main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Heroes

Discussion in 'Denver, CO' started by MoD-Sith, Oct 9, 2006.

1. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    Yeah, after tonight's episode, I think you're right. All along I'd been thinking that Nikki was one of the Heroes, but now I'm wondering if it isn't actually DL.

2. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    My 'Beacon', 'Knight in Shinning Armor' has set me straight, the season is not almost over yet I must be thinking of SciFi or Survivor or something. We couldn't NOT watch last nights show & try to re-watch all the others again (just to much to do besides watch tv :(), so we watched it & I'm so happy I did.

Are they really going to kill Nikki off? And I knew 'squeaky' was [face_devil] just not THAT [face_devil] she works for [face_skull] I think he is so scary & now he knows about the cheerleader :eek:

Is it Monday yet?

3. Imperial_Birrer

Imperial_Birrer Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 10, 2003
    Last night was a decent episode. imo it was just a set up episode for the ones to come.still good!

4. jthornto

jthornto Jedi Master star 4

Jan 20, 2005
    I don't think so. She's too main of a character and has too much development possibility for her to die this soon. Although it was very cool to see him reach inside her.
    Did he crunch her heart or what? Freaky! How many times has he done (or thought of) that move before?
    DL's a pretty smart guy. He put 2 + 2 together faster than I expected. Much faster than she did about her bad self.

I never thought I'd hear anybody say that!! But I totally agree. Heroes is one of the best shows out there. Its mysteries are more engaging and revealed at a better pace than Lost. And you gotta laugh everytime you hear that whispered tagline.

5. Doni

Doni Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 6, 2005
    I watched the first two episodes, finally. And I'm going to have to be the bad monkey.

The story is good.

The writing is TERRIBLE. Sorry, has to be said. I really despise being hit over the head with a hammer over and over again because A) the writers don't trust that we actually GET IT, and B) the writers have to constantly rationalize what the characters are doing because they behave either stupidly, inconsistently, illogically, or all of the above.

Probably won't be watching more.

6. MoD-Sith

MoD-Sith Jedi Master star 4

Aug 28, 2003
    if you go to IMBD then it tells you that Sylar is played by Sean Bean, more commonly know as Boromir from LOTR and he is scheduled for 3 episodes and for some wierd reason Ando (Hiros friend) is scheduled for 10 episodes, which is 3 more than anyone else.

7. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    sweet find dude

8. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    i was both excited and a little disappointed by that find, cause i was hoping it was someone that they had already introduced on the show, but he is a good actor and will probably play the part well.

9. nnaydolem

nnaydolem Jedi Master star 6

Nov 8, 2002
    ya know it is nice to have something to look forward to on mondays. :)

10. Kal-El_Kenobi

Kal-El_Kenobi Jedi Master star 3

Feb 28, 2005
    yeah with Heroes and smallville my week goes by much faster

11. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    Greg Grunberg who plays the cop Matt Parkman has put together a Heroes online auction to benefit the Pediatric Epilepsy Project, who's mission is to raise funds, provide financial support and increase community awareness to help sustain the Division of Pediatric Neurology at UCLA.

Each of the actors/actresses in the show was asked to draw their character in the show...with interesting and diverse results. Each of the works of art is up for auction, including a promotional poster.

Currently Hiro's sketch has the highest bid. Visit the auction here.

12. gra-co_o_hun

gra-co_o_hun Jedi Master star 5

May 5, 2005
    The only one worthy is Tim Sale's piece but I like his work anyways from Marvel and DC.

I think it's a great idea though and a certainly worthy cause.

13. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    the last 2 episodes have been kinda boring but really important to the plot, and they introduced the guy that Hiro sees exploding in the first episode, and something big is going to happen, otheriwse they wouldn't be setting up so much stuff.

14. SITH__CHICK

SITH__CHICK Former RMFF CR star 7

Mar 25, 2002
    I felt the same way, hang in there I think it will grow on you & they stop doing that by the 3rd or 4th episode, or I just don't notice it anymore. They do seem to go over, & over that these people are special & treat us like we are stupid & will never figure out what is going on but for a major network to take this risk..... I think they will get it by season 2? :D

15. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    Agreed. most people are pretty clueless and are like HUH? ha ha ha :)

we are not the norm. :D

16. Zoom_Cthooga

Zoom_Cthooga Jedi Master star 6

Jun 30, 2004
    I actually watched it this week, but didn't really see any superpowers. The most of what I saw were people saying, "Oh no! If they found out we could do what we do, we'll be in trouble!"

The whole show had an Another World (daytime soap opera -- grandma used to watch it) kinda vibe to it, but without the disproportionate number of hot chicks. If I'm by a TV on Mondays, I'll try to watch again...otherwise...I might download and watch after I've cleared the next 180 episodes of Naruto in Japanese that I still have to watch. Chico's ahead of me by about 80 episodes. Have to catch up.

17. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005

OH! Speak for yourself, you... you... not the normal person! :D

In order to get mainstream audiences to like this type of story, I believe that you have to beat them over the head somewhat. If they aren't used to comic storyline, then it might be difficult for them to follow it without direction.
    Like Nnay says, this comes easy for us, we breath it often. IMO

18. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I agree. The pacing of the plot can be difficult if you don't follow it from week to week (like many serialized comics) and know the drama between the characters. I almost wish that I could see the thought balloons for some of them. Especially the cheerleader's dad!

So is he a bit less creepy now that we see his motivations for drugging up Isaac to see what's going to happen to his hot daughter? I understand his fatherly instinct to want to protect his daughter, but does he have to be such a freak about it? And why was he trying to kidnap flying Peter? Did he think that Peter would be able to protect his daughter somehow or was there another motive?

The preview for next week seems like the end of the first arc (to use more comic book terms). Very cool and intense! I think we'll actually watch it on Monday night instead of Tivo-ing it for later consumption! That's how you know it's good.

EDIT: I confused the names of the Petrelli brothers. I said Peter, but meant his politician brother Nathan.

19. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    I know whatcha mean JT, I'm plopped right in front on the TV at 8 every monday now. Forget that waiting crap! [face_mischief]

The preview went by fast but I swear the person in the painting of Claire running in the amphitheater looked like Peter chasing her... maybe.

I think Peter will absorb Claire's power before they hit the ground. (preview from last week)

20. nnaydolem

Nov 8, 2002
    so pretty much we are were agreeing that we are NOT the norm. ;)

21. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Indeed I am. ;)

22. jthornto

Jan 20, 2005
    I saw the preview as Peter running with/behind her and trying to protect her from whoever was chasing her/them. I'm guessing it will be Sylar. We'll see.

If the sh**'s about to hit the fan for her, then I hope Peter doesn't absorb her power, unless they both become "invincible" instead of him leaching her powers away from her. Has it been established whether the original hero loses his/her powers when Peter borrows them? I think he just takes them on as well, but I'm not sure. Perhaps we'll find out on Monday!

What is the norm? Wasn't he on Cheers? I don't think he'd be interested in watching Heroes. I think he'd want the power of a larger bladder and invincible liver.

23. gra-co_o_hun

May 5, 2005
    Is anyone following the online/printable comic at the official site? You should, it's a peek into the characters and doesn't just mimic the show. It's more like peering into the show from a different window.

24. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    Hiro got himself ino a bit of a cunundrum by going back to change time, he now has to go back in time to get back to the future, or something like that, tomorrows episode is going to be awesome. i think sylar permanently absorbs peoples powers, or has a way of taking them from the brains of the people he kills, and they have to save the cheerleader chick because he would be invincible if he got her to.

25. MoD-Sith

Aug 28, 2003
    ummmm, WHOA!! they caught him and peter got arrested that was such a great episode