main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Heroes

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by Jedi_Tenken, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Just wondering who else watches?

RSA EDIT: Unlocked!

2. NivekSkywalker

NivekSkywalker Jedi Youngling star 2

May 21, 2006
  3. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I first got word of the show at Comic-Con last year when some cheerleaders were handing out various character buttons. When it aired, I unfortunately caught some episodes here and there. But after attending this year's panel at CC, I watched season one on DVD just before the new season (uh, sorry, new VOLUME) started. It's awesome. The writing, acting, and effects really are all very well done! It even made me buy a shirt from the Rebel Legion which spoofs the show: "Save The Princess. Save The Galaxy", which was Dale's idea.

:D

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I watch it.

5. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    starting November 3rd Heroes will now be shown on channel G4. All new episodes!!!

6. elmoizme

elmoizme Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 27, 2005
    I doubt I would watch it on G4.. It's not in HD. Sorry, I'm spoiled :cool:

7. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    I finally started watching too. I had an interest in it when it came out last fall because I watch Crossing Jordan which was also created by Tim Kring. So, I knew about Heroes before it was introduced at Comic-Con and almost went to the panel just to see Tim Kring! But, I missed the panel in 2006. Fall is often a time I start working on Halloween costumes and repeatedly fail to tune in to the new TV shows. :( I didn't want to spoil the show by tuning in halfway through the season last year, so it was a waiting game for it to finally come out on DVD.

Now I'm caught up and watching weekly! The Premier of Season 2 started out kind of lame. The second episode was much more interesting. So far I count 3 Star Trek alumni appearing in the series! And it's kind of funny that Sylar in turn has been cast in the new Trek movie.

8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was in the same boat as you, Kathy. At CIV, people wanted to check out the plaza where last season's season finale was shot. Apparently, it was near the LA convention center!

9. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    And to get a confirmation of my brother's latest post on this topic:

[image=http://you-are-here.com/sculpture/ascension.jpg]

http://www.got-heroes.com/Heroes-in-Rush-Hour-3-t3926.html

BTW, I also found this site for stuff: http://www.chasingthefrog.com/heroes-t-shirts.php

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was thinking of applying for a job here, after a guy in horn-rimmed glasses gave me his card:

http://www.primatechpaper.com/

:-B

11. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    The ending of tonight's show: WOW!

I can't believe there's still two more!

12. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    OK, who saw the end of Volume Two tonight? I need to talk to someone! :-B

13. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    I saw it - what do you mean that you "can't believe there's still two more"? Two more what?

Sorta spoilerish stuff below

Problem is, everyone who is killed can be brought back to life with either Peter or Claire's blood. As for the explosion, I won't miss that character if they are gone. Their storyline was not going any place interesting. Then again, maybe they escaped the explosion?

We thought the build and posture of the guy walking away from the press conference at the end looked like Adam. (Yes, we know where Adam should be but when was he put there?! If it was some time in the past was there an opportunity for him to get out?) The writers can make the hit-man be whomever they want I suppose. It would be more logical for it to have been Claire's father who did it.

I know Hero was pissed, but that is pretty cruel punishment to give someone (Crueler than killing). I wonder if he will have a change of heart?

14. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999

Sorry, I meant two more episodes till the finale! [face_blush]

15. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    It was Claire's BF ;)

16. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    if it was West(who shot Nathan at the end) then what would be his motive to kill Nathan Petrelli? i dont think claire told west that nathan was her biological father?

17. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    No, but think of the irony. Her adopted dad kidnaps him, then he kills her real dad. His motivation would be to keep the secret of the Heroes. He was pretty adamant about that with Claire. And if he did know who Nathan was, he probably wouldn't have shot him. But that's just my guess. Anyway, Nathan will probably get an injection of blood and live. But only if the writers stop striking.

18. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Matt, you just saw the Volume 2 finale! :) No more Heroes for a while. They are splitting this season up into 2 volumes. The one that just aired for the fall (Season 2.1 or "Volume 2"), and the next portion of the season (Season 2.2) should air some time next spring/late winter as Volume 3.

So far there have been 11 episodes. A typical full season is around 24 episodes (there were 23 episodes last year). So there should be another 12 or so next spring before the real season finale. (I can't seem to google how many episodes Heroes was picked up for when it was renewed).

The writers strike is leaving things up in the air. I read that the episode we had just watched was re-shot to make it more of a volume finale since the show is now forced to be on hiatus for an indefinite period of time.

Haha - the dude wasn't quite as tall and lanky as Claire's BF. Although I think they just used a stand-in wearing a baseball hat and can reshoot that bit to have the shooter be whomever they need it to be.

19. NivekSkywalker

May 21, 2006
    last night at the warriors game James Kyson Lee (Ando aka Hiro's sidekick) was in attendance

20. AKAI_FETT

AKAI_FETT Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 27, 2006
    I have never watched an episode, or even came across it while it was on TV. I just don't have the time. But, Is it worth renting and watching episode by episode?

21. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    yeap!! I totally watch the show. I love it. My mom also watch it. We cannot wait until monday. Sad that now the first part of the season is over. Ahhhhh I don't know what I'm gonna watch for now. Smallville is behind. I guess I'll start watching Jericho :(

22. kay_dee

Jun 15, 2002
    Yes, it is totally worth watching! Like you, I never caught it when it was on TV last year. We got the DVD when it came out since so many people I know were raving about it. We powered through season 1 watching a couple of episodes a night. Now we are hooked :)

23. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    No, that was just Elton! [face_laugh]

24. ARASHI

ARASHI Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 9, 2005
    hahaha

25. elmoizme

Oct 27, 2005
    Dude, you drunk again? [face_laugh]