main
side
curve
  1. Welcome, Guest

Upcoming events:

Star Wars: Andor - Disney + - 21st September

2. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FF:QLD "Heroes"

Discussion in 'Oceania Discussion Boards' started by Magnus_Darcrider, Nov 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. monkiee

monkiee Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 14, 2007
    Oooo, Christopher Eccleston. I've been a fan of his ever since Shallow Grave.

Heroes just keeps getting better and better. Can't wait to finally watch it. Plus, that interview has got me interested in Deadwood. I've heard it's good, but much like Heroes, I've been a little out of the loop these past few years.

2. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    ME = :eek:

ME = :eek: :eek: :eek: [face_hypnotized]

3. BigBossNass1138

BigBossNass1138 Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 13, 2002
    Well spoken, Goob.

4. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Tim Kring on what's coming up.

Sounds brilliant, but a 5 week gap in the middle?!? :_|

On the plus side, though, there will be a 72-minute version of the pilot on the DVD set, so wooot. Also, there are going to be 2 more episodes in the vein of "Six Months Ago", at least from a structural standpoint. And episode 20 is going to be the long-awaited Mind Bending Time Travel Episode, where everything turns upside-down.

5. Magnus_Darcrider

Magnus_Darcrider Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 2005
    The extended pilot is excellent, but I didn't get to see the scenes with "The Engineer", which is the character that was re-written as Ted Sprague, the Radioactive Man in the series.

iF: Will there be toys for this series? It seems like a tailor made fit.

KRING: Oh yeah. There will be toys. We are all over it. The people that I work with are fanatical toy guys who are making sure they are state of the art toys. Our brand is for the fans that will notice the difference between schlock and quality.

I predict a rush on "Indestructable Cheerleader" Dolls [face_worried]

One thing that hasn't been mentioned at all for the upcoming episodes is Zach's fate. Given that the actor has been cast as John Connor in the upcoming "Sarah Connor Chronicles", it'll be interesting to see what ultimately happens to the character, particularly where we left him in the story arc.

Where are we on marathon planning? And I'd better get moving on recaps as well...

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

6. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    According to the Australia Day thread, planning for the marathon is that we'll all gather at Teh Boon on Saturday and go from there. Speak to IC and/or Goobs to check that, but yeah, sounds like this weekend, for sure.

7. Kahlan72

Kahlan72 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 27, 2000
    My place is avaialable Saturday night/Sunday too if needed..for Heroes. :)

8. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well, that works, too, if the Keepers of The Boon wanted to give it a break from event-hosting duties.

9. Last_Chael

Last_Chael Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 25, 2006
    let me know what's happening wtih this, coz I would like to try and make it to the marathon if I can! I'll be at the Novus Aussie day BBQ, and I'm staying overnight at Terry's, so I could possibly make it somewhere afterwards on the Sat. I don't know how late I can stay though, as I do have to start work at 10 on the Sunday (day before school goes back [face_worried] )

10. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    Heroes marathon seems to be going on at the Boon..sometime after everyone recovers from the night before, on Saturday 27th. So judging by the usual recovery time for our friends..after lunch at least, and probably closer to mid/late arvo. :)

I'll be there from about 430 I think but don't mind how much I miss/see. Just want to watch a little as a group

11. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Well as long as you're there by the end, Kahlan, because episode 12 will be there. :D

12. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    More casting rumours: Eric Roberts will apparently be joining the cast in future episodes. Money is on him playing either an associate of Mr. Bennett (possible his superior?) or the shadowy Mr. Linderman.

Good choice really.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

13. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Episode 12: Godsend.

:D:D:D:D:D

In which we observe:

- Niki in full-on Gollum mode.
    - Hiro cool, confident and in control.
    - Peter completely nuts (but who can blame him).
    - Mr Sinister trying to make a deal with Mohinder.
    - The Hatian being uncharacteristically talkative.
    - Almost indecently sweet moments between Claire and Zack.
    - THE MEANING OF THE FREAKING SYMBOL!!! :eek:
    - Matt as a man obsessed.
    - The 9th Doctor as an invisible, kleptomaniac hobo.
    - And a worrying sign that our friend the mysterious Mr Linderman may just possibly be connected to all of this in a much deeper way. It could just be a coincidence, but this one seems like too much...

It'll be at the marathon on Saturday, and you lot are in for a treat. :D

14. General Cargin

General Cargin Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 15, 1999
    I'm enjoying this series more and more as time goes by.

Just one random observation that I'm not too sure about...

The tattoo of the RNA strand on Nikki's back only appears when Jessica comes out of hiding doesn't it? Or am I nuts?

15. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes. But it's not an RNA strand. Or rather, it might be, but it also means something else, which is revealed in the latest episode.

16. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    Well, that was worth the wait, if only for the live action rendition of Isaac's last painting!

- Hiro's the reincarnation of Miyamoto Mushashi?? (well, essentially)
    - I screamed in frustration when I saw "Replica courtesy of Mr. Linderman". Hiro's deadpan "I'm taking it back" as he slouched off was also cool.
    - The fact that his power level has been so significantly reduced is worrisome. Hope an explanation's coming.
    - The Symobol's meaning; great, but why does it keep turning up? Does it mean that Destiny is really getting its hands dirty here?
    - "Flying Man!"
    - Simone putting all the pieces together in her head.
    - "WHOOSH!" "Would you keep it down?" "...whoosh..."
    - It looks like Peter overloaded his system with other people's powers. AND he's Destiny's Bitch, if the dreams are anything to go by.
    - Christopher Eccleston as the Invisible Man. Sure, he's an excellent thief, but at least he's not hiding out in a girl's boarding school bathroom or some such.
    - The final line. Chills.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

17. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Yes, I was pleasantly surprised by how clever Simmone's being about it all. It's always refreshing when characters on a show exhibit the same level of intelligence and deductive reasoning that the audience does.

And...

"Flying Man!"
    "...whoosh..."

[face_laugh]

I love Hiro. :p

18. starfire-phoenix

starfire-phoenix Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 2, 2004
    That was wicked! :)

I wonder what Mr Linderman's secret is.

19. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Just finished converting all the episodes to DVD Video, all ready for the marathon. :D

20. Kahlan72

Dec 27, 2000
    oooo was just wondering if someone had done that. Mine are..elsewhere..elusive.

21. Grieyls

Grieyls Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 2, 2000
    Bah! Yes I have nothing else to add right now :p

22. BigBossNass1138

Mar 13, 2002
    Don't worry, Kahlan, I'm looking out for you all. :p

23. GoobaFish

GoobaFish Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    My reaction at seeing Eccleston in Heroes:

What?

WHAT?

That can't be him!

And Ted learning to control his power: =D=

24. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    I predict that Christopher Eccleston is gonna have the kind of year career wise David Tennant had last year. They just finished his run on Doctor Who on the Sci-Fi Channel in the U.S., and now he's got a recurring role on the top rated show in U.S. It'll be interesting to see where his career takes him next.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

25. Magnus_Darcrider

Nov 24, 2005
    "Heroes" Chapter 13 - "The Fix"

- Right, well we learn pretty early on that a bunch of Doctor Who fanboys wrote Christopher Eccleston's lines for this ep!

- Mohinder actually using his doctorate and doing some scientific analysis.

- Who was in charge of wardrobe this week?? Mohinder and Nathan would both have been shot by the fashion police under normal circumstances.

- There are 36 names on Doctor Chandra Suresh's List

- "Its just you, me, and Mr. Muggles..." Dunno why, just thought that line was hilarious.

- Wow, Micah's a little jerk to his dad.

- Why did the van look like it had dragged its way through a ditch??

- Peter's escape was pretty cool.

- Poor Matt, life's really dumping all over him. And of course, my initial thought was, "is the baby his?"

- Micah's life of crime has begun. Always such a pity its so easy.

- I lvoe the suggestion that there was an earlier generation of Heroes before the current crop.

- George Takei!!

- "GULP!" :p

- Claire may have found her real mother. And a disturbing amount of information about manatees...

- Sylar's out. And Mr. Bennett looks scared witless. Especially given the last line

Now, if only I could find a trailer for next week's episode, cos damn, that ending left me hungry for more.

Be seeing you,

Magnus Darcrider

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.