main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Heroes: Rise of the Chosen (now accepting new players)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthCemeroX, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Emmanuel Mendez

Japan, Cold War Bunker

Manny took a moment to do a head count and saw that everyone was present. They had escaped by the skin of their teeth once again, but now they would have an opportunity to strike at the NSB, but before they formulated a plan, there was an important decision to be made.

"Ok. Let's take a moment to catch our breaths. We should be safe here for shortwhile." Manny said calmly, but still sounding hollow. He knelt down next to Chandler and checked on the artist, while avoiding eye contact with everyone else.

"They...they took, Peter. We...can't let.....we can't let that stop us."

Manny was trying not to sound choked up. he paused to take a deep breath before he continued speaking.

"Before we plan our next move, we need to elect a temporary leader, because we seem to work best that way." He stated with a shrug.

"I'm no leader, so please don't nominate me. But, I think someone with Lawliet's maturity and experience would do just fine. What fo you think?"

Manny looked around and past the group as he stretched out with his passive telekinesis technique to sense for enemies. Upon finding none, he turned to face the gathered group to listen to what they would say.

Mentally however, he thought out to Animagos.

//Please, don't call me Master, and you don't owe me anything, really. Your life is your own to do as you wish. If you need to call me anything, call me 'friend'.//

At the end of that thought, Manny seemed to relax just a bit, but said nothing as he still waited for a response from his teammates, or for Chandler to wake up. Whichever came first.

Tag: All

2. Master_Dmentae

Master_Dmentae Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 17, 2006
    IC: Animagos - Bunker

Aniamgos sent back his thoughts /Im sorry, but you saved me after what I had done and you could have killed me in your anger and said I attacked you, and in my country and new lifestyle, i am your 'servant' but more of a follower or soldier, I do what you whant, when you want/ Animagos stopped the message and converted more energy into Chandler, falling asleep on a nearby bed after eating some healthy rations. His last words were "Checks its good before you eat it, theres a scsnner ove rthere, it was used to scan for poison, but itll do for edibility" then he slept, a violent sleep, where he was tossing and turning and glowing, but a sleep none-the less.

3. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Ruth
    Underground Bunker

Ruth looked around the bunker as Animagos lay down to sleep. She wasn't overly fond of the blue man, but he did have his usefulness.
    She knelt down to where Chandler was, checking him over. She knew some first aid, and from what she could tell all he needed was rest. She put his arm over her shoulders and moved him onto another of the beds. When he was settled she picked up a nearby blanket and placed it over him. Not for the first time Ruth was reminded about how young he was to be caught up in this. She shook her head and sighed, turning back to Manny.

She opened a nearby first aid box and took out a small kit, sitting down on a nearby chair at a table in the room, motioning for Manny to do the same.
    "Manny, I think it's time I gave you an apology. I've been stupid and selfish and a moron ever since hooking up with you guys and I'm sorry. What happened back in Tokyo was a mistake, I was shocked, caught off-guard and looking back on it I feel foolish. You all must have thought me an idiot. But I swear to you, next time I see Lenny I won't hesitate to kill him if it means saving anyone."

She started to wipe the blood on the cut away and clean it with the items in the first aid kit.
    "As for what we do next, I don't know. But as for choosing a "temporary leader" I think we should just decide things as a group. I know I sounded pesimistic earlier about Peter, but I just don't see any way that Sylar would keep him alive for long." She tried to shrug off the thought. Awkwardly placing a bandage on her cheek where the long cut was, she attempted a smile at Manny.
    "Well, we need to get some rest whatever we do. But once we've all gotten some sleep we'll find Peter and Mohinder and stop Sylar once and for all."

TAG: Manny, any

4. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    Ic: Suresh
    Nsb Headquarters

He loosened his grip on Lenny and backed away. He felt bad, Sylar could have leverage on him. That monster is all too capable of forcing others to work for him. He dropped the gun, "I'm sorry, but you know it doesn't have to be this way, you can rise against him. The people you've been trying to kill, they can help you do it." He breathed heavily, waiting for Lenny to react.
    TAG: LENNY

OOC: OKay very good all, without Peter you're all doing well. Carry on with your story, plan the attack and such. I'm going to step back from the group since Peter is sorta DOA. However I'll be here, and probably post as Sylar shortly. Keep up the good work

5. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Emmanuel "Manny" Mendez

Japan, Underground Bunker

"Manny, I think it's time I gave you an apology. I've been stupid and selfish and a moron ever since hooking up with you guys and I'm sorry. What happened back in Tokyo was a mistake, I was shocked, caught off-guard and looking back on it I feel foolish. You all must have thought me an idiot. But I swear to you, next time I see Lenny I won't hesitate to kill him if it means saving anyone."

Manny looked over at Ruth from where he sat and gave her a wry half-smile. She was quite attarctive, there was no denying it. How could that "Lenny" guy be such a jerk to her. Prefering NSB falsehoods over a happy life with a someone as pretty as Ruth. The guy had to be double-brain dead. But as far as Ruth killing Lenny, Manny did not believe it. She was a woman in love. To accomplish such a heinous task, she'd have to hate her former love interest with a passion to rival her initial love for him. Manny felt that Ruth may be angry inside, but she was a good girl, and Manny needed her to stay a good girl. No. He wouldn't let her descend to Lenny's level. If anybody was taking out the double-brain dead fool, it would be him. He had no emotional attachements to the idiot.

But instead of saying any of these things, Manny's response was neutral and safe.

"I understand how you feel. No worries, it's in the past. I'd leave it there."

"As for what we do next, I don't know. But as for choosing a "temporary leader" I think we should just decide things as a group. I know I sounded pesimistic earlier about Peter, but I just don't see any way that Sylar would keep him alive for long." Ruth awkwardly placed a bandage on her cheek where the long cut was, she attempted a smile at Manny.

"Well, we need to get some rest whatever we do. But once we've all gotten some sleep we'll find Peter and Mohinder and stop Sylar once and for all."

Manny gave Ruth a solid nod and a wink as he got up. "I agree with your thinking. It's sensible. I think I'll take first watch though, since I'm not feeling tired." Manny took a few steps towards her, but suddenly stopped. He looked behind him and to a darkened area of the bunker.

"Gimmie a minit. I'll be right back."

As he walked towards the other end of the bunker, Manny passed Animagos. He saw the blue teen stirring uneasily in his sleep. It was plain to him that his mind was not going to get the much needed rest he deserved. In a smooth motion, Manny placed a blanket over Animagos, pretty much the way Ruth had done for Chandler.

Without hesitation, manny walked towards the darkened corner. He'd felt something there earlier, but it had not moved. Now it seemed that it had. Before he was not paying as much attention, but now he believed that the motion he felt was that of someone breathing.

Manny got close, but kept a safe distance just the same. He was alert for any sudden movements and was not past using his telekinesis to neutralize any threat.

"Hello....anybody there?" he called out tentatively.

Tag: All, GM

6. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Lenny

Lenny paused, thinking over Suresh's words. But he'd chosen his side and he would see it through to the end. He smirked.
    "So gullible."
    He moved with speed and knocked the gun away from Mohinder and then hitting him in the head. Not hard enough to kill him, but hopefully enough to knock him out.
    He picked up the scientist with some effort and left to go to the machine. If he could get Mohinder to the machine, they could keep him sedated enough to stop him form using his powers.

TAg: Mohinder

7. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    IC Elizabeth Sylvanus

"Honest. I just want to be normal again." Elizabeth let out a mirthless laugh. "Listen, you don't get to be normal again. But what you do with your powers are of the utmost importance. Others want to hurt people to achieve their goals, its up to people like you, special people, to fight them."

She turned a corner, zipping along the roads toward the NSB base. "I'm taking you to our headquarters, my boss is there and he will explain what we do." Elizabeth had heard some of the reports from her earpiece it was a near disaster. Sylar was probably fuming.

Tag: Melot

8. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

Ruth stayed in her seat as Manny moved off. She felt better for getting these things off her chest.
    Getting up she moved over to one of the remaining beds and lay down. She was hungry, but not quite hungry enough to eat the old rations. Her muscles still ached badly from the fight.
    She closed her eyes as she rested her head on the rough pillow. Sleeping enough to get rest, but light enough that she could help Manny at the slightest hint of trouble.

TAG: Manny, any

9. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    IC: Aniamgos - Uneasy Sleep, Bunker

Being so clone to Manny, emotionally for him as a friend, and also politicaly as a follower, he could sense some of Manny's thoughts, he tossed as he heard the thing about Ruth "Not her...no" he unnoticably murmured. He then woke, but kept his eyes closed, and layed deathly still, opening a portal in the matress underneath him, just large enough for it not to be seen, but enough for him to be able to use it. He used his tail to cut a hole in the matress, making sure no-one was looking, he fell through. And landed in a equipment room. He picked up a baisic hooded robe and portaled to the surface, 100 meters above ground level, he stood in the door of the Portal, watching and listening to the rain as it pattered against the robe and his uncovered flesh. There he watied, and mediated.

OOC: no-one discover me until Manny finds the thing in the corner and goes to see me. Noone else look for me. Im just in another room, not hard to find, Manny could find me with my thoughts.

10. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    OOC: Ok he can wake up now.

IC: Chandler Billings

Stretching and yawning, Chandler slowly got up from he lying position. "So have any of you decided on a plan while I was sleeping, I'd hate to think I was the only one with a strategic mind in this group." he said with a smile. "Manny, when Animagos wakes up, thank him for me. Ruth thanks for the blanket, I felt it and it had that comforters feel. Only a woman could manage that, thank you." he added. "I do hope there's some food here." he continued rubbing his stomach.

TAG: All

11. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

Ruth opened her eyes and groaned quietly in irritation. She sat up and looked at Chandler.
    "I see you're awake then, and it's fine about the blanket, didn't want you getting cold." She said. Then she gave a small laugh, "But you know you don't have to do enough talking to make up for lost time."
    Man he's a bit of a dork, but he's just a kid so that makes it ok She thought
    She got up and stretched a bit, she couldn't have been asleep long, but once she woke up she generally couldn't get back to sleep again.
    She walked and picked up one of the ration packets.
    "I don't know how safe these are to eat. Bluie Louie said something about a scanner that oculd see if they're ok." She said. She tossed the packet to Chandler and grinned.
    "And you were just knocked out of it, how do you manage to be so perky? You been drawing expressos in your sleep?" She teased.

TAG: Chandler, any

12. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"No I just had a nice dream where the leader of the NSB was completely and totaly disolved is all. You should have seen it, not a peice of DNA was left." Chandler added getting up and walking to the scanner. "Also I'm a constant optimist, irritating I know, but useful. It helps me control myself in times of stress." he added as he scanned the food package. "Well this seems ok." he added, he opened it and took out what looked like trail mix. "Hmm, it even has chocolate in it." he added and he popped a handful into his mouth and ate it. "Not bad, here try some." he added handing some over to Ruth.

TAG: Ruth

13. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003

Ruth laughed, taking the bag. It actually felt good to laugh again.
    "Man, when do you get a chance to breathe?" She looked inside the bag and shook it around a bit.
    "Heh, M&Ms. I will never understand you Americans and your M&Ms. Maybe one day I'll get you some real chocolate, like Galaxy or Cadburys. Mexican food too, you all seem to love it."
    She picked out some raisins and handed the bag back. She considered things for a moment before talking again.
    "I think that as soon as we're all together we should make plans for finding Mohinder and Peter." She stated before eating.

TAG: Chandler, any

14. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Well I know that they will most likely be taken to the Japanese base. So we should probably go there. Peter will also be more heavily guarded than Dr. Suresh, so it's probably best that we try and get him first. After that Peter should be easy, Manny can contact him and then Animagos can portal us there. Then we can make a nice escape with pretty explosions." Chandler added smiling at the thought of the NSB's Asian Syndicate bursting at the seems as explosions wracked it's main systems.

TAG: Ruth

15. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC; My NPC for the time when Peter is out of the game for a while

IC: David Ferth

Japan, COld War base

He came out fromt he shadows. At first hesitant, then he saw it was Manny. He ran towards him and let out a firm and brotherly embrace. "I was wondering when exactly I'd see you guys again, what are you doing here."

TAG: ALL

16. Melot

Melot Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2007
    Noah

"Listen, you don't get to be normal again. But what you do with your powers are of the utmost importance. Others want to hurt people to achieve their goals, it?s up to people like you, special people, to fight them."

Noah nodded; he had a feeling that was the truth. At least the NSB was offering to help him.

"I'm taking you to our headquarters, my boss is there and he will explain what we do."

?Okay,? Noah sounded nonchalant, but for some reason he had butterflies in his stomach.

TAG:apadamek, gm

17. greyjedi125

Apr 29, 2002
    Emmanuel Mendez

Abandonned war Bunker

Manny was oblivious that the both Ruth and Chandler had awoken as he continued to investigate what he was pretty sure his telekinesis revealed to be a person hidden in a dark corner. He could even feel the person's breathing, so the question now was, was it friendly or some NSB agent waiting for a chance to catch them unawares.

Manny also felt tingling sensation at the base of his skull, but he was vaguely aware of it at the moment, given his current focus. Unbeknownst to him, Animagos had established a mental link between the two of them, which was something he was likely to discover later on.

Manny leaned in and squinted his eyes, tyring to get a better view as his eyes adjusted to the dimness. He absently brushed at the length of dark hair that fell over his eyes, and made a comment about needing a hair court. manny opened his mouth to say something, and much to his surprise, a figure suddenly emerged from the darkness. Manny's eyes went wide in surprise, as he was totally caught unexpected and he almost stumbled backwards.

What was more perplexing was the figures words and actions. Manny felt a bit awkward and at a loss when the figure caught him in a brotherly embrace.

"I was wondering when exactly I'd see you guys again, what are you doing here?"

The friendliness in the stranger's voice reasurred Manny that there was no ill-intention there, plus he certainly didn't look like an NSB agent.

"Uhm....hi there..." Manny said, amicably breaking off. "I'm Manny.....uhm....there are others with me, but I think they are napping. We thought this place was abandonned."

Manny gave the stranger a quizzical look.

"Wait...you said you were wondering 'when exactly you'd see us again', where you waiting for us?"

Manny looked a bit astonished. Had this person predicted their whereabouts? Another question suddenly came to mind.

"Do you know Peter Petrelli?" He asked expectantly.

Tag: All who can hear, GM (Hey GM, how about a description of the new guy! ;) )

18. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC:

Regognize him now, no explo needed. His alleged death is here. Looks like it wasnt his blood, but how did david get in the Bunker? its undergroud and sealed off by an earthquake, ud have 2 burn thru a load of rock and metal and...wahtever -.- im sure u found a way.

19. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    Underground Bunker

Ruth heard some voices form one of the corridor. She got up, turning back to Chandler slightly.
    "Stay here." She instructed, moving out of the room.
    She walked and saw the figure of David in front of Manny. She moved to greet him, but then stopped. How did he get here? This has to be a trick. She thought.
    Ruth pulled some air moisture and made one of her ice daggers, holding it out at David.
    "What are you doing here? If this is a trick I swear I'll drive this through you."

TAG: David, Manny

20. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Ruth, why the hell did you tell me to stay back?" Chandler said turning the corner into the other room. Then he saw it, David had appeared in the bunker, completely intact, and dry. "David!!!" Chandler yelled, he then ran and embraced him. "Oh my god, we thought you were dead, we saw your arms blow, and then the blood come to the surface of the water. I'm just so glad your back." he added squeezing hard, tears of joy coming forth.

21. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: seems my post was helpfull -.-

22. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    Ic; David Furth
    Bunker, Japan

With a warm welcome he was recieved. " It's me I swear, I barely made it out I had to pop my own arm into it's socket." David said as he entered the group. "I'm not sure how I got here, the last thing I remember was being taken by some woman in a suit and being thrown in here." David became very serious, "The NSB was here just days before you got here, they were using it to store parts for the machine, and that's when i snagged this" David said with a smirk as he held out a file labeled THE PLAGUE>

TAG: ALL

23. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Um nice trophy and all, but I feel fairly certain that that vial there could be the source of our very demise. I'd rather you take care of it a little more carefully." Chandler said stepping away from David. "I think thats the antigen that Peter was talking about. I know it will help keep the NSB from unleashing their superweapon, but we need to be careful. Though maybe Animagos can drop it down a volcano somewhere." Chandler said as the idea popped into his head.

24. Master_Dmentae

Jun 17, 2006
    OOC: Manny, can u fiond me soon, im a little bored looking out of a portal window.

25. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC: CHANBILL hehe "file" nto "vial". Manny has a folder with documents about the machine, not the atigen soo if you'd be so kind as to repost and I'll void that last one

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.