main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Heroes (Spoilers Allowed) - Episodes PAST the Australian release.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    YEAH, CRAP THAT HADNT EVEN OCCOURED TO ME....

2. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

This is why people don't like watching tv / movies with me ...

[face_worried]

3. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    Phwoar! Shapeshifting complicates the plot by about a thousand times.

I'm also intrigued by the idea that Peter could blow up Ney York and live to tell the tale. It'd be like... little bits of him everywhere just flopping there way back to one another or something... hehe good image.

4. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    Ok, so im talking about the episode thats set five years into the future.

So.

I have some problems with the timeline. Yes, future Hiro goes back in time (from post apocalyptic New York) and gets Peter to save the cheer leader. This theoretically equips past hiro with the ability to kill Sylar, who wont have claire's healing power.

So theoretically everything that we know to have happened HAS happened.

Ok, wait. Ive just sorted out my own problem. My issue was that everyone was so surprised about the fact that calire was still alive. If they all think she's dead, then presumably they all think she died at the pep rally that sylar was supposed to have killed her at. Except, her dad didnt actually meet her till after that.

Ok wait... now Im confusing mysefl again. Someone help me.

5. Detonating-Rabbit

Detonating-Rabbit Jedi Knight star 5

May 23, 2003
    It's all very simple, mle. And...basically, someone else will explain it in more detail...

6. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    Gee, thanks Deto. Thats real helpful.

7. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Well, i guess it depends on how you view time travel. Hiro warps time and space; its not explained how. So he could travel to otehr realities, or other dimensions in Spacetime. thereofre the future he visited was one where...well, where we saw what happened. Now assuming Hiro goes back to his own dimension and time (which i think he has, because they are running low on episodes) then he can kill sylar, solve all the problems etc etc.

Depending on what page Ando gave Hiro, we can assume that Hiro, or someone stabs sylar. All of Isaacs paintings happen (notice that nathan stood in the exact same spot and pose as Isaacs painting). every single one has come true. therefore, sylar DOES get stabbed. However we HAVE NOT SEEN THE NEXT PAGE! Thats important to remember; just because he's shown being stabbed, doesnt mean hes shown dying.

Some other points to consider:

- As i said every one of Issacs paintings happened; he painted the explosion.
    - Peter can heal, but has a scar in the future. Assuming he still saved Claire (And shes still alive so Im guessing he did) then why didnt the scar heal?
    - in episode 2, Hiro is in Isaacs apartment when the bomb explodes; another indication it WILL go off.
    -Peters vision where he explodes had several inconsistancies; Claire is in her cheerleading outfit, Matt is in his LAPD uniform, though neither would be wearing them in NYC. the city seems to be deserted, even empty. and the invisible man was there laughing, so either he's nuts, or he knows

8. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    I just watched ep 20...I love how everyone gets sexier in the future! Well, except Parkman :p

I think the vision Peter has of blowing up, as Scream described, where Claire's in her uniform etc, was more of a dream - very stylised, showing how everyone was connected maybe? Rather than an actual depiction of the future.

Okay, I'll come back with more theories once I've fixed this drool leak I seem to have...

9. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    I get the whole time-space warping thing. But i dont think he would travel to an alternate future. It makes sense that the future he would travel to would be the future which would exist if he did nothing to interfere from the point in time when he left (and by interfere i mean.. with the knowledge that he gains from the future, other interference would be what he wouldve done anyway...)

The scar is interesting. Maybe he got it when the hatian was around? then again why wouldnt he heal it later? Perhaps they found something that he couldnt heal from, which might explain his severe invisibility.

Also, Jessica/Nikki. Well, Nikki. Peter said that Jessica was gone. Whats up with that? And whats Mika's power?

I agree the vision was a dream. I dont think it was meant to be a true representation of the future.

Good point about the paintings tho. That means the bomb will go off. Unless he can change the past even further back and stop isaac painting them. Problem with time travel is it complicates the plot plenty. *sigh*

10. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

I think the plot is getting too complicated for its own good.

Meanwhile, I prefer the morally ambiguous Sylar to the serial-killer Sylar. And I'm still leaving some money on Sylar being redeemed at some point. Maybe in the Vader sense. Or maybe the Gollum sense. But I have a hunch that he's going to help save the world in some way -- even if he doesn't mean to.

11. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003

Mika can manipulate machines and stuff...like he can 'convince' a broken phone to work, and an ATM to give him other people's money.

12. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    Oh. thats an awsome power. Thatd be super handy and relatively easy to conceal.

I dont think Sylar is morally ambiguous... unless uve seen an episode ahead of me. The one i just watched he was planning to wipe out all the special people so hed be the only one with powers. If that aint evil... well then hitler was probly a nice bloke.

13. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    Ok, im up to date now, I see what you mean.

14. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Anyone else feel sorry for and freaked out by Sylar in episode 21? I seriously though "aww, poor guy" and then flipflopped to "Arrrgh!" in the space of two seconds.

I know that's probably what they were going for, but ... *shudders*

And Mamma Petrelli! She's really is the devil in the details! Still want to know her power...

15. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    While i agree that its hard to see where its all going to go, especially with only 2 episodes left, the series has definitely had a feeling to me of being tightly helmed. There have been no real throw away episodes or boring moments. I watched a lot oft he older ones agin today, and unlike watching LOST the second time around, this time i was enjoying them just as much. i really feel like they had a set plan and timeline for this season, and that it shows. i know the Tim Kring, the creator, came back to write (and maybe direct) the series finale, entitled "How to stop an exploding man"

Its a shame that not everyone will survive. Peter or Nathan will go (My money is on Peter; Nathan was seen as president in Issacs painting), DL is probably a goner and Parkmanis 50/50 on surviving. Clare and Hiro will be fine, as will ANdo and Nikki/Jessica Id say. Bennet is also 50/50.

Thats based soley on my own guesswork, not spoilers.

16. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000
    But was that Nathan, or Sylar posing as Nathan? We saw Sylar as Nathan as President, so technically that supports Isaac's painting (and Sylar's own painting).

And we also don't know who would be a better president: Sylar or Nathan.

After all, Nathan was in bed with the bad guys. He was in on the plot to blow up half the city.

Sylar, on the other hand, is happy to kill mutants, but apparently not so keen on killing non-mutants.

And if Nathan dies during the explosion, then it is Sylar, not Nathan, that leads the city in the aftermath.

It's a one them moral dilemmas -- which devil would you rather as president: the guy who kills mutants for power, or the guy who kills a few million people for power?

17. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I'm not sure. Sylar is clearly nuts, as shown when he was showing off to his Mum. His stability is clearly....well in serious question at the very least.

Deep down i think Nathan wants to do the right thing, and i think he'll end up redeeming himself somehow.

18. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    And Nathan was just doing what his Mum told him. Unlike Sylar who killed his mum. And the way a boy treats his mum is a big indicator of what kind of a guy he is.

Ok Ill stop.

Why do you think Ando will be safe? I reakon Ando's a goner.

19. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Possibly,. but the Hiro/Ando dynamic is a stong one, and they would have to be very very sure of what they're doign before they lose it. its not impossible, but i just think he'll be fine...

20. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

NBC has just announced a spin-off series called HEROES: ORIGINS, which will start off as a six-episode series with none of the original cast from HEROES. They are also going to let fans vote to decide which one of the new batch of mutants in ORIGINS will cross over to become a regular on HEROES ...

21. PulsarSkate

Nov 4, 2003
    Sweet!

Okay, so I just read the recap for Episode 22 - Landslide over at Television without Pity...I know I shouldn't but by the power of greyskull! There's some crazy turns in this one!

22. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    They seem to be running out of bad guys.

23. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    Bah.

Weak ending.

24. mle

Nov 16, 2003
    I agree.

However. Hiro in the past. Is it just me or is the guy on the horse hiro's dad?

25. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    maybe, but i think itwill be Hiro himself, or a new character.
    possibly Kensei

i liked it all the way. my only real complaint was Sylars 'escape' and the way he did nothing to stop Hiro stabbing him. Otherwise i enjoyed it thoroughly. I think the neding was fortold way back in episode 12. overall a nice ending to a solid first season. S2 has a lot to live up too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.