main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Magnus_Darcrider, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    Wow! Is all I can say. The first two episodes were all about action action action.

2. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes indeed. I found the pacing and the writing to be a bit clunky, but I really like where the story seems to be going, and the nov into more full-on Super Heroics. Looking forward to seeing how things pan out now that the need for a big, jam packed premiere is done.

3. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    More heroes out today. Considering gathering the troops tonight for a viewing... hmmm

Edit. Yes..heroes will be watched here at about 7pm. Drinking and eating taking place from about ..now. People are welcome. sms us first.

4. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Ohmygod Sylar's with The Company/Angela Petrelli!??!?? /cue the world ending.

5. Murder_Sandwhich

Murder_Sandwhich Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 7, 2004
    I'm really not enjoying season 3 so far. It seems in-between season 2 and 3, they've dropped all whole bunch of characters (Muscle mimic chick, peter's irish girlfriend trapped in the future) and the rest have become unbearable. For the entireity of the series, Mohinder has been all about the science and learning, now he's all about getting jacked up on superpowers. Claire, I really wish could die. I've been cringing at every damn line that has come out of her mouth.

I hope it gets better, but I'm not really holding out hope.

6. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    That's overstating it a bit, IMO, but the most recent episode of Heroes has been the first one I've actively disliked. The pacing is really off this season. They're trying to overcompensate from The Internet bitching about the slow-boil at the start of season 2, so instead they're manically jumping from plot point to plot point, not giving anything any time to sink in. Everything is skimmed over, and hence we get no real excitement or anticipation from it the way we did back in season one. If things like Mohinder's current obsession and Claire's whole thing were given time to build, they'd be perfectly believable, but there's none of that, so it feels totally random. Hiro and Ando's storyline is trying too hard to recapture the magic, and the whole scene with Claire and Meredith was really bizarre and out of character for both of them, not to mention frankly kind of illogical. Following this episode up with the latest eps of Sarah Connor and Fringe, both of which were top-notch (SCC especially, best ep of the series so far) really showed how weak it was.

I'm really trying to love this season. I enjoyed season 2 quite a bit, on the whole, but I'm pretty underwhelmed right now.

7. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    I'm still caught up in the "hey, cool, Heroes is back" to notice. Hopefully there's lots like me and the thing's still rating its socks off.

To be honest I like what's happening with Clare and Sylar. Hiro & Ando too. I'm iffy im the Mohinder & Peter bits (next week will sort those two out though).

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    I'm with you on that, Goob, in general. I like both Sylar and Claire's storylines, but I like them on paper, as it were. I intelectually like the direction they're taking, as opposed to the minute-to-minute portrayal of them. There's no build-up, so there's no payoff, it all feels a tiny bit random. I'm not going to stop watching, because as I said I do like the direction, but it's going to start grating if the actual nitty-gritty of the plot keeps being as underwhelming as the last episode was.

9. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I'm enjoying the ride although it's a quicker, more random one. But still one of my favourite shows.

10. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    Heroes just got serious. Last week's cliffhanger was great.

...Hiro finally is doing stuff we would do if we just got his power. Come one...you would!

11. Lozza

Lozza Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 8, 2005
    I've rather enjoyed the last two episodes. Not that I didn't enjoy the rest of the season, more that it could have been done better. It seems to have the old Heroes feel back though, these last two, even if the path leading up to it was pretty rocky.

12. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    I've liked most of it too. Certainly haven't disliked any of it. I'm still confused much of the time, but hey, that's usual for me.

13. GoobaFish

Apr 15, 2002
    ....FYI and all, this show's back on.

14. HappyBob

HappyBob Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    The title of this thread is in quotation marks.
    I only just got that referrence. For shame!

I'm holding off just that little longer before starting season 3. The producers of the show have been all too happy to admit their mistakes along the way, and I'm confident they'll find that balance in time, if given the chance. Once that happens, I'll gladly plough through the season.

Current bets are on that happening around episode 19-20, when season one writer/producer Brian Fuller (Wonderfalls, Pushing Daisies, Dead Like Me) returns. After reading this interview, the future is looking very promising.

"It's not necessarily a reboot as much as it is going back to the basic spirit of the show and pulling people back in. I don't think the issues with the show have been about the serialization as much as about the density of the stories that have been serialized."

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.