main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph 'Heroes' sequel miniseries coming to NBC in 2015

Discussion in 'Community' started by WhiteAndBlue, Sep 2, 2009.

1. Sith_Sensei__Prime

Sith_Sensei__Prime Chosen One star 6

May 22, 2000
    I thought last night's episode was pretty good. Although, I still wish this show would establish a central character to anchor everything. I feel it's going to be Noah Bennett but it's hard to tell right now as the story is literally all over the map.

Other than Sylar, the series has suffered from a great villain. So far, this "reborn" series has yet to have on either, but I thought the Cerebro like machine was interesting even though I felt like it was ripping off the X-Men.

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Save the cheerleader's children, save the world.

Sith_Sensei__Prime likes this.
  3. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, the last one was the best episode of the season as things are coming together, finally.

I was wondering how they would handle the cheerleader. She may heal quickly, but she's no Wolverine.

I'm looking forward tonight's episode as this season is now getting to the juicy parts.

[​IMG]

4. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    A lot of juicy nuggets fell out of last night's episode. Now we know what caused the path the characters are now walking on. Hopefully the story will now move forward in a more linear manner as many of the mysteries and questions were answered, such as why the cheerleader isn't around to be a hero.

5. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    So "The Haitian" is alive again. I guess HRG didn't kill him in the "new" timeline.
    It's cool to see Micah again and that he's grown up, but I honestly don't remember where his story concluded in the original series. I just remember Ali Larter's character trying to protect him all the time, but that's about it.

6. Sniper_Wolf

Sniper_Wolf Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 26, 2002
    Entertaining series so far. Not redefining the genre, but after rewatching some of the first half of season three of the original ( [face_sick] ) the writers do not have a hard time to outdo the later season of Heroes.

7. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Yeah, I don't recall what happen to Micah either. You'd think since his powers are the ability to communicate and manipulate electronics and digital information he would know if someone was after him. I think of Micah being like a Magneto type of Evo in this day and age.

The Haitian does bring up some questions. Maybe HRG will find out was he was trying to kill him.

I guess no one will be getting a penny for their thoughts anymore.

Freaking Parkman.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  8. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    I gave up after Ep 2 - anyone still watching?

9. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Is it back on? I watched up through the mid-season break. It wasn't terribly good, but it wasn't as bad as the last season or two, either.

10. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I don't think it has come back from the winter break yet. I'll be watching it when it returns. Although, it was frustrating to watch most of the season as the plot line was meandering about without the characters inter-linking or knowing what their purpose were.

11. jabberwalkie

jabberwalkie Jedi Master star 4

Dec 2, 2014
    It has, last night (it airs Thursdays right?) was a new episode.

12. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    :oops:

My DVR didn't record it. I'll see if I can catch On Demand or something.

Thanks!

jabberwalkie likes this.
  13. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    Word around the internets is that NBC has chosen not to renew for a 2nd season. I wish I could say that I'm surprised, but it failed to capture any magic of the original season. I'm not mad I gave it a shot though. Oh well. 1 or 2 more left I think.

14. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    I think there's only two more episodes left.

I'm not all surprised that there won't be a season 2 to Heroes Reborn as it took a long time for the show to get any traction and so I'm sure a large portion of the audience dropped off. However, the last episode was one of the better ones this season as there is a clear direction and purpose for most of the characters and the plot is building to the climax. I enjoyed the call backs to the original show, such as the comic book artist that could foresee the future.

The things that really irked me about the show is the heroes never really did the traditional heroic stuff after season one.

15. TiniTinyTony

Mar 9, 2003
    * End of Volume *

And that's it, the end of the story....with a cliffhanger! Thanks, Tim Kring. An unsatisfying series ends with an unsatisfying end. Fitting, I supposed. Goodbye, thread. See you in another 4-5 years maybe.

16. Sith_Sensei__Prime

May 22, 2000
    Agreed. A fitting end for a poorly constructed TV series.

Heroes as a series was very frustrating to watch, as it was trying to be super hero version of the LOST TV show. However, it just couldn't pull it off. Instead, week after week, Heroes was just quagmire of meandering tangent subplots (for misdirection, mystery and whatnot) and forgettable characters that ultimately all becoming non sequitur. I wouldn't expect Vol. 2 of Reborn to be any different so I'm glad it ended as it saves myself for enduring another season of disappointment and frustration.

I was hoping Reborn was drop that "LOST" method of story telling caused the show to be cancelled in the first place and tell a more linear and straight forward story, with heroes actually doing heroic stuff instead of running and hiding. Moreover, I was hoping there would be a big bad super villain, but that didn't happen. Although, ending of the Reborn teased that the twins father would have been that. However, I'm sure it would have been just more trend mill story telling.

TiniTinyTony likes this.
  17. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    watched every episode of this, I didn't entirely hate it because some of the twists were wonky enough to be entertaining. The brother and sister and the sister who goes crazy dark and he eventually shoots her out a window was ... unexpected. I actually liked Evil Matt Parkman and how his plotline literally ended with him howling in insane laughter. A lot of the series is Noah Bennett, kicking ass and taking names and I do find that compelling. However, he's unfortunately sidelined for the final few episodes and then when they bring him back, he's exploded to save the world? Huh?

I'm not going to call it a complete waste, and it was interesting to see the Heroes world fallout after Claire revealed herself at the end of the last season. But like a lot of later day Heroes, I just wish it was ... better.

And since Sylar is a shapeshifter and all, I was hoping the one girl's boyfriend who had the telekentic powers would turn out to be Slyar. Also I was really hoping there was a return of Claire (they couldn't get Hayden Pennitere for an afternoon). And I was hoping that Claire hadn't actually died but it was a reverse fake-out because, c'mon, Claire is freakin' invincible. But, nope, she died. In childbirth. Off screen.

Still, due to Heroes at times insanely wacky plotting involving mind wipes and time travel, I thought the notion that her kids were grown up in the past was kinda cool. And Hiro telling the baby who took his time travel powers "Very bad baby." That was funny.