main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Hero's Guide

Discussion in 'Archive: Games: RPG & Miniatures' started by Jedi_Matt, Apr 16, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    I've just found this on amazon http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0786928832/ref=pd_ecc_rvi_f/202-4678080-5743009

I didn't know about this previously, and it isn't released yet, but i'm already interested... does anyone know what kinda content we can expect?

I saw it just before finding the ultimate alien anthology (UAA wasn't on amazon uk until today i dont think), im debating buying both. If i do, i'll have 6 of the books, and i can't even play it properly yet [face_blush] no one im aware of plays it here either, i can't find ANYONE who plays it in my vacinity, and i prefer playing to GM-ing cos well... i still cant play the d20 version :p

2. Jedi_Matt

Jedi_Matt Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 11, 2002
    ooh, i just found the galactic campaign guide on there too, not set for release until 1st of august.

god damn it i need to find some players

3. Fanboy_Solo

Fanboy_Solo Jedi Youngling star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    I SO hope that is a prototype cover.

4. DarthFloyd

DarthFloyd Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 29, 2002
    the hero's guide( i have it on authority from jd wiker) is to include the stats for making a cyborg character, which i am very much looking forward to.

5. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    We tried to update Cracken's Rebel Field Guide stats for cybernetics to d20 -- I don't think it's working quite right...

Hopefully this will balance things...

6. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
    This might help you out until June.

7. Moridin

Moridin RPG Author star 3 VIP

Apr 13, 1999
    Yep, we've got cybernetics rules in the Hero's Guide, among other things. Probably within a month or so I'll be allowed to start posting some tidbits.

After waiting so long, the agony is unbearable.

8. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Is going to be alot like the D&D Hero Builder's Guidebook, or will it be something different?

9. Moridin

Apr 13, 1999
    The best comparison so far is probably the splatbooks for D&D -- Sword & Fist, Defenders of the Faith, etc.

Lots of new crunchy bits for characters.

10. Gorin_Zachian

Gorin_Zachian Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2002
    Ahh, Excelent........ [Face_evil]

11. Shadowen

Shadowen Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 1999
    If it was like the D&D Hero Builder's Guidebook, I'd have to mail Wizards a Class A thermal detonator.

12. Moridin

Apr 13, 1999
    Hey gang, I've posted a summary of the information on the Hero's Guide from Insider #68 here:

http://www.swrpgnetwork.com/news.php?action=headline&newsid=635

13. The_Ghost

The_Ghost Jedi Youngling

Apr 20, 2003
    Moridin

You had a hand in writing the Hero's book, right? Did you help with the GM's book that is listed for release later in the year too?

by the by, what has been listed just pushed the Hero's book to my #1 buy next month.

14. FrobiWanKenobi

FrobiWanKenobi Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 28, 2002
    Moridin and JD Wiker wrote the Hero's Guide together while the Galactic Campaign Guide was written by JD Wiker, Richard Baker, and Peter Schweighofer.

15. Jacen13

Jacen13 Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 17, 2002
    Teras Kasi! YAY! New feats, always good. New battle techniques, cool.

Is there a way to basically spray fire down a corridor? I currently use an attack on the square the target is on (def. 10) w/ a 50% miss chance, and one extra attack, or four with an autofire, and two with a multi fire. If the attack misses it has a 25% chance of hitting the person behind the target square. This is an attack action.

Mordin, will there be an updated character sheet included?

16. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
    :eek: Teras Kasi. Faction Feats. Force traditions. Cybernetics. The seven forms... I'm still salivating.

17. Kizakh

Kizakh Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 27, 2002
    Must... not... wet... pants... in excitement!

Is it June yet?

...Damn, it isn't.

18. Ana Vitorrian

Ana Vitorrian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 2, 1999
    I liked Richard Baker's work on the Alternity rpg line by WotC. Is that forthcoming book going to be his first jump into the SWRPG license???

Thanks,

Ana

An advance congrats to Moridin on Hero's Guide . . . from the sounds of SW INSIDER # 68 . . . very exciting book! (Is that RK Post's artwork in SWI # 68?)

19. Moridin

Apr 13, 1999
    Jacen, Suppression Fire rules offer something like that. I honestly don't know if there will be a revised character sheet, but I doubt it.

Ana, thanks! I don't know if it's RK post's, but it looks pretty good so far to me. I'm anxious to see how some of the other pieces of art worked out.

20. Moridin

Apr 13, 1999
    Wizards has just posted the first preview of the book:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/sw20030515herosguide

21. jedimasterED

jedimasterED Moderator Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 10, 1999
    Anybody found this yet? I have an extreme interest in these new Force Traditions. I look at my usual places but didn't see it.

22. Fingorfin

Fingorfin Jedi Master star 4

Nov 7, 2001
    I picked up a copy yesterday. I have not yet read it completely, but I have fliped through and looked at a few sections; there is some good stuff in there.

23. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    I flipped through most of it and was kind of disappointed. :(

The skills and feats are great stuff, and the archetypes and new prestige classes are pretty good but I was hoping for more than only THREE new Force Traditions. Considering the Jedi got their own ******* book with like six new classes, I was hoping for AT LEAST a Sorceror of Tund... [face_plain]

I generally love the stuff on sympathy and factions, though -- especially given my Beta'ing of Galaxies... ;)

24. Moridin

Apr 13, 1999
    dp4m, I'd say you'll be seeing more FA traditions in the Web Enhancements, but don't quote me on that one. Also, you have two archetypes for Force Adepts, Spirit Adept and Urban Adept, as well as all the Force Feats that aren't Jedi-specific.

25. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    With the minor exception of a bone I'm picking over at JD Wiker's site about the Lightsaber Forms, I love this book!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.