main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Magnus_Darcrider, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Sambo, I just PM'ed you a link with some pertinent information that should help you with that. RSS for the win.

2. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Okay, well going by the responses so far, let's pencil in this Heroes viewing for Thursday. 6:30 or so at Toshe Station. How does that sound?

3. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    Fellow pirates, hoist the colours :p

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

4. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    But beware Ninjas. False pirates, in disguise as the real deal, if you take my meaning...

5. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Heroes Volume 2 Chapter 1: Four Months Later

In short, a really great kick-off to the new season. We've got a bunch of new plot arcs underway, all of which I'm very keen to dive into.

First up we've got Mohinder warning us about a virus, the sickness that afflicted Molly Walker and killed his sister Shanti, which is spreading through the Gifted population, suppressing their powers and killing them. He's apparently devoting a great deal of effort into finding a cure for it. That's alongside his other gig as International Man of Mystery, working with Bennett and Matt to infiltrate what's left of the Company and bring it down.

Secondly, we've got poor Hiro being severely disillusioned by his hero Kensei, who is less of a samurai sword saint and more of a cowardly, drunken English mercenary who's not very good at his job. But we know he becomes something much more, and I'm very fascinated to see how. I'm now starting to strongly suspect that Hiro is directly descended from Kensei, thanks to the increasing talk we hear from Kaito about the Nakamura legacy.

And speaking of Kaito, the plot that's getting me most excited is this volume's murder mystery. Someone's killing people with powers again, but unlike Sylar, this seems to be purely about the people, not the power. Someone's picking off the members of Linderman's old gang (adding another little shade of Watchmen to the Heroes palate), and it may or may not be one of their own. Kaito and Angela were both left pictures of themselves with Kensei's symbol drawn on it, and Kaito, as he predicted, was dead less than 24 hours later, killed by someone he knew, but we don't. Possibly related is the nightmares that have been plaguing Molly, seemingly coming from the 'boogeyman' worse than Sylar that she spoke of at the end of last season. Those dreams also seem to heavily feature The Symbol. Something dark and dangerous is out there, that's for sure, and whatever its motivation, it seems to be much more personal than Sylar's was.

Oh, and speaking of the symbol, we've also got Peter. Handcuffed inside a shipping crate in Ireland, wearing nothing but a familiar-looking pendant and with no memory of who he is. And what I love about this show is that we know each of those plotlines is going to be inextricably linked together. Brilliant.

So the thing that's got me most excited is definitely the whole 'Generations' thing, and the coming revelations about Linderman's old gang, which we now know apparently consisted of 12 people. So what can we do but start building a list, huh? Based on what we presently know, I give you...

The Twelve (Confirmed and speculated)
    - Linderman (Deceased)
    - Kaito Nakamura (Deceased)
    - Angela Petrelli
    - Mr Petrelli (Deceased)
    - Charles Devaux (Deceased)
    - Mysterious hooded man?
    - "Bob"? (The man with the Midas touch who has been following Mohinder)
    - ?
    - ?
    - ?
    - ?
    - ?

It is basically a given that all of these people have or had powers, and it is extremely likely that we have already met at least a few other people from this group without knowing. It's difficult to say at this point how many of them were involved with 'The Company', but it seems to me that although some, like Kaito, may have stuck around for a while helping Linderman when his plans turned grand and explosive, by the end it was only Angela who was still directly involved. That's my guess, at any rate. Certainly Angela's husband committed suicide around the time Linderman's plans really ramped up, Charles Devaux died six months later (though he seemed supportive of the general idea), and Kaito Nakamura, despite being in with it early on, seemed not to be by the end. Even before the start of what we know as 'The Company', it seems that the Twelve were policing people with powers, finding them and helping them regulate their gifts and use them safely, bumping off those who proved disruptive or dangerous. To what degree they were actually superheroes, fightin

6. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Peter could be the killer...

Enjoyed very much.

Pity about Hiro's father, he was an interesting character.

7. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I particular liked the surprise about Takezo Kensei.

* One spoiler I have heard is that one of the new characters is an Irishman who is 1000 years old - dunno whether that's true or not, but if so, my money's on him being Kensei.
    * Nathan... what a fall from grace. I suppose we'll find out how in episode 8.
    * On that note... it's blatantly obvious from the moment you see Nathan that Peter is still alive

8. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    Hmm love to come but I'm going shopping.

Oh and I still haven't seen anything past episode 11....yeah...kinda busy and all that. But I will get to it!

9. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well after suffering through the slowest fraking "transcription" ever, here we go with a new set of recaps:

?Heroes? 2.01 - Volume 2, Chapter 1: "Four Months Later..."

The sun rises on a new dawn. Yet few of us realize the debt we owe to those responsible for this. To those who dwell among us, anonymous, seemingly ordinary. Whom destiny brought together to repair, to heal, to save us from ourselves. And they're still out there among us. In the shadows. In the light. We pass them on the street without a glance. Never suspecting, never knowing. Do they even know yet? That they are bound together by a common purpose? A glaring reality to be extraordinary. And when destiny does unite them, how do they hide from it? How long can they dwell in the shadows before either fate, or their own flawed humanity draws them out in to the light again? And how will they know what awaits them when it finally does?

Mohinder?s narration opens this latest chapter, over a montage of new and old scenes. See if you can spot what?s new; some of them will be shown over the next episode?

The chapter title comes up before we cut to a scene of Mohinder giving a lecture about the heroes and their impact on human evolution. The big news here ? a virus is sweeping through the heroes community, killing them off which will have a dramatic impact on human evolution.

The lecture hall is bordering on entry, though a latecomer listens intently. I got an ?early Daniel Jackson? vibe from this scene. After the lecture, the latecomer asks Mohinder for an autograph, but makes the mistake of mentioning Mohinder?s father and sister.

Mohinder, obviously having buffed up to go with the new haircut and more aggressive attitude, throws the guy against the wall and demands to know why the guy?s been following him for the last three lectures. Turns out while Mohinder?s been lecturing, he?s considered a crackpot by the scientific community. This guy?s from the Company, and wants to offer Mohinder a job to help save the heroes, and therefore the world.

Meanwhile in Honduras, the twins Maya and Alejandro (who kinda looks like a latino Sylar, but anyway) are running from the cops. They manage to shake pursuit and they keep moving, trying to get to the United States and seek answers there. As they run, they pass a poster with bad likenesses of both of them; seems they?re wanted for murder.

Cutting to California and it?s Claire ?Butler??s first day of school in Costa Verde. Noah ?Butler? (he?ll always be Mr. Bennet to me) briefs Claire on staying hidden and ordinary, as the Company is still looking for them.

As the bell rings, Mr. Bennet gives Claire her birthday present early, a new car. After apologising again for everything she?s been put for, they hug and Claire leaves?

?and once again proves that she is the most accident prone cheerleader on the planet as she?s nearly run over by a boy who is obviously ?Not-Zach?.

A flash, and SuperHiro drops in to pretty much where we left him last time; between a small force of warriors and a lone mounted Samurai just before a solar eclipse outside of Kyoto in Japan, 1671.

Oh boy?

The archers fire at Hiro and the Samurai, and Hiro automatically stops time. Running over to the Samurai, Hiro recognises this banner and realises it must be Takezo Kensei, the legendary Samurai who?s sword Hiro inherited. Resolving to save him from the arrows about to hit, Hiro touches Kensei?s mount and leaps out of there.

Back in the present, Matt Parkman is in Manhattan and involved in a hostage negotiation. It goes badly, so he storms into the apartment and in a way reminiscent of the Jack Bauer Power Hour, blows the bad guys away.

Turns out to be the final test for Parkman?s Detective Badge, and he gets it. I couldn?t help but cheer.

Science class at Costa Verde, and it?s here we get our first glimpse of the obvious Bitch Queen Cheerleader, and are formally introduced to West, AKA Not-Zach. He spouts his philosophy on high schoolers either being robots or aliens, a

10. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Wow - Kensei Doco #5 just makes it even deeper!

I was in agreement with Lozza initially - I thought the old guard's killer was Peter. Despite the fact he was chained up un a cargo container.

I'm not that keen on the plot arc with the Twins. Not doing anything for me atm, but as BBN's said, everything in Heroes is linked.

I'm still iffy on who Kensei is - The Pommie or Hiro himself? The Doco has links for either answer.

...and I wish the other marked old guard had of bit it first. Why kill off Sulu, dammit!! WHY??

11. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    ?Heroes? 2.02 - Volume 2, Chapter 2: "Lizards"

Peter is woken up in the traditional Irish Manner: tied to a chair and splashed with a bucket of water (Was it water? Let's hope so for Pete's sake) before the designated hitter (in this case, a guy named Tuko) starts laying into him with his fists.

There's a reason no one asks for the "wake up call" at Irish Hotels and B&Bs...

The caption tells us Peter's tied up at the Wandering Rocks Pub in Cork, Ireland. Incidentally one of the Irish heavies, Will, is from Dominic Keating from Enterprise. Anyway, the leader Ricky wants to know what Peter did with "their" iPods, which is going to be difficult considering Peter can't remember his own name, let alone how he ended up in that shipping container...

The beating continues. Peter's buff now, he can take it.

Cut to Sandra Bennet cracking an egg (and the chapter title) into a glass for breakfast. She's lost her ring in the boiling water she's poaching her eggs in. Claire nonchalantly reaches in and fishes it out, her burns healing in front of her mother's eyes. So now we know that mum knows, and no more messing about with her brain.

This of course prompts a discussion about Claire having to remain under the radar with Mr. Bennet before she leaves for school, and also reinforcing that it's hard for Mr. bennet to do the same thing, considering that up until recently he was a morally grey International Man of Mystery. Now he wears a stupid shirt and does photocopying.

Once Claire's gone (and is it me, or does she eat her poached egg while driving on her way to school??) Team Parents spring into action; Sandra points out the article about Kaito's death to Mr. Bennet who exlaims he knew this would happen. Sandra demands to know everything, as there aren't meant to be anymore secrets now.

Wow, Mr. Bennet clearly brought her up to speed on nearly everything during the hiatus. I wonder if Mohinder narrated it? "previously in your husband's Secret Life..." :p

Turns out Isaac "The Artist" Mendez did a series of eight paintings before his death, one depicting Keito's death, which is in Mr. Bennet's possession and now shown to his wife. He doesn't know what's in the other seven, but he plans on finding out.

Great that they mention The Artist (and Mr. Bennet's respectful tone for him is a nice touch), but this is interesting; now assuming that the other seven pictures depict the deaths of the other Golden Age Heroes, that would mean that the killer could be identified once the series of paintings are collected together.

Meanwhile on Shaft's rooftop, Ando's talking to the NYPD as Detective Matt Parkman and Detective Fuller arrive to begin their investigation. Fuller makes some interesting comments as Parkman tried to denies any knowledge of The Symbol or people who can fly. Angela Petrelli's fingerprint is on Kaito's death notice photo, so Parkman wants to bring her in. He talks with Ando briefly who gives Parkman the meaning of The Symbol, and speaks wistfully of Takezo Kensei and Hiro...

...who is still stuck in the Edo Period of Japan, chasing after the legendary swordsman...who's lying drunk under a tree, swatting flies off himself. Hiro tried to sober him up with a dunking so he can repair history, but to no avail. Running out of options, Hiro spies Kensei's discarded armour under a tree. With no other options, Hiro dons his hero's armour and rides off to save the Swordsmith's Daughter...

After the titles, Claire's Science Teacher (and he's such a goofy lookin' fella, he needs a cool nickname) is talking about the regenerative ability of lizards. This sets Claire off on a tangent about cellular regeneration in humans, which the teacher finds interesting (and he would just love to remove people's extraneous limbs and organs) and draws the attention of Not-Zach, who's starting to become a good deal creepier and stalkerish. Also, he kinda looks like a younger Brandon Routh here.

In Hartsdale, New York, Mr. Midas welcomes Mohinder, raving about The Compan

12. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    'Nother fabulous recap, Mr Magnus. I do rather enjoy reading these.

13. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    On occasion with these show recaps I'll think.. "Yeah I know..i DID watch it!", but mostly it leaves me to enjoy the episode and have someone else think on it for me.

Remind me not to go to an Irish B&B, or leave anything of importance with cheerleaders. Bothered me a lot that Peter could get out of his ropes ( and thanks MD for the DL comparison..my brain was having trouble working out which power that was) and beat up those guys but seems lost on how he could just TAKE the box of his belongings. Buff Peter I can take or leave. Lie, obviously.

Loving Angela Petrelli. Please don't kill her off anytime soon. Nathan's beard though is flashing me back to Fat Apolla BSG style. Good for dramatic effect, but please get some Schicks soon. Of course, the beard is probably hiding something... weird shaped scar maybe. Family of mutant hamsters? Claire's pinky toe?

Was good to see Ando, even if those sort of scenes always make me think..Have they MET before? SURELY?!

The Hiro scenes were the prettiest and coolest, but I'm liking the intertwining mysteries of the rest more. And Hiro falling in love again to get hurt, not..sure..I can..handle it!!! sobs

The Parkman and Molly relationship I'm having trouble enjoying. I think I'm still troubled by what happened to Matt's wife and child. Someone refresh me on what happened there..they broke up? Anyway, as Cute as Molly is, her and Matt I just don't like. Her and Mohinder..much cooler. Mohinder and anyone..very cool. Like the way he's turning into someone quite powerful.

The twins aren't intriguing me too much. Goobs said so one brings death, and one life. POssibly as simple as that. "super-powered Ebola" seems possible though too ;) Although it did give me a very Xfiles kinda feel.

The fact that I didn't see this episode til yesterday shows me I'm living without it okay, and it's no first season so far. Great yes! but it was so unknown and original the first time around.

Still..enjoying it more than anything else I'm watching at the moment. Although did see some episodes of Robot Chicken I enjoyed a little more. And those wrong words on CJ's songs of the 70's Karaoke subtitles.

I jest. GOOD SHOW

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    Some thoughts on "Kindred"

* Sylar's back to his old mischief, but something's not ticking quite right.
    * Trapped in the middle of nowhere.. does it kinda remind you of Central America? The Canadian preview for The Kindness of Strangers makes for a very scary encounter. I shudder at the thought of Maya and Alejandro getting some impromptu brain surgery.
    * My my.... isn't Peter getting all violent in his forgetfulness? Maybe when he looks in the box, he'll remember some impulse control. Hooking up with an Irish gang-banger's sister also isn't the smartest thing a guy could do either.
    * Seems crime runs in the family - Daddy Petrelli involved in white collar crime and and brother Nathan up to his eyeballs in election fraud... Peter has to get his hands dirty with TAB stick-ups.
    * Is it just me, or does the Parkman, Mohinder and Molly show seem short one joker? Last I heard, the franchise was Three Men and a Minor Female.
    * Claire and West... floating 'bove a tree... K-I-S-S.... sumthin, sumthin.... T! Didn't need to read a graphic novel to see that one coming.
    * Now this is one Meet the Parents I'm keen to see... The Haitian mustn't have been on top of his game that day - Parkman and Sprague remembered him, but not Noah. That MtP could get awkward.
    * How long until Noah bites the bullet? Okay... gets one in the eye.
    * And finally, are the other 6 paintings kill shots as well? If so, who?

15. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    ?Heroes? 2.03 - Volume 2, Chapter 3: "Kindred"

In Ireland, Ricky?s outlining the job he wants Peter to do in exchange for the box with all his personal effects. Anyone else who?s thinking, ?But why can?t Peter just take the box with his arsenal of super-powers?? raise your hand now.

Basically they want Peter to take out the guards while they rob a sports club of all its betting takings for the night after a big game. Peter?s in, but he hears the thoughts of Will, who plans to take the money once the job?s done. As per usual with unaware psychics in the Heroes Universe, Peter thinks Will has said this out loud. This accusation doesn?t go down well with Ricky, cos he considers his henchmen ?family?. They even have matching tattoos.

You?ve got to love male bonding. :p

In Mexico, Maya y Alejandro are still heading to America, and Maya is pushing herself hard. To let her rest, Alejandro tries to steal a car?right in front of a cop.

Oh dear.

A short chase, and guess what? Alejandro gets separated from her sister as the cop catches him and drags him away.

Well that certainly happened quicker this time. Stupid Wondertwins?Seriously, by the end of this episode, I want them handcuffed together so this sort of crap cannot happen!

In Las Vegas, we welcome back Niki and Micah. Micah?s bitching about not wanting to leave Las Vegas without his dad, and Niki saying that this is there chance to make a fresh start. Sounds disturbingly familiar to the opening of their arc last season.

Here?s the twist; Niki tells Micah to say goodbye to his dad, and he runs off, and we finally see that they?ve been parked outside a graveyard. Micah and Niki come to a simple grave; the marker reads ?Daniel Lawrence Hawkins. 1976 ? 2007. Father, Husband, Hero.?

Damn.

Now the question is, did he die of his wounds at the Kirby Plaza Incident, or in an unrelated skirmish later on? Hopefully the comics will explain that one. Still, I?m again finding myself mildly annoyed at such an unceremonious write-out. It is better than Janice?s and Heidi?s though. I?ll admit they all make sense, but there stills feels like there?s a lack of closure. Anyway?

On a beach somewhere, a cute little bikini-clad redhead gets a phone call. Seems the caller wants to know about the redhead?s companion, who starts waking up as she talks so she hangs up. Greeting her companion, she wings back onto her deck chair as Sylar groggily raises his head. He?s got no idea how he got there.

The girl claims they?re in Mai, and introduces herself and Michelle, formerly Candice. Seems that after Candice dragged Sylar?s body out of Kirby Plaza and into the sewer, people have been looking for her, hence the new look. In reality, Missy Peregrym, the original Candice, has a full time gig over on Reaper, but this is one of those roles where recasting isn?t necessarily a problem.

Turns out Sylar had eight surgeries to get him back into fighting trim, which he isn?t at yet. Question a lack of scars; Michelle admits that she creates illusions.

Silly girl.

Sylar wants to see the truth, so Michelle shows him; he?s in a dank bunker of a field cot with some nasty wounds on his abdomen. Seems Michelle was blocking the pain too, cos Sylar starts screaming!

After the credits, the chapter title perches on the ?Butler? residence rooftop while in her room, Claire reads the copy Professor Chandra Suresh?s book left behind by West AKA Not-Zach at the end of last episode.

Hang on, didn?t she read that last season??

Mr. Bennet comes in and to tell Claire of waffles and to apologise to her for the argument at the Copy Kingdom last episode while Claire hides the book. Mr. Bennet is prepared to answer any question she has. Claire asks what the consequences might be if someone finds out about her.

Simply put, they?d have to run.

With this in mind, Claire tired to go into damage control with Not-Zach. She does ham-fisted job of it. And uh-oh, is that teenage URST I detect?? Oh Hell no, the kid?s a

16. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Having just re-watched Season 1, Magnus, I can say that it did move fairly slowly at the beginning. It wasn't till the end of episode 4, when Future Hiro did his messenger thing, that it started picking up momentum. I like the pace of the episodes at the moment. They need to cover the 4 intervening months and slowly ease us into the new storyline. I think that once things actually start happening, they're going to really start happening.

I'm liking all the plot threads we're getting thus far. The 'Generations' thing is great, as is the digging into the Company and trying to bring it down. Peter going all Sylar and getting drunk with power because he's forgotten who he is is an interesting development, and because I'm a sucker for time-bending narrative devices I'm really excited to see more of Isaac's paintings. The one of Mr Bennett is very ominous indeed, and I can't blame the guy for looking so shaken. He's personally seen every single one of Isaac's paintings except the bomb mural on the floor come very, very true. a 99% hit rate for predicting the future doesn't look so hot when you're the one painted lying on the floor with a bullet through your eye.

(it should be noted here, he doesn?t actually know the outcome of the fight at Kirby Plaza; you?d think he?d be worried about what?s happening there).

Well that's the joy of time travel, isn't it? You don't have to worry about stuff like that. :p Hiro could take a couple of years off, relaxing in ancient Japan, then pop Back To The Future when he's feeling good and ready.

his tattoo is ?healed?, but not before it morphs into The Symbol before it vanishes. Hmmm?

I am really, REALLY curious about the use of The Symbol this season. It's no longer just a little easter egg scattered around the place, it's something that is having attention very explicitly drawn to it, again and again, and so obviously has very great importance, but what? What does it mean? Why is it appearing everywhere? Is there some big supernatural thing going on, or has it been deliberately placed everywhere by someone or something, Bad Wolf style? I demand answers to this. :p (Also something of note: just before Isaac's death, his and/or Sylar's paintings became heavily filled with the Symbol. I'm extremely curious about this, and how Peter's tattoo relates to Jessica's.

17. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    This episode was the first this season to actually feel like HEROES to me. Can't explain it exactly, but the twists are starting to give indications they're about to appear (eg Jessica rocking up at the Company, Mohinder getting Isaac's apartment). Maybe it has something to do with Sylar being back, or the Haitian, having empathy for one of Hiro's sadder moments, or Clare not hiding/having issues with HRG again...but to me, Heroes is back.

18. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Heroes Volume 2: What Lies Ahead

THERE BE SPOILERS IN THAT THAR LINK.

Fairly mild ones, and nothing that surprises me, but the last one I kind of wish I didn't know, in order to keep the mystery and suspense. But still. The first one I'm very excited about, because it has the potential to answer one of my big questions: what is going on with the Symbol?

19. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Some speculation on those spoilers:

My current theory is that Kensei is McSoorley, but I could be waaay off base with that. Hmm, regardless if I'm right or not, could that mean he's one of the 12?

Not-Zach's got all the hallmarks of a villain, creepy stalker type that he is. I still reckon that's him in the background of Painting No. 8. I can see him going all "Brotherhood of Mutatnts" later on.

Yeah, kinda wish I didn't know that third one either. Not surprised though.

For other spoilers, there's a photo in today's TV Guide (Masa Oki's on the cover) that technically contains mild spoilers.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

20. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Surprised no one's commented on the latest episode yet, because it was fantastic. Vintage Heroes, full of twists, turns, surprise revelations, and that fantastic interconnectedness that characterises the series.

The big revelation, of course, is that not only is Matt's estranged father one of The Twelve, he is, in fact, Molly's "Boogeyman". This is some heavy stuff. With the addition of actually seeing the group photo, waaaay earlier than I was expecting, we can now draw up a more complete roster.

The Twelve

- Mr Petrelli (Arthur? Apparently there's a mobile phone game that gives that as his first name.)
    - Angela Petrelli
    - Daniel Linderman
    - Kaito Nakamura
    - "Bob"
    - Mr Parkman (Murry? From the same mobile game listing of Company founders)
    - Charles Deveaux
    - Unidentified Man #1 (Adam Monroe? Another name from the mobile game)
    - Unidentified Man #2
    - Unidentified Woman #1
    - Unidentified Woman #2
    - Unidentified Woman #3

Our suspects for the hooded killer can be narrowed down a little from this. 4 of the people on the list are confirmed to be dead, and we can probably exclude Angela Petrelli with confidence, too. The man in the hood was fairly short and slim, which would seem to count out Bob (tall) and Mr Parkman (stocky). Mr Parkman also is, at least at present, in a small apartment in Philadelphia. However, his power is definitely a mental one of some kind, and my present theory is that he can create 'nightmares', driving people crazy, like Angela in the police interview room. (Perhaps this is somewhat like the Hatian's father's power from one of the graphic novels.) In that case, it occurs to me that it's quite possible that Kaito's killer may not have been physically there at all, that he was just an illusion and that Kaito, in effect, threw himself off the building. This would explain why there was no evidence of his presence when the police searched the rooftop, and why he vanished without a trace after going over the edge. However, if I recall correctly, Ando did see him, which hurts that particular theory. I'll need to watch that episode again. Besides, just because Mr Parkman seems to have a nasty power doesn't mean that he is necessarily the killer. The only thing that's clear is that he doesn't want to be found, which is likely because he knows he's in danger. Regardless, this means that if Parkman isn't our killer, it's one of the unknowns. For those keeping track of this stuff, the Heroes Wiki has all the info.

Also, I like where they're taking Sylar's character arc. He's swinging back and forth now, trying to deny his cravings. He's still addicted to powers, even if he's not physically capable of stealing them at present. To see his eyes light up when he found out Maya had an ability was as creepy as ever. Loz's theory, which I think is a great one, is that Sylar has the virus, which is why his powers have deserted him. And with him heading north towards New York, that means trouble. (And if my patchy American geography is correct, he's likely to pass through New Orleans on the way there, right? Hmmm...)

Love this freakin' show, guys. Love this freakin' show.

21. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I have had someone describe the ep to me, but I wait until Kahlan and I can see these descriptions together.

22. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    Depends on the route.
    --------------------------------------------------------------New York

------------------------------------------New Orleans
    ________ Mexican Border_____________
    VERY NOT TO SCALE

I think Sylar has the virus. I think DL died of the virus, and Niki now has it too. Note they were all around Molly when she wasn't considered to be "cured".

23. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, if they hug the coast, they'll pass that way.

Good point about Niki, DL and Sylar all being around Molly. It rally depends on how contagious the virus is. We don't know anything about it at all.

24. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I've been snowed under with assignments, but I'll be done tonight, so I'll watch the ep later on and put the usual recap up.

I'm going to have to put in some extra viewing too, because I was sure Molly was considered cured, but maybe she was only in the first stage of remission. If D.L. died of the virus and Niki has it too, all well and good, but a bit of exposition in that direction would have been nice.

I've also heard an interesting rumour that's going to send me scurrying back to "Six Months Ago"...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

25. Lozza

Feb 8, 2005
    My reasoning stands that Molly has an attack barely hours before meeting the lot of them. Remeber after Parkman and Bennnet arrive and the standoff ends? I believe the exact words were "there's something wrong with Molly".

Mohinder was TREATING her, she wasn't cured at that stage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.