main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:NSW Heroes (Spoilers Allowed) - Episodes PAST the Australian release.

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by The_Scream_Man, Feb 28, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    yes, the sylar slithering away down a drain thing was a little lame. Nobody saw that? Nobody cared?

The sudden attack of concience by Nathan was the weakness of the ending in my opinion. It was too hollywood. I felt like there really shouldve been a battle, rather than them all staring at the sky.

Thats just me tho.

2. The_Scream_Man

The_Scream_Man Jedi Knight star 5

May 1, 2000
    i think there should have been a battle before he got there, but his arrival was great. As he said to Peter, by Saving clare he had saved the world; she acted as his conscience.

besides which it was fortold way back in episode....13 or 14 I believe that Nathan would save Peter.

Also of note; i was reading today about how all of isaacs paints or drawing were trie except three....so far! even the ones of the explosion! What this writer said was that Issacs paints paint the characters future, not necessarily the future of the world as a whole. He painted the bomb exploding in New York; And for Hiro that DID happen. Therefore he was painting Hiros future at the time. Ditto the painting of Nathan in the White House; that happeend in Hiros future.

also of note (and it wasnt till i saw images that I realised it was true) was that when Sykar painted the explosion in blood, he did so without any buildings in it; it was an explosion in the sky, making this predicition also true.

3. TheOzhaggis

TheOzhaggis Jedi Master star 5

Nov 1, 2000

Ending was a bit ... is that it?

Looking ahead to S2 (pure speculation, no spoilers):

* Nathan & Peter live. (We saw in the "future" that Peter can survive the blast on the ground, so no reason to believe he can't in the air). And there's no reason why Nathan had to be with him when he exploded.

* Hiro = Hensei

* Ando's day will come. And his power will be revealed. ("Why would I want *your* brain?") And why was Ando so positive that Sylar couldn't take his brain...?

* Dare I say it -- is Ando the big bad evil (aka Sauron, the all-seeing eye) that Molly is afraid of? Hiro's determination to save Ando has to pay off in some bigger, more dramatic way. (Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.) And we'll find out what he has planned for Hiro...

* Candice (shapeshifter) is still alive -- the shape she changed back to was not her true form (see earlier episodes) so she must still be alive to maintain the illusion.

* Sylar ... to be honest, he's gotten boring again. He survived -- what a shocker! He'll be back next season -- another shocker! But my prediction: he'll face off against "Sauron," get his arse handed to him on a plate, and play some part in fighting the new big bad evil villain. I still don't think Sylar becoming a "good guy" is out of the question. Or at least better than some others...

* Clearly, the only way for the show to go forward is to follow the X-Men formula: lots of alliances forming and breaking to create new battles with different combos of powers ...

4. mle

mle Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 16, 2003
    Yeh, oz, thats my impression of the ending too.

I was already wrong once about Ando (i said he'd die). So here's me potentially being wrong again... I dont think he'll become a bad guy. I think he'll continue being a sidekick. I think he serves a good human role. And he's a good guy to have to go save. If he does end up with powersI reakon they'll be forced on him rather than he's had 'em all along.

How long till the next series???

5. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Well ...

Heroes (in the US) will return after the American Fall.

But in the meantime, they'll be playing HEROES: ORIGINS -- which is going to be a six-episode series with each episode focusing on a new character (with fans choosing which character will then join the cast of HEROES).

AND, the DVD is slated for release (again, in the US) for August -- and will feature (at least the US version will, but I assume the Oz would too) the unaired 75 minute pilot episode...

That should keep the die-hards a little less grumpy.

6. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    *Peter mayb, but i think Nathan is gone. His character has run its arc i think. And he had to fly Peter up because Peter seems to only be able to use one power at a time, at least so far.

* Probably yes, or at least he will be trained by Hensei. i sort of hope its the second.

* This i don't buy. Im with em; Ando is the sidekick, and hes a GREAT sidekick. Hes my fav character after Peter. And Sylar didnt want his brain because he had no powers.

*again, i don't buy it.

*I'd agree with that. Its a 'comic book', so one punh won't do her in. And as u say, she maintained her illusion form after being knocked out.

*i think Sylar should have died as well, but sadly they disagreed. Ive heard people saying the writers bowed to network pressure to keep Sylar alive, bu i disagree. I think the whole series was very tightly plotted, and all fit together very well. As for him redeeming himself...maybe he'll try, but then that didnt go very well with Mum did it? He's too drunk on power. I think he'll face the Big Bad and get killed.

*Thats the formula for any team book.

7. TheOzhaggis

Nov 1, 2000

Okay, Ando as the Big Bad might be going too far. But I still put money on him having some kind of power. The whole "You're not getting my brain!" and "Why would I want your brain?!" was there for a reason.

Again, I believe he has some sort of telekinesis (which I still believe he used to save himself and Hiro from being shot in the earlier episode when Hiro lost his powers).

8. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Just to put my two...well, five cents in!

On Ando - I always see him as kind of a humanising sidekick character (like Chas in the Constantine TBs). Hiro turned 'bad' when he died, right? Surely, like was pointed out with the Claire/Peter/Nathan dynamic, poor Ando, who's brains are not munch-worthy, is going to stay alive to make sure that Hiro stays true to the cause.

That being said, I can't wait for Hiro to go all badass in the past. Wooo!

Did anyone else notice the flashing in Sylar's eyes? Of all the people he killed (?) and then they went white a la Mystery Sock when he's painting. Did Sylar see his future before dragging himself into the sewers? Anyone got a theory?

I'm a stauch Peter-must-live person too, so it's possible that Nathan flew Pete up above the atmosphere, so that he could go boom, then possibly flew back down to bathe in the Explosion Fried Peter chunks being rained down on everyone :p

Has anyone else read the comics at NBC? They're actually kinda cool.

9. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    He may end up having a power in the future, but if so I suspect that will not be in the initial plan. writers and controllling options change, and i suspect this will be one of those changes if it happens. Id be FLOORED if the orioginal plan is to have ando have a power.

10. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Season 2 begins with a bang!

* Nathan and peter alive, no shocks there. Nathan seems to be in hiding somewhat, and Peters reveal at the end was interesting :)

* Hiro as Kensei; Do we all think thats what will happen?

* the mysterious hooded man; who is the companies Assassin?

* Maya and Alejandro - interesting characters, but i predicted the 'plague' power before they showed it.

All in all a good start!

11. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    Episode 2!

* Hiro as Kensei was an obvious choice, but it looks like he'll be more like Woody to kenseis Quantum (Theres a comic reference no one will get...). i confess i didnt anticipate Kensei being able to heal.

* Did Angela sleep with hiros dad? it seems so, and one then has to wonder....where is Hiros Mum?

* attacked by someone we couldnt see...the return of Claude? i doubt it but it could be. Interesting that Matt didnt seem to use his powers much, nor was he flooded with voices. He's learning control...

* Peter apparently has Nikkis strength and DL's hasing power, which means that he should also have Mollys abaility to find anybody in the world, since they were all in the plaza together. Also whats with the lightning throwing? Is that a version of his radiation powers?

* Nathans beard: What the?!

* So West knows Clares secret, but she is yet to discover his. She knows her dad can fly, whill she wonder if West is another conquest for old Nate? Time will tell...

*The return of the Haitian. i liked that actually, he's a cool character.

*So Maya is a plague spreader, and alejandro can neutralise it, but only if he's close by. a curious power, i wonder if there is a specific timeframe to it? And can he cure all disease, or just hers?

All in all, not a bad episode.

12. The_Scream_Man

May 1, 2000
    I liked the episode myself. I hadnt thought of the good peter/evil peter emulating Nikki/jessica but thats not a bad idea. Nikki giving herself to the company is a strange move, though i guess wanting to be rid of her power makes sense in some ways. HWile she has gotten rid of the Jessica Persona (Or at least thats what the end of last season had me believe) she would still have to be VERY careful with her strength. One moment of anger and she has broken Micah or something else irreversibly.

Im kind of liking the Hiro in japan story actually. In fact......ok, Im going WAY out on a limb here... What if Nathan WASN't Clares dad. Now, its been awhile since i watched season 1, but i definitely remember it was Sulu who handed Bennet the baby Clare.....what if Hiro brought her back into the future, and she is the child of Kensei and Sword girl? Eh, I dunno, maybe im just way off.

I didnt actually mind West and Clares flight; If nothing else it showed a Hero finally enjoying their ability. I mean Nathan could fly but didnt seem to enjoy it, which is kinda nuts. If I could fly Id love it and impress hot girls with it as well! Pklus he's being tracked which is how Clare will get found out Im sure.....and in the background of Bennetts death painting, Clare is seen kissing someone. He's goingt o assume it's West, so there will be angst. And Bennett Angst often is fairly violent. Good times!

13. Shadowfire

Shadowfire Jedi Master star 4

Jul 14, 1998
    There is no way Claire can be the daughter of the Japanese woman in the past. It is possible that she is the daughter of Kenzei though, but if so, who's the mum?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.