main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Sac, CA Heroes for Heroes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by TaintedJedi, Apr 30, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TaintedJedi

TaintedJedi Jedi Master star 4

Mar 2, 2004
    Glad to see we're all on the same page. We wouldn't want to tear open some scabs! [face_sick]

-Sheriff TJ [face_cowboy]

2. Jedidoria

Jedidoria Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 21, 2006
    Yea!!!:) Since Avalyn was so kind as to already give me a bunch of magazines, if it's OK with everyone, I'll get them mailed off ASAP.

3. Tev_Torbek

Tev_Torbek Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 19, 2004
    $1300 a month?!?! Wow!!! I wish I made that when I was an E-1

4. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I don't see why not! :)

-TJ

5. Nasus_Sivad

Nasus_Sivad Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 19, 2006
    I also believe and correct me if I am wrong TJ. The items will be sent all over the world where we have troops posted, not just in war zones. There are many places that we have troops that are not involved in any kind of war but are there to just keep the peace or do their tour. They are also missing the creature comforts of home and the ability to keep up on the news, media, games, etc. Can't just run down to the local Best Buy. We have Korea (DMZ), Afghanastan, Somalia, other parts of Africa, just to mention a few. This project is much bigger than just supporting one group in one country. They are just included in the groups as they are out of country on assignment.

6. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Yes indeedy, H4H's intent is to send these goods to US Troops worldwide, I believe!

-TJ

7. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    I do not know if anyone is interested in this but I remember growing up in the Army and there were some families just barely making ends meet. Is there any way we can extend this to the families of the soldiers that are shipped out as well?

I remember some of the kids coming over to my house and being in awe of the fact I had an old dusty NES system (which by the way was already obsolete by then) yet alone that I had a PS1 and a Sega Genesis. I can only imagine that there are families still like that within the military. No, I am not saying to give up your game systems to them. I am just trying to point out that maybe the wives/husbands and kids still at home might enjoy something as well and as a perk when they tell their wife/mother/husband/father( whomever is out serving their country) that these really cool ;) Star Wars fans gave them some great gifts and perhaps it would give them a peace of mind about their family back home. It lets them know that someone at least is helping to care for their family(ies) while they are gone.

It would be cool too that if by coincidence one of the soldiers away received a gift as well. Don't know how that will happen but there is always that one in a million chance.

8. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    I do have a PS1 with some great rpg's that I was planning to send off, but I think you've got a point... something to think about as well! [face_thinking]

-TJ

9. RDtwotwo

RDtwotwo Jedi Youngling

Feb 24, 2007
    That is a great idea, also uplifting for the troops to know that your good feelings extend to their families stateside. [face_flag] =D=

10. CaeliRose

CaeliRose Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 5, 2005
    That is what I was trying to put across but as you can tell, I get a bit 'wordy'. ha ha...Thanks for the condensed version! [face_batting]

11. TaintedJedi

Mar 2, 2004
    Finally heard from H4H. Basically, we would send them the goods, which they then distribute from the Dallas/Ft.Worth USO and in return they will send all us a 50% market value receipt for all good condition comics and books they receive. They also sent me some additional contact information that I will forward to Jedidoria.

-TJ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.