project TJ proposed. I didn't mean to offend anyone. I will admit, yes I was hurt by many of your people's remarks, but maybe I had them coming to me. It was your right to propose/suggest the project that you did, TJ.

No, I don't necessarily agree with this project anymore than I did when it was first proposed. And I have no intention of voting for it at the meeting. However, as many of you said, fair is fair, and majority does rule (as I believe Aunt Beru had put it).

Once again, I apoligise for ratting on the way I did.

--Jedi Dark Night
  13. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Thank you for the Apology, JDN. While I'm not going to say all is necessarily forgotten and forgiven, I can respect your willingness to stand by your beliefs. It takes some cajones to do that, (whether I agree with them or not is not the point). Besides, I definitely know something about... hmm... impassioned speeches? ;)

-TJ

EDIT: Hit the post button to soon!
  14. TionneHawk Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    And what's wrong with being short???

"Judge Tom by his size, do you?" ;)
    You're all heightist! Yeah! That's it!
  15. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    Now Hawkie, don't get short wit... um... uh.... I mean, jeeze your temper's short toda... um... never mind!

-TJ [face_whistling]
  16. R2-Tattoo Jedi Knight

star 1
    JDN,
    I am a pacifist and I have often struggled with the idea of supporting the troops and wheither or not in doing so I am supprting the war as well. I am totally against the war, period. However I believe that there is not only no harm done, there is also no support for the war shown. I think that TJ's idea is a great one and I am going to find some addresses for Iraqi troops and their children so that we can support all the troops. I come from a incredibly long line of militray people, in fact every man in my family since we came to this country ( in the 1700's) has either been an active duty soldier or a law enforcement officer in the States, or both. My grandma was Rosie the Riveter in WWII. I have no problems sending cool stuff to our troops as long as "our troops" means men and women on both sides of the war.
    JDN, today I voted FOR the Heroes for Heroes idea, I think it is a great idea and completely unpolitical, as long as all troops involved in this war are being considered. Based on today's meeting, I felt that what everyone was saying was that it wasn't about the war, so I am taking it that everyone is cool with cheering up any and all troops, as troops on both side need cheering up. They are all scared and they all need our support. Remember, supporting the troops is not supporting their politics or their beliefs, it is simply giving them a bit of positivity. So sending comics and games to all the nations involved, including Iraq, is a great idea. If of course this project excludes the Iraqi forces, then of course I would see it as a being a political focused project. To keep this Heroes for Heroes an act of supporting only the troops and not the war, then by definition the act would have to be bipartisan.
    If I am incorrect in my belief that you all agree with me, then please let me know. I am absolutely ok with it if ya'll disagree, but I would of course feel differently about this project if it isn't bipartisan, as my personal convictions would make this a political project in my mind. If you guys diagree with this, the vote is still majority rules. Either way I have the utmost respect for all of you.. I genuinley care for you all. I don't have a problem simply excluding myself from events or projects that I do not agree with morally, as long as none of the projects are ever kept from me due to the fact that one or all of the group believe it would be a project I would not be interested in. Obviously regardless of majority rules, all ideas suggested to one member must be submitted to all. As long as this group remains democratic, as it was today, I stand behind you all no matter what our differences.
    Thankyou TJ for the suggestion. Thankyou JDN for the food for thought and for the apology. I respect anyone who can state their opinion, as many of us have now done concerning this subject. I also have a lot of respect for anyone who can apologise when they believe they have done wrong or crossed a line.
    I think it is so cool that we all communicate. What a great group of people. If everyone in life got along like this, the world would be a better place.
    This is so cool.

Sindenote: As I mentioned to you all at the meeting today,
    I will ask my sister about the inmate suits.
  17. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    LOL I love the end, because it's such a non-sequiter and made me go... WTF?! At the end... [face_hypnotized]

-TJ [face_laugh]
  18. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    On an unrelated side note, I was at work the other day and as I was on the sales floor, I happened to run into a WW II veteran. I did the usually "Are you finding everything ok, sir?" but after a moment I asked him if he'd seen or heard about the bomber on display at Mather taking people up for flights and such (he was wearing a bomber squadron hat)... and well, we got to talking and I finally paused and looked him straight in the eye and told him "thank you". We chatted for a few minutes before I let him go about with his day but it was a really important moment for me.

These people - soldiers - make an incredibly difficult sacrifice for us. And while I'm not sure who got more out of the moment, I think they need to be acknowledged. With Memorial Day coming up soon, maybe I'm just getting all weepy and sentimental. I am a sucker for the romantic and the sentimental after all.

-TJ [face_blush]
  19. Lord_Darth_Vader Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    The vote was unanimous. It passed. I need someone to act as pointman (no offense ladies) for this.
    Any volunteers?

We need to find out how to pack the items and where to send them to. We could have a meeting/packing party at a Rogue's house.

Thank you everyone for your input today.

I do believe this is a great plan and will make a difference in some lonely soldier's lives.
  20. R2-Tattoo Jedi Knight

star 1
    I know bro, it's all good, wasn't trying to change my vote, a vote stands forever. I just wanted to put my thoughts out there. I know the voting was unanimous, I was not challenging the tally, I was just putting in my two cents for the record.
  21. TaintedJedi Jedi Master

star 4
    In additional news, I spoke with Jedidoria over the phone about H4H, and I've not received any sort of word or acknowledgment from them. As a result, it sounds like we're just going to do it ourselves. Which I think is superb. Just keeping peeps posted.

-TJ
  22. R2-Tattoo Jedi Knight

star 1
  23. JediDarkNight Jedi Master

star 3

You put it really well, R2-Tattoo!:) I could have not put it any better myself (because boy was I a real rat about it [oh! No hard feelings Womprat!:D). I may have even misjudged this cause somewhat. Maybe I'll see what I can do for it. I'll just have to see.

But as far as food for thought goes, definitely no more overdone with the hot sauce (the attitude that is) from me! LOL

--Jedi Dark Night

P.S. R2-Tattoo, check your PM, I'll be dropping you a message in it.
  24. Jedidoria Jedi Master

star 4
    Ugh -- I hate to do this, but I need to make this clear so I never feel like I've lead anyone astray...the addresses I have are for American troops. Period. There are Iraqis that work on the base, but certainly there are no Iraqi forces (other than the wounded that our troops are patching up) that are in direct line to get these items. Is the group under the impression we are sending this stuff out to an "all nations" group? There are Brits and Australians (even some French) that are working with our troops, does that count? Just want to make sure I'm on the same page as everyone else, and I don't want Jackson or anyone else to feel mislead.:)
  25. R2-Tattoo Jedi Knight

star 1
    Jedidoria,

I was just trying to make some peace. I am on the same page as you. I understand which troops it is all going to and thats cool. Thankyou for your sensitivity.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.