main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heroes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by MoD-Sith, Oct 9, 2006.

1. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Many great scenes, but nothing to weave together so I give a flying flip. Still has a serious gelling problem. Although the preview for the next season looks great! one focused story line reminiscent of (FF whispers) "Save the cheerleader, save the world."

2. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    Yeah what is up with Nathan. and agreed about Hiro and his mom. *sob* very well done.

3. Nerfherders

Nerfherders RMFF Treasurer star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    Just watched the last episode last night. It wrapped up Volume three fairly well, but I got to say it was a weak story. Seemed like people were switching back and forth between good and bad at the drop of a hat. It didnt make sense. The only storyline that did make sense to me was Hiro and his three friends. I have to see the highlight of the entire volume was the comic shop with our friends from Robot Chicken. sweetness!

4. Mistress

Mistress Jedi Knight star 6

Oct 28, 2002
    I am totally caught up now. :D

5. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
    Let the discussion BEGIN!

6. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

okay, here goes.

I think Nathan is possessed by Arthur. His behaviour doesnt make any sense, and I am hoping there is a plot driven purpose behind it and that it is not just bad writing.

I am getting tired of Sylars on again off again evil/good. It makes him much less appealing as a villain. I cannot believe he killed Elle. My guess is the actress herself made that happen by thinking she was important and demanding more money or a bigger trailer.

About the only arc I could stomach towards the end was the Ando/Hiro/Nemesis one...at least its better than the Parkman/Mohinder/Molly one. Speaking of Mohinder, wth? When did he become a villain? And he isnt even a very good one of those. I want him to spin himself a cocoon and stay in it for at least half a season. I used to really like him. :(

It isnt all bad...I love HRG and Claire. Their dynamic fascinates me. I wish he would stop treating her like a child and choose her as his partner...what a team those two would make. [face_thinking]

And why doesnt Peter spend some time with the Haitian and take that power? Because that would make too much sense. :p

okay...all done. :D

7. QueenHighMistress

QueenHighMistress Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 8, 2005
    The only reason for his flip/flop would be his "divine revelation," but I don't even think that's plausible.

I think it made him slightly more sympathetic, but now that he's done the "embrace the evil" act instead of struggling with it, that sympathy is mostly gone. The actress who played Elle was only billed as a guest star, so, I hadda figure she'd be out of the picture sooner or later, and it's clear Sylar blames her and HRG for making him a monster.

I agree, but riddle me this: How did Daphne know the difference between running back in time and running forward in time?!?! I loved 10-year-old Hiro, though! And yay Ando for getting a power!

It really freaked me out when he injected himself with the formula, because I really liked him, too. I see him as the tragic hero of the piece, the one whose own hubris causes his downfall (which is why he doesn't make a good villain -- he isn't one; he's a good guy who made some seriously wrong choices). Now that he's all better, I hope he doesn't keep making the wrong choices, but the Ice Queen picked him up, so I have little hope....

I'm REALLY liking Claire again. There should always be at least one kick-ass teen girl on tv.

Feedback loop. He would cancel out his own power. :p

Speaking of Peter, they still haven't solved the Future-Peter Problem. Peter has to get the time-travel ability back, or the Future Peter could never have come back in time. And now that Hiro doesn't have it (for now -- I wonder how Arthur's death may or may not affect the people he removed abilities from) how the heck can Peter get it back?

8. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Ok first you don't need to highlight because if you haven't been watching stay out of the thread. ;)

OK i like the idea of Nathan being pocessed...but he had decided down in Haiti that he was going team up with dear ole dad...so i am not sure the validation on that one.

As for Kristin Bell (Elle) i think that her demise was to really show JUST how evil Sylar really is. i mean what torked me off is that he was all whining about loss and such to Peter and he had JUST killed the only girl that ever loved him.

oh ass for Molindar...i agree...tragic. I hope that he can 'fix' himself.

oH and i dont' think that claire's bio-mom is dead...just because she blew up the place...she can survive heat so i think she is fine.

9. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002
    I saw all sorts of previous posts blacked out, so I thought that was what you did...my bad. :)

I dont think either Meredith or Sylar are dead. In fact, I'm not even convinced Arthur is dead.

As for Nathan, even though he decided he wanted to ally with his father it still doesnt explain his willingness to betray EVERYBODY and bring them all in for testing (or whatever it was the president agreed to). He would have let his brother die at the end of this episode. That is not the Nathan we have seen since the beginning. Something is going on, I feel it in my gut.

I used to like Mohinder, but am horrified by the decisions he has made ever since he injected himself with his mutant serum. I understood his motivations (kinda) up until that point. I understand that his transformation could be to blame for some of his behaviour...some. The rest is no different than Sylar giving in to his "hunger"...which reminds me.

Sylar. Probably the character I hate and love the most. You cannot believably waffle back and forth between good and evil as a weekly plot angle. It doesnt work. Him becoming a company man and future Sylar and his son...that was gooooood. Having him go back an forth like...well, a little like the pendulum of a grandfather clock, I suppose...that just exhausts me and makes me not care in the least about him. Making him a Petrelli was interesting. Taking it away gives the show a soap opera feel that turns me off.

As far as the time disruption argument...it bothered me at first, but after a while there were so many screwed up time twists I could no longer keep track which future was the one Peter was trying to prevent. Bad science. They should really stop letting them time travel. :p

Someone asked how Nemesis could travel back in time (or know she had)...Theoretically if you go fast enough, you can arrive somewhere before you left...its what makes some people believe time travel (to the past) is possible...theoretically.

And I think Peter could have the Haitians power and retain all of his own. He chooses which one to use (in any given situation). I see his potential powers as suits hanging in a closet. He picks the one he needs and "puts it on". I also think when he injected himself with the formula he got all of his powers back. *shrug*

10. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    NO worries. I am just glad you are all caught up..NOW you can be excited with us when it comes back in January!!! That AND BSG!!!

[:D]

we=dorks. ;)

11. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I just want to know how she immediately knew the difference between running back in time and running forward in time and how to do both.

12. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    oh that is easy...she ran backwards!

13. RubberDuckTape

RubberDuckTape Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 27, 2003
  14. Mistress

Oct 28, 2002

ahh, yes...well I think she figured it out quickly because the writer's wanted her too, lol...but if she did it fast enough, even if it took them "days" to figure it out once they left Isaacs loft, it could still appear instantaneous. Does that make sense?

15. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    Ah, you get the No-Prize today, M! ;)

16. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    nope it is the running backwards...sorry you are all WRONG! :p

17. Jyn

Jyn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 9, 2006
    [face_whistling] Should I go all physics... hmm.. ok.. technically the writers used Einstein incorrectly, his theories state it's only possible to go forward in time, never back. So it's a creative liberty.

18. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    Heroes Hunted? Holy Crow!

Why does this remind me of Marvel's Civil War to some degree? COurse this wouldn't be the first time in comic stories that heroes were hunted. Poor Spidey has been a victim for years but I love the element it gives the story!

I think Tim is delivering on his promise to make up for season 2!

quick notes:

Sylar! still love this bad guy but Ooooooooooo, he burns me up! [face_laugh]
    Nathan! What an @$$ he has become. I want to see Peter clean his clock!
    Hiro! He has got to get his power back!
    Ando-Just too cool! I have liked his character from the beginning.
    Claire! - I love that she is gonna get them all! Vengeance is never pretty. [face_devil]
    Noah! is playing a tricky game. [face_shame_on_you]

Mrs. Petrelli I can't figure her out but MAJOR MANIPULATOR comes to mind. :mad:

Great Ep last nite!

19. anthonymaul

anthonymaul Jedi Master star 4

Mar 22, 2004
    I like the new season so far...

20. Obey Wann

Obey Wann Former RMFF CR & SW Region RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 14, 2000
    This season is starting to make up for the sludge that was season 2. It finally feels like Heroes again. [face_dancing]

21. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    I see you comic geekery and raise you:

I was thinking "Days of Future Past."

22. FanForced

FanForced Jedi Master star 4

Jun 15, 2007
    Yes! This season is kicking arse. Reminds me why I liked the show so much.
    So my favorite new plot: Sylar's punk kid apprentice
    My most hated plot: Claire in any scene with one or both of My Two Dads
    The plot I'm most excited to see develop: Hiro getting his powers back. Hurrrrry!

23. QueenHighMistress

May 8, 2005
    That is getting a little tedious. I wish that would take a turn so it's not just her spitting at them through her teeth all the time. The text message thing has me intrigued, though.

Hiro is just the most awesome, powers or not! His little Ando Lair was too cool.

Do we know if Daphne is dead or not? I couldn't tell.

24. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    I bet she's not dead, it was just Matt needed to go or he would have been next I think.

25. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    I agree about Claire. but i mean really what else CAN she do? her ability is cool, but i mean not like she can shock them or anything. I think the text is from Peter...OR MAYBE grandma?? I am soooo glad she was not willing to help Nathan.

Hiro is great. "A heroes path is never an easy one." Even without his powers...he is so determined to do the right thing. I will send them money for gas. and that Ando still calls her Nemesis. hehehe

and my two dads. [face_laugh] classic.