main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

NSWRPF Archive Heroes: Rise of the Chosen (now accepting new players)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by DarthCemeroX, Sep 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chanbill5390

chanbill5390 Jedi Knight star 4

Jul 12, 2007
    IC: Chandler Billings

"Thanks, listen if we don't get there soon we're going to have to parachute it, we'll run out of fuel eventually and we don't have an internal fueling tank." Chandler said. "Anyway let's try and see if we can't get you a little more energy, luckily I managed to grab some nice energy drinks, these won't make you crash either which is the good thing." Chandler added handing Peter a few cans, then putting them back in a bag he had drawn while in transit over Turkey. "Should help you get some energy back." he added smiling. "By the way you have an ETA as to when we'll get to Japan?" he asked.

TAG: All

2. DarthCemeroX

DarthCemeroX Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: Peter Petrelli, Dr.Suresh
    Time: 2:47 PM

"We should touch down soon" Peter said popping open the tab on the drink, he looked down. "We should try to land somewhere in those rice fields" Suresh said, Peter took a big gulp of the drink. He could feel the kick of energy. Peter was suprised simple Monster Energy drink would help that much. Manny then brought the plane down slowly, some who saw just assumed it was brining it a shipment. The group was shocked upon landing, the rice fields were nothing but ash. Burnt and cut to bits, they all stepped out to see the horrors. "The NSB, they've been holding this country hostage for months." Peter turned his head to the group, "This is what we're fighting for, to prevent the world from becoming ruins. Never question why we're doing this, just remeber everything you've seen" Peter said as he walked through the burning rubble of tools and wheelbarrells. There was two old broken plows that had a man's skeleton impaled on it. He lowered his head, anger took him and suddenly the can in his hand exploded from inside out. "Lets find this Lawliet"Peter said as he made contact.

Lawliet was at home when he heard a voice in his head.

" Lawliet, it's Peter Petrelli, we're coming to help you escape from the RST."

TAG: All

3. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    ic Elizabeth Sylvanus

it was him, Excellent! Her first try and it had paid off and she smiled confidently "Noah, i'd like to talk to you, about your special...gift" she paused for dramatic effect but she knew she really didn't have time for it she had to be going to get this kid to NSB headquarters and either pacify him or recruit him, either way there were larger plans at work. She had to press her point "my name is Elizabeth Sylvanus and i work for the NSB, a government agency that helps people like you and i'd like you to come with me, what do you say? You could save the world."

Tag: Melot

4. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    IC: Lawliet Rivers
    2:48
    Tokyo, Japan

" Lawliet, it's Peter Petrelli, we're coming to help you escape from the RST."

Lawliet blinked several times, staring at his computer screen for a short while. He finally decided it was due to his lack of sleep and saved his work. He turned the computer off and stood, stretching out before jumping onto his bed. He curled up lightly, closing his eyes. Despite that he found he could not fall sleep. With a sigh Lawliet stood, slipping on some flip flops and grabbing his baseball hat before he left the apartment, his keys jangling in his pocket happily. The city lights were oddly bright compared to the darkness in his apartment. With a sigh he made his way passed the crowded streets of Tokyo, making sure his tail was covered before venturing out where the neon lights exposed every nook and cranny around them.

Lawliet began to wonder about the voice he had heard. Was it really a production from his lack of sleep? Or was someone really communicating with him through his mind. He was never going to know unless this mysterious person ended up finding him. Another sigh and Lawliet slipped inside a comic book store, grabbing a random comic and beginning to read it as he sat down in a crouch on the floor. His feet were flat on the ground and his knees bent, but he seemed to hover, his legs supporting all his weight. He did it just on impulse. He always sat like that, even in chairs. Lawliet didn't even shift his weight as he read comic after comic. The only thing he paid attention to besides the comics was his hat.

Tag: GM, All

5. Melot

Melot Jedi Youngling

Mar 20, 2007
    Noah Chasing His Horse
    Truck stop

"Noah, I?d like to talk to you, about your special...gift."

He swallowed his mouthful of burger in one gulp. No one was in the alley with him, how could anyone know it was even him in the first place? Noah started to mention some snarky comment about not dancing at children?s parties, thinking she might believe him if he made no mention of his other talents. But she continued:

"My name is Elizabeth Sylvanus and I work for the NSB, a government agency that helps people like you and I?d like you to come with me, what do you say? You could save the world."

Save the world? Noah highly doubted he had what it took to be a hero. He wasn?t sure he liked the sound of government agency either?his entire life had been contained in that government sanctioned reservation and it didn?t seem to be going well at the moment. Then again they might be able to tell him why he is the way he is, they might even be able to help him control his impulses.

?Look, I dunno about this saving the world business... but if you can show me how to use this gift, you know, keep me from hurting people, I guess we have a deal.? Noah turned back to the bar and caught the cook in a break from customers, ?Hey, can I get a box for this? And tell Bud I said thanks for the offer, but I caught a ride home. He?s right I should talk it out the parents.?

Noah felt bad for lying to Bud and for not being man enough to do it to his face, but things were easier this way.

TAG: Apadamek

6. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    GM UPDATE
    Characters Involved: Ruth, CHandler, Animagos, Manny, Lawliet, Dr.Suresh, Peter Petrelli

Time: 3:01

The group had been walking into town after miles of bruning feilds. It was incediblly early and yet the streets were flooded. The lights of Tokyo struck Suresh as unescessaryly bright. The group was tired, you could tell. It just didn't make a difference Peter as tired as he was he kept going. They couldn't restwithout finding Lawliet, and even after the NSB's latest plague is being built somewhere in the area. Suddenly Peter could hear phrases and lines in his head. Then he saw images, it seemed he was picking up on somebody's psyche. They were reading intensely, Peter was onyl fixated on Lawliet which meant it had be him. The group stopped as Peter froze, he then turned and entered a local comic shop. Manny felt at home in the Comic Mecca. Tokyo was great for shopping. Peter turned and adressed the group, telling them to look for somebody reading a book called Heroes, about some ordinary people with some powers. They dispersed, Manny ending up looking at comics, Ruth slept in an empty isle. Chandler however found a man with a cap over his blonde hair, reading Heroes. "Lawliet" CHandler asked curiosly.

TAG: ALL

IC: Sylar
    Same Time
    Location, NSB headquarters

Sylar swung the door open with his Kenesis. He entered the building, took a left and entered an elevator. He took out a key and inserted it into a slot, turning the key a small metal flap loosened. Sylar moved the flap and pressed button beneath it. The elevator's lights turned red and the elevator traveled downaward towards the machine.

NO TAG

7. Apadamek

Apadamek Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 26, 2007
    ic Elizabeth Sylvanus:

The boy had agreed to come, excellent the hard part was pretty much over. She smiled "Excellent." As the boy made arrangements with the cook she motioned him toward the car, it was another hour or two to the next airport to new york, which gave her time to find out what his powers were and why he was on the run.

Tag: Melot

8. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Emmanuel Mendez

Tokyo, Japan

3:11

After getting vaccinated by Dr. Suresh, sleeping for most of the trip to Japan and missing Peter's close call, Manny was nearly besides himself with joy once they entered the comic shop, especially since the comic shop was huge, containing several levels, for it carried comics from all over the world and in almost any printable language. Of course, there were nearlly infinite rows of Manga for every age, and Manny nearly lost his mind and the purpose of the mission as he started to peer through the comics.

At least Manny was wise enough to go to the "H" section where the "Heroes" comics should be located. He almost didn't notice Chandler pass him by. As he returned his attention to the comics infront of him ( instead of looking for the person reading 'Heroes' ), Manny wondered if Chandler was as excited about being in this place as he was, since 'art' was something they had in common.

Amoment later, the sound of Chandler's voice woke him from his paradisical moment.

"Lawliet?" Manny heard Chandler ask someone. Manny turned as casually as it was possible and pretended to be still reading the comic he held as he glanced down the aisle. Chandler's back was to him and his head was obstructing the view of the person he had addressed. Though the Manny and Chandler were separated by a space of 20 feet or so, Manny could pick up the sound vibrations and hear anything that was said as clearly as if they were standing next to him. He didn't even realize he was holding his breath as he waited for the man to answer.

In that instance, he felt a pang of regret that he had not practiced more on his telekinetic sensetivity training. His Sifu had told him that he could become so effecient, that he woukd be able to pick up heartbeats and tell if people were lying. Manny made a mental note to resume practice as soon as he had a chance and get himself to that level of sensetivity, but for now, he was more keen in protecting Chandler should the man not prove to be who they thought him to be.

And to ensure Chandler's safety, Manny ever so delicately sheathed his artistic friend in a milimiter thin cocoon of telekinetic force, pliable enough to move without being noticed by Chandler, yet tensile enough to resist a point blank balistic discharge.

If they were going to be a team, they'd better act like one. On second thought, they already were.

Behind his comic book, Manny felt himself smile.

Tag: others in comic shop

9. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC; PEter, Suresh
    Time:3:11

"Lawliet" a voice said softly but loud. Peter and Suresh both turned to eachother and put the bookst they were pretending to read down. They casually walked towards Chandler, where they saw Manny only feet away. The man sitting reading Heroes was wearing a hat that covered my of his blonde hair. Peter then walked over to him, patting him on the back. Lawliet turned, Peter smiled saying, "It's Peter, the voice inside of your head."

10. Twinky_Stryder

Twinky_Stryder Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: I'm gonna be playing as the character Lenny now, in addition to Ruth. Here's his character sheet:

Name: Leo/Lenny Jones
    Appearance: Tall, close cut fair hair, brown eyes
    Special Ability: Super speed
    Nationality: American
    Talents: fighter
    Current Location: Japan
    Affiliation: NSB
    Family: none, orphan
    Personality: Patient, calm. But fierce when provoked and somewhat prideful.
    Bio: Lenny grew up on the streets of Seattle after running away from the orphanage. He used his speed ability to steal and escape form police. He was eventually tracked down by The Company and now works for the NSB. His previous assignment was to gain the trust of Ruth Hart and get proof of her having an ability. However he did come to care about her and wants to find her again.
    Weapon: NSB standard issue weapons

And now on with the posting:

IC: Ruth
    3:13
    Comic shop, Tokyo

Ruth jerked herself awake. She was exhausted and couldn't stop falling asleep. Pluse there was something she couldn't shake off, a bad feeling. She got up and found where Peter was finding their new recruit.
    "Peter, don't introduce yourself as the voice in his head. He's probably freaked enough as it is."

TAG: all

IC: Lenny Jones
    3:13
    NSB Headquarters

Lenny surveyed the machine, the key part of the NSB's master plan. They would finally do what they had been working towards for so many years. They would save the world.
    "Sir, sir. Sylar's coming down here sir." A worker ran up and informed him.
    "Make sure everyone is working at twice their pace. If he finds somehting not working, the consequences won't be to anyone's liking." Lenny snapped. He turned and strode over to the entrance, where the elevator was. Soon everyone who had been foolish enough to resist them would finally pay. But that would include Ruth, and that was the only thing that bothered him. She was just misguided, but maybe he would have time to turn her around to the right way of thinking. He straightened himself. Couldn't think about his own feelings now, not if Sylar himself was coming down there.

Tag: Sylar, any

11. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: Peter Petrelli, Suresh
    Time: 3:12

Peter suddenly thought it was a bad move to introduce himself that way. "Sorry to frighten you. We've come to help you, we have powers just like you" Peter said, he looked around saw nobody around them. He smirked and then using Telekenesis moved various books and comics from shelf to sheld. Amazing Lawliet:

TAG:All

IC: Sylar
    Time: 3:15

The elevator stopped and opened up. Sylar stepped out to see his creation under work. It had wirse plastic draped over it. It was progressing slowly, things were taking too long. Sylar walked towards Lenny, " You told me last month it would be complete in a month or two. We need to hurry things up and kinapp that Suresh already"

TAG: Lenny

12. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    3:16
    Comic Store, Tokyo

'One of these days he's going to do that for someone and they'll freak out' Thought Ruth, resisting the urge to roll her eyes. She wandered away from the group, fingers brushing the spines of the books. Picking up one she flicked through it, some kind of comedy where a guy accidently saw women in their underwear and then got beaten up by the women. She placed it back down, silly stuff really.
    Ruth stood in the doorway of the store and looked back at the others. That Mohinder guy.......he wasn't one of them and yet he was doing so much to help people with abilities. He really was a good guy. She walked into the street and looked around. The air was cool, but she didn't noice the secuirity camera pointed her way.

TAG: any

IC: Lenny
    3:18
    Lower Levels NSB Headquarters

"Y-yes sir. I've had more men and women brought in today and the process is speeding up considerable. This project will be finished even sooner than all hopes. As for Suresh I-"
    "Sir" An agent ran up to them. Lenny spun round to face him.
    "Can't you see I'm busy?" She hissed. The agent back away a bit, holding out a slim file.
    "I'm sorry sir-sirs." The man stammered. "But I have these pictures taken just a few minutes ago in Tokyo. It's of the female who you reported as going renegade and who may have joined with the rebel Petrelli." He handed over the file and walked away. Inside Lenny found a picture of Ruth standing on the street.
    "So careless." Muttered Lenny, turning to Sylar, holding out the file.
    "This girl is with Petrelli, I am certain of it. And why else would Petrelli be her unless it was with Suresh." Lenny paused, licking his lips. He had to be the one to bring Ruth in, it was the only way she'd be safe. Any other agent would kill her as soon as lok at her and he could not have that.
    "Sir. I request that I personally bring these people in. I can take a squad and be there within 25 minutes."

TAG: Sylar

13. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: SYlar
    Time:3:18

Sylar nodded, " Bring me Monhinder and kill Peter, the others will be helpless without those two." Sylar said. Lenny nodded and went off. SYlar then took a second look at the Photos. He placed them on a desk near him. For the most part this NSB headquarters was bright metal structures and giant window panes. However the assembly room was much darker. The sparks and sounds made the environment stressful. Sylar left the assembly room to attend to other matters.

OOC: All in the comic shop wait for Lawliet's post to continue.

14. Anime_Fan

Anime_Fan Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 2, 2005
    OOC: Sorry about the delay guys. School is a handful at the moment [face_laugh]

IC: Lawliet Rivers
    3:20
    Tokyo, Japan; Comic book store

Lawliet blinked as Peter made the comics levitate. He would have dropped the comic in his hands out of surprise, but because he was geeky enough, he didn't. Carefully he closed the comic and placed it back on the shelf. He couldn't be lying, after all the voice he had heard in his head and Peter's voice sounded the same. It seemed almost impossible for Lawliet to mistake sounds, with his sensitive hearing and all. Finally he lowered his gaze, his accent not too noticeable despite the fact that he had never stepped foot out of Japan.

"Powers like me."

Lawliet normally didn't care what people thought about him, but most people he met were terrified of him if they saw his ears and tail. That was the only reason he hid them, to save others the trouble of fearing him. If they were different like him, it wouldn't hurt to show them, but he couldn't help but wonder, what if even they were frightened or grossed out by him? Lawliet sighed and unwrapped his tail from around his waist, letting it sway for everyone around him to see. With another sigh the blond removed his baseball cap, his ears twitching lightly.

"I am, different from you."

Tag: All in comic shop

15. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Different physically, yes, but hey I'd love to have a few extra appendages, then again I like to stand out anyway." Chandler said as Lawliet showed everyone his ears and tail. "Not to mention it makes you fit in with us even more, we're the least liked to, and hey us outcasts need to stick together." Chandler added taking a seat next to Lawliet.

TAG: Lawliet

16. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    3:23
    Comic Shop, Tokyo

Walking back in Ruth saw the ears and tale. Slightly startled at first, she realised that with whatever it was in them that gave them their powers, anything was possible.
    "So, what's our next move then boss?" She asked, walking up behind Peter. Being in one place for too long a time would be too dangerous. "Or are we going to wait for you to turn a few more tricks?"

TAG: Peter, any

17. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: Peter Petrelli, Mohinder
    Time: 3:25
    Locatio: Tokyo COmic shop

Peter smiled, "Lawliet, I think you'll find that regardless of appearance our heart beats in tune. We're like you and we've come give you a path, and protect you from the NSB" he said. Suddenly he heard Ruth ask about their next move. "We need to find somewhere we can go until we fidn the NSB headquarters" Peter said turningi his head to Lawliet.

18. greyjedi125

greyjedi125 Chosen One star 6

Apr 29, 2002
    Emmanuel Mendez

Time: 3:26, Tokyo Comic shop

"Hola..." Manny said with a smile by way of introduction as he came up behind Chandler. He waved at Lawliet as if he were the new kid in Sunday School.

"Uhm....I'm gonna take a look up front, see if 'see' anything suspicious, y'know." Manny shrugged innocently as he told his plan to the others. "You can't never be too sure; like how 'they' keep finding us so easily."

Manny tried to look casual as he turned and tried not to grimace, as he only just realized that his last words were probably NOT what Lawliet needed to hear at the moment.

Hopefully someone would figure out where they should go next. As much as he liked the comic shop, they just couldn't stay here forever.

Tag: ALL

19. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"I suggest Ise, or one of the other major Shinto cities, the energy they give off may put off any scanners they might be using, not to mention I'd bet anything the priests would let us stay a while." Chandler said looking at Peter. "Unless you can think of a better place that is." he added looking at Lawliet.

TAG: Lawliet, Peter

20. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Lenny
    3:30
    Street outside comic shop, Tokyo

Marching towards the shop, Lenny had with him his squad of NSB agents.
    "Surround the front of the store. Capture Suresh and the young woman. Shoot to kill the others, especially Petrelli." He yelled. Once his team was in position Lnny raised his voice.
    "Attention rebels! We are the NSB and we have you surrounded. If you do not come out and comply we will use aggressive force."

3:30
    Comic Shop, Tokyo
    Ruth spun round upon hearing the announcement.
    "NSB!" She turned to the others. "We have to do something. If Manny can pull out the pipes for the sprinkler system I can use my power better." She leaned forward slightly to get a better look. She could see a few squad agents, but nothing else.
    "I think they have special guns or something. What do you think we should do?" She asked Peter and Mohinder.

21. chanbill5390

Jul 12, 2007

"Ruth I want you to charge up, when the sprinklers go off I want you to put up a wall of ice three feet thick ok?" Chandler asked her. He proceeded to turn to the page where he'd drawn the fire, he then placed it on the floor, it wasn't long before the sprinklers activated to put out the sudden flare. "Ok Ruth now!" he shouted as the room around them became soaked. He then proceeded to draw door in his sketchbook. Instantly a door appeared in the wall behind them. "Once we have that wall up we can get out through that door." he told everyone as he prepared the rest of the escape plan. "I think we might even break in one of my asian style dragons for this one. It might help us get away a little faster, plus it adds a nice little touch to our escape." he added with a smile.

TAG: Ruth, other Heroes

22. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    IC: Peter, Suresh
    Time: 3:30

"Chandler a door works both ways, they'll follow us but its time to make a stand. " Peter said, he signal for Suresh to take cover. Just then two agents smashed through an employees exit. Their guns had the catalyst bulllets, the two agents began to fire. Manyy quickly put up a dome around them, Peter aided him. He then began to manipulate his new power, manipulating water. He took a chunk of of the ice wall, the long end up it was sharp like a spear. He then swung his arm around using his kenesis hje impaled one of the agents into the wall. The second agents began to shoot again the dome blocked the bullets. However at just that moment Lenny entered the shop.

Tag: ALL

23. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    OOC: I can play as both my characters in one go right? I've never had two characters in one RPG before.

IC: Ruth and Lenny
    3:31
    Comic shop, Tokyo

"Nobody is going anywhere Ruth" Lenny said evenly. "Hand over Suresh, let me kill Petrelli, and you and the others might be allowed to live."
    Ruth froze, not knowing how to react.
    "Can't you see?" Lenny continued, "These people are criminals. All they do is destroy what we strive to build for the good of the world. Just come over here and I can make all of this go away."
    Ruth bit her lip. She had tried to block everything to do with Lenny out, she had avoided sleep because it made her mind drift back to what they had together. But it was all a lie, wasn't it? If it was, then there was no way she would get dragged in like that again.
    "SHUT UP!" She screamed, pulling down a jet of water, freezing it into a disc and throwing it at Lenny.
    In an instant he was behind her and grabbed her into a head lock.
    "Suprised? I have many talents Ruth. Some a bit more.....unexpected than others." He turned to the group.
    "Now, hand over Suresh."

edit: Sorry, quick re-do

TAG: any in store

24. DarthCemeroX

Mar 28, 2007
    OOC:pOsting as two at once is great much easier

IC: Peter, Suresh
    Time: 3:32

Peter froze for a moment he had Ruth. He looked to see the others were all occupied with the agents. He saw that Lenny had super speed, he had no time to copy it. However a bluff would do just fine, time froze. Peter walked over behind Lenny and grabbed him in a head lock. He released time. Lenny gasped. He thought Peter had just copied his gift so easily, "How did her do that"Lenny thought. Peter heard Lenny think, he did a fairly good job at spooking him. " Let her go, traitor"

25. Twinky_Stryder

Nov 16, 2003
    IC: Ruth and Lenny
    3:33
    Comic shop, Tokyo

Ruth struggled against Lenny's grip but he still managed to hold on tight.
    "I'm no traitor. I'm helping make the world a safer place. You may have gotten many abilities, you sponge, but the man I work for is ten times more powerful than you will ever be."
    As he was distracted, ruth kicked her leg up. Lenny moved to avoid it, but let go of Ruth's neck in the process. She formed up a small ice spear and pointed it at Lenny.
    "Give me one, VERY GOOD, reason why I shouldn't kill you?" She said. Lenny half smiled at her.
    "Because you're not a killer Ruth. A fighter, yes, but not a killer. And you don't have to be. Help me bring these people in and I will make it so that you're in a position where you can reall make a difference to lives." He said, imploringly.
    "I said a good reason, not some rubbish." She said. Lenny fixed his eyes straight at her face.
    "How about a truth then. I love you."
    "Shut up!"
    "I'm not lying Ruth, look at me. I've done some terrible things in my time, hurt a lot of people. But you were the one thing I thought it was worth it for. I never had to pretend how I felt. Look at me." He said. Ruth paused, then looked at him. He was a scumbag, yes, but he wasn't lying this time. Somehting in his eyes just told her that.
    What do I do? She thought bitterly, still holding the spear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.