main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Heroes (Spoilers Allowed) - Episodes PAST the Australian release.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    Im gonna use spoilers, so if u havent seen up to (as of this writing) episode 17, then u should stop reading.

ok?

You had your chance.

Episode 17 was the best episode currently aired. i was close to welling up Im not ashamed to admit. Brilliant acting, brilliant effects and one of the best written shows in a long time. There is a VERY good chance this will overtake the west wing as my fav show ever!

it was great seeing the Invisible Man before he went all grungy, i liked the origins of bennet and....Holy crap Hiro's dad is in on this whole thing?!? WOAH! i wonder if his sister is as well??? This is rerally incredible.

i found it interesting that Lyle wasnt in any of the flashbacks, not even mentioned! Where does HE come from in the Bennets lives!?

U know i didnt think anything could top Episode 16 (Peter flew!!!) but this one kicked its butt!

2. Kehleyr

Kehleyr Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 22, 2001
    ahah glad to see you enjoying this show!!!

I watched it last night and I was definitely experiencing the waterworks at the end, brilliant writing and acting, the twists are just breathtaking.

3. Telpefac

Telpefac Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    I know eh! And you know the girl who can email/instant message on her own. I was wondering why she wasn't with them at the house. I swear she was going to because i thought i saw it in 16 when they got there.

And I wonder who that guy is who is above bennett. I'm suprised that Bennett actually believe that invisible man was dead considering he didn't see the dead body and I presume if he died he'd no longer be able to be invisible.

I reckon Peter'll go over the edge now Simone is dead. Dammit, hurry up next week.

At least lost is waiting for me :D

4. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Apparently after 18 they're on hiatus or some crap :(

the guy above Bennett: I bet that's Linderman. Just a hunch...

5. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000
    I thought Hiro would be a weee bit more excited about the idea of him getting his powers back. Instead he was more excited about the car not being scratched ... anyways, I don't think he got his powers back -- I believe it was someone else (Ando..?), given that it was the bullet and not time that reversed (and he already established that he can't go back in time and change what's happened, so he couldn't go back in time and stop the gun from firing, etc).

And so now we start seeing the good (Peter) turning to the dark side, and the evil (Mr Bennett) being redeemed...

Oh, and that whole thing about Darwin and selective breeding of pigeons (which he didn't do, btw) -- if that wasn't foreshadowing ... mark my words: all the heroes will be long lost brothers / sisters / sons / daughters / mothers / fathers / etc.

anyways [/rant]

6. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Hiro didnt realise his powers had worked. He thought that she had been stopped from shooting by the other guy. He has no idea that his powers work

But am i the only one who believes that his powers work fine, and that he is having trouble because he has imposed a mental block on himself after what happened to Charlie?

7. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

But do his powers come back ... ?

Watch it again -- does time actually rewind? IMHO: No. The bullet actually re-enters the gun with so much force that it knocks the gun out of her hand. That wouldn't happen just by rewinding time. That's some major telekinesis. Something (someone) pushes the bullet back in with enough force to send it flying.

Which is why I'm thinking Ando was involved. Maybe. Or someone we didn't see.

But my money is on Ando having some kind of power.

In Heroes, as in Lost, there is a point to everything. Ando is with Hiro for a reason. Perhaps, just perhaps, you are meant to think that Ando is the helpless sidekick, while he is in fact working for Hiro's father to help protect Hiro.

Ando (or someone else) simply made it appear that time re-wound.

My 2c worth.

8. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    i kinda hope Ando doesnt have powers, and isn't in on the whole thing...but episode 18 makes me awefully suspicious that he will. His appearance as the security guard is awefully conveient. Ah well. Hiro has his powers 'back' and thats a good thing.

I thought it was interestig that when Hiro and Ando go to the future, u can still clearly see cars moving around the city in the background.
    Maybe they can' stop the explosion....but is there anyone there to be hurt by it? I guess we'll see.

Nathan....self obcessed? Probably, but i cant help but feel that he is a good person deep down. I can't explain why.

Bennet is caught, and where is his wife? awkward....

Pete and Nathans mum is in on it, and pulling the strings of the haitian! Didnt see that one coming, I gotta tell ya.

And Peter is gonna kick Sylars ASS! He has access to Clares healing so his head will be fine, he already has all Sylars powers, plus he's just absorbed a couple of new ones with Sylar being in the room (the super hearing and making stuff into goo...or whatever that other power is.

And now we're on Hiatus! Gah!

9. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

So what are the odds that Sylar will be redeemed and turned good and Peter will turn evil ... ?

10. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Low.

The heroes journey has already begun for Peter.

11. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
    and no eps for another 6 weeks, damn hiatus periods :(

12. Telpefac

Telpefac Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 5, 2002
    Man i was glad that suresh (spelling?) worked out that Sylar was Sylar. It was really irking me that he was being played.

And yeah, I hope Ando doesn't have powers as well. There's already enough main heroes as it is :)

I also agree that Nathan isn't truely thinking just about himself, its just the situation he's in that he has to be how he is

There's no way Sylar can become good, he's too power hungry.

13. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

OK, having seen ep 18 of Hiro's now, I have to say it's pretty unlikely Sylar is on the wagon any time soon.

But I am more convinced about Ando. He just happens to show up at the exact right time and place .. ?

There's more to Ando than we know about yet. Not to mention all the other family revelations.

It is becoming more and more of a soap opera, though. Granted, scientifically speaking, it's far more likely that all of these people would actually be related - but ... good science, bad fiction.

14. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    Lyle wouldntve been in the flashbacks because hes calirs younger brother. But the bennets were trying to conceive b4 claire so maybe there's some explanationg for lyle. I doubt it. I think he's coucher.

And Yeh Peter should be able to whoop sylar's ass, but he hasnt got control of all his powers, so itll be an interesting fight. But i think Sylar is too cool of a plot point for them to just be victorious over.

Little Hiro is so cute!!! And I totally agree that Hiro's powers ARE working, he's just demoralised and wont use them. Poor guy. I dont think Ando's in on it/got powers. At least I hope not.

Whta Im loving at the moment is the wasy everything is interconnected. Everyone's related. Not necessarily united.... but related. Damn haitus....

15. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    See, originally I thought Ando was in on it for the same reason as u did Oz; he just happened to be a guard ijn the right place? But as someone at work pointed out; why the whole sidetrip with the woman? and the sidetrip with Nikki earlier on? We have seen Ando in other situations by himself, so i dont see why he would be in on it. In fact id be a little annoyed if he was. Well....maybe slightly. Like Hiros dad has him calling him about hiros actions or soemthing.

Be interesting to see if Hiro and Andos future trp makes a difference to Andos persepctive then.

more later, tired now.

16. Darth_Berserker

Darth_Berserker Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 12, 2005
    what episode are we up to now, because i think i myte be going out tonight and i know a site where i can watch them online and want to know whee australia is up to. thnx

17. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    Distraction.

Ando, working for Hiro's father, is trying to sidetrack Hiro from his "quest."

Don't you think Hiro's father gave in just a little bit too easy? He tracks down Hiro half-way around the world, comes to drag him home, then just lets him walk away because Hiro makes a heartfelt speech ?

What better protection for your son than someone who can literally stop bullets with his mind ... ?

Ando is in up to his neck. Mark my words. Don't fall for his silly sidekick schtick. After all, look at all the revelations in ep18 (and the series so far) -- it's the signature of the series: people aren't who we thought they were ... Ando is just another one, and it will be revealed somewhere down the line, when they're ready.

18. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    You're [probably right, but u say the side trips are a distraction....for whom? Hiro wasnt there when he went to Nikkis, and he wasnt there when Ando was talking to the woman in the car.

Also thebullet thing: Hiros powers allow him to control Space and Time. Its not inconcevable he reversed the time around the bullet and thus it reversed into the gun. I still think thats whats happened.

I agree that him showing up as the security guard is awefully convenient and he is probably in on it to some degree, but if so i think it is somewhat inconsistently shown.

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    heroes starts agaon...tonight in the US? Tomorrow Night?

20. Kehleyr

Jul 22, 2001
  21. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Episode 19 -

"You!" - To Hiro or to Ando? One wonders! And the answer is important, since future Hiro sounded PISSED!

Nathan - Does he really want to do good in the wold? My answer isyes, he just hasnt figured out he should sacrifice himself, and not others!

Micahs task - u got me. But Jessica and DL are gonan go woop some ass!

And finally: Isaac see's the future. the explosion WILL happen. Nathan WILL be President. And if what he's saying about the comic is true, then Isaac has told them how to take down Sylar.

AWESOME episode. who else is curious about Pete and Nates Mums power!?!?!?

22. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    yeah, the mum's power... what is it? I thought it mightve been healing (like, healing someone else) when she asked to be alone with Peter. But then she just cried. Lame.

Future Hero is a real time jumper. What is he doing there/then?

23. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    Future Hiro is going to kick present Hiro's ass bootcamp style.

24. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

... assuming it is Hiro.

There are at least three other characters that it could be:

1. Candice - the shapeshifter, posing as Hiro.

2. Peter - has absorbed Candice's shapeshifting abilities, survived the blast, is in hiding, and is disguised as butt-kicking Hiro.

3. Sylar - has killed & absorbed Candice's abilities, and is presenting himself as Hiro.

And who knows which one of those possibilities (if any) is better five years down the track.

25. Shadowfire

Jul 14, 1998
    I'm banning you from this thread Oz for excessive thinking about things.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.