1. Oh hai Guest!

Welcome to the RPF!

NSWRPF Archive Heroes vs. Villains Rpg (Marvel RPG)

Discussion in 'Non-Star Wars Role Playing Archive' started by Dylan910, Feb 17, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dylan910 Jedi Knight

star 1
    RULES
    You can choose to be any superhero or super villain in the Marvel Universe, as long as they:
    Are NOT deities, gods, or people such as Death. People like Thanos and Silver Surfer and Captain Marvel and Galactus are okay, though...

Are true to the personality and abilities of the character, such as no Cyclops moving planets with his optic blasts, Dazzler defeating Galactus, or Aunt May as Galatus's new Herald...

This is a working environment, so you can travel to different places using your powers or vehicles. Don't miraculously pop up unless you're a teleporter or such...

You can reside in any place in the Marvel Universe. You can also travel off-planet, to such places as the Skrull homeworld...

Don't do anything RANDOM like chopping off board user's heads or what not, unless your a villain chopping off inanimate victims heads, then whatever, go with it, as long as it's not technically RANDOM

If you want to take part in this, send a message to me or any other future game mods. You will need to fill out the application at the bottom of the page.

You can form supervillain gangs, superhero teams, alliances, the works

You should have a hideout of some sort, at least in the beginning when your not traveling

If you get killed, re-spawn somewhere else like in a hospital or morgue or whatever. Keep playing...

There can be a number of stories going on at once, using different people

Act like your characters, ASSUME their traits and personalities

There are endless places to go and endless things to do: ENDLESS possibilities so get creative...

There are limits to time travel, do NOT time travel unless you have
    talked to one of the Gamemasters

No obscene topics!

People who disobey these rules, some more major than the others, will get taken of the roster

If a player decides to kill off their character, new players must have permission from the previous player (if he is still in the RPG) to resurrect that character

if you don't post in two weeks without prior notice, you are scrubbed from the roster...

You may ask special permission to use two characters if we think you are worthy.

when somebody begins talking, you make a new paragraph EXAMPLE:

"Hello Iron Man," said Fin Fang Foom.
    "Hello Fin Fang Foom," said Iron Man. "Nice weather today."
    "Yes."

and NOT:
    "Hello Iron Man." said Fin Fang Foom. "Hello Fin Fang Foom." said Iron Man. "Nice weather today." "Yes."

In the natural order of things, with paragraph breaks, I can tell who is talking. Without, I can't. Please make a note of this. Thank you.

Main Plots

Game Mods

Dylan910

THE ROSTER

HEROES ROSTER

Nick Fury- Dylan910

VILLAINS ROSTER

Venom-Dylan910

REST IN PIECE
    The Dead List

Application

Screen Name:

Character you would like to play on Earth:

Powers:

Three reasons why you have chosen that character:

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG:

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG:

If you have any questions ask me or any future game Mod
  2. Dylan910 Jedi Knight

star 1
    first to join becomes assistant game mod
  3. R_Zion Force Ghost

star 4
    Seems as though I've seen this game before...

http://boards.theforce.net/non_star_wars_role_playing/b10755/26194231/p1/?29

Giving it another go?
  4. Dylan910 Jedi Knight

star 1
    yeah do u wanna join
  5. nancyallen Jedi Master

star 4
    Hey all, beg your pardon if this is to be sent over PM rather than posted here. I think I have just the character to play as in this RP here.

Screen Name: nancyallen

Character you would like to play on Earth: Frank Castle, aka The Punisher

Powers: The Punisher possesses the normal human strength of a man who engages in rigorous regular physical exercise. Frank Castle engages in a brutal regimen of calisthenics, katas and firing range practice daily, maintaining his combat skills. He possesses an exceptional ability to tolerate pain, allowing him to undergo surgery without anesthesia and to keep functioning despite injuries that would incapacitate an ordinary man. Armed solely with conventional weapons and motivated by a fanatical hatred for criminals like those who murdered his family, the Punisher has single-handedly incapacitated up to a dozen well-armed and experienced opponents in a single encounter and escaped almost uninjured. It is his military training and his attention to detail that allows him to achieve this. His skills are such that he has repeatedly battled super-powered foes and come out victorious, despite his own lack of superhuman abilities.

The Punisher is a seasoned combat veteran of exceptional skills. A former U.S. Marine Captain with a distinguished combat record, Castle underwent sniper (his second tour in Vietnam was served as a sniper) and reconnaissance training while in the Corps. He also received U.S. Navy SEAL, UDT (Underwater Demolition Team), LRRP (Long Range Recon Patrol) training and airborne training with the U.S. Army and U.S. Navy Special Forces. Castle received training, skills and expertise from the Australian Special Air Service Regiment when he was on exchange with Australian military forces operating in South Vietnam during the Vietnam War.

Castle is well-versed in the arts of warfare and hand-to-hand combat, his styles of choice being Nash Ryu Jujutsu (the four-style martial art founded by his Sensei Adam Nash) and the Marine Corps LINE combat system. He is an exceptional knife fighter who carries up to 3 or 4 different types of edged weapons, preferring the knife he learned to fight with in the USMC: the KA-BAR.

1. The Punisher has such an unyielding brutality in dealing with people such as murderers, rapists, psychos, slavers and soldiers for hire that you cannot help but think someone should do something like that in the real world.

2. Writer Garth Ennis tackles sensitive issues full force, such as Eastern European slavers forcing women into prostitution, and as well as portraying Castle punish those responsible for these atrocities we go into effect these things have. "All she could do is live what life they left her," Punisher sums up on one of the victims. This goes into other territory as well, from the open to interpretation hallucinations Castle has in the Born series to him reflecting on a dream he has of him growing old and still having his wife and children to rationalizing on vigilantism, kind of warning against it.

3. His game would give the likes of Jack Thompson kittens. The comics, as mentioned, has scenes where Castle strings someone up and has their guts dripping onto them when they are still alive, and the game goes as far as the censors would allow in portraying the same kind of viciousness. At the same time you really get a feel for Castle's psyche, such as hearing voices of his children or people he's encountered or the pleading of one of his victims triggering a memory (a gangster screaming "I ain't ready for a coffin!" will make Castle flash back to the funeral of his wife and kids, then reply "No one really is" and kill him or "It's still waiting for you" and let him go). And let's face it, who hasn't wanted to drill, drown, decapitate, torture, maim, slaughter and burn some scumbag?

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I believe that I can very much get into the mind of The Punisher, get under his s
  6. Dylan910 Jedi Knight

star 1
  7. loneclonehunter Jedi Knight

star 1
    (I was confused as to if I was supposed to Pm it to you or just post it, so I am sorry if i am wrong)

Application

Screen Name: LoneClonehunter

Character you would like to play on Earth: Tony Stark A.k.a Iron Man

Powers: Suit of metal that keeps his heart beating, energy blasts that fire from his palms, flight via booster jets in boots.

1. I have read most of his comics

2. He is, in my opinion, the smartest and most powerful of all super heros

3. I like the fact that he is not truly a super hero, but a man who made his power

I think that I could bring a new perspective to Tony Stark and his alias Iron Man. I also think that I would be a good addition because I have had a lot of experience with other Rp sites.

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: 1-3 times (school and homework)
  8. Dylan910 Jedi Knight

star 1
    ok i've been away from my computer for quite awhile now and im back

if the already regitered want to start well thats fine, if not then tell me and their characters will mbe up for grabs
  9. MandalorianLegecy Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Application

Screen Name: Mandalorian legecy

Character you would like to play on Earth: Spider Man

Powers: Spider Sense, Web powers, Climbing Walls

1. I all ways loved Spider Man

2. I've read mostly ever Marvel Comic, mostly Spider Man

3. I love the Marvel RPG's

Write two complete sentences using proper English grammar explaining what you think you can bring to the RPG: I love marvel and spider man, and when its in a RPG its AWESOME. So I would like to be apart of this being my favorite charecter SPIDER MAN!

How many times do you intend on posting a DAY IN the RPG: As many times people respond to my post. Or they say Anyone and im around. From 7:45 to 2:45 on Monday through Friday I will be at school.
  10. scotttheruler24 Jedi Padawan

scotttheruler24
    colossus
    able to make his body into organic steel

1. because he is a person i would like to be
    2. because i like the color silver
    3. and finally because he dates one of the hottest girls ever

i can bring colossus back to life and that is a good thing because he was one of the nicest X-man ever. i can also bring the power this game needs with the help colossus of couse.
  11. scotttheruler24 Jedi Padawan

i can play it about 1-2 times a day.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.