main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"He's Worth a Lot to Me" [COMPLETED 6/27] (Epilogue added 7/3)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction Stories--Classic JC Board (Reply-Only)' started by Tych_sel, Apr 5, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 11, 2001
    Best post, ever! Well, maybe. I just like the sentimental side of Boba Fett.

2. Amy21

Amy21 Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 28, 2001
    Up with this!
    :)

3. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Up again!
    :D

4. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Am I alone here? :confused:
    I am beginning to get lonely.......

5. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    You are not alone. It is just that no one is here.

6. Someguy

Someguy Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 7, 2002
    PLEASE CONT. And PLEASE someone read my fanfic entitled, MY LIFE IS A PAIN IN THE ......(Anikan humor story)

7. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Very nice, the way you incorporated Fett's double purpose for killing Luke. (Nice family he had there...)

8. Tych_sel

Tych_sel Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 29, 2001
    Thanks a lot for keeping this thing up over the weekend guys!

Amy: Glad you enjoyed the post, though the Hutts don't want Luke dead. They want to kill him themselves. Fett knows this, and is considering the fact that once he captures Luke, he might as well be dead.

PROPHET: Fett does have a sentimental side, though it's probably not something that he lets out to play very often. We may see more glimpses of it, but I don't know...

Sebulba: Fett's got a double purpose in capturing Luke, not killing him. Though he won't, by any means, be shedding any tears if Luke makes the final jump.

Someguy: Welcome to the fic! I may check it out sometime, but I've only got limited online time for the moment.

No new post yet, maybe later today or tomorrow. Thanks again for keeping this up near the top!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

9. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Okay, I promised the next part, and here it is!

The same two guards entered Lando's cell once again, though this time neither was carrying any food. Instead, "Slimey", as Lando had taken to calling the one who usually brought him dinner, entered the cell empty-handed. The Rodian freed Lando's hands.

"What's going on?" Lando asked.

"You're being moved," the Rodian buzzed.

"And here I thought my host had come to see sense. You know, I might still be willing to forget this."

"Release you? You don't have those kind of funds, Calrissian," the one Lando had tagged "Gun" said.

"Well, why would the Hutt be moving me? I thought the plan was to torture me and my friends. Something chage?"

"Yes, something has changed. Just not in the way that you think. Boba Fett has tracked down Leia Organa. Shaba has gone to retrieve the prisoner," Gun said, obviously taking a certain perverse pleasure in telling Lando about Leia. Then, the rifle came up, a stun bolt came out, and Lando felt himself begin to fall, facefirst, into the much at the floor of the cell.

Sorry it's so short, but my prof decided to assign a two-page composition for tomorrow. So I'll get that done, and with luck, get the next post written so that I can put it up tomorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

10. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Lando's not doing so well is he?

I think you're taking some kind of pleasure in writing all these shootings Lando is involved in. :D

11. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Yeah, how the heck can Lando survive being stunned this many times?

12. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    I honestly don't know, Sebulba.
    But I certainly don't want to be in his shoes.
    Up! :)

13. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    ...especially after he hasn't had an opportunity to wash his feet in a few weeks...

14. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PROPHET: Perhaps I am taking some perverse type of pleasure from writing all these shootings. But there won't be any more against Lando, at least in the foreseeable future.

Sebulba: I guess Lando's just resilient.

Amy: Thanks for the reply.

Okay, here's the next part, focusing on Luke. Hope you enjoy it!

Luke spoke with Borsk Fey'lya in order to obtain permission to enter the section discovered by Corran Horn. Normally, he would have contacted Leia, but that wasn't possible under the current circumstances. While investigating, he found that the lightsaber Horn used during his escape was one of a few that still functioned. He also noticed what Horn had mentioned, the defacing of the memorils of the great Jedi. The Emperor had to have done this, since even Vader would have respected the skills of the people he hunted. Luke passed the monument to Nejaa Halcyon, and noticed the same holo Horn had, that of Nejaa and an apprentice. I think I should meet with this Horn, since the chances of finding an active lightsaber are great. Could Horn be a Jedi, perhaps even related to Halcyon? I've also got to come back here when I have more time to study this place, Luke thought, as he passed the memorial to a tall, bald Jedi whose eyes had been gouged out. In a case nearby was a lightsaber, unlike any Luke had seen before. The Force seemed to whisper that there was something special about this saber. At that moment, Luke's comm bleeped, interrupting his thoughts. It was Fey'lya, reporting that the Rogues had landed.

"I will be speaking with Commander Antilles, if youw would care to join me, Jedi Skywalker."

"I'll make my way over on my own, Councilor. I have some things to finish up here." As he spoke, he almost felt the sting of Yoda's cane. Lies were not part of the Light Side, and even if what Luke said hadn't entirely been a lie, it hadn't been entirely the truth either. Maybe that certain point of view?

Hope you all enjoyed it, more to come tomorrow, focusing on Han and Dash. And it'd be a great help if somebody could tell me how to spell Jabba's clan name.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

15. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    His full name is Jabba Desilijic Tiure. I guess Tiure must be the clan name.

Who might this eyeless Jedi be? I thought of one from the TOTJ era, but I think she had hair...

Tych, don't know if you've seen my last couple of updates on "Credit to the Race", but there they are. (Sending out all those PMs was getting a tad tedious. ;) )

16. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Sebulba: Thanks for the info. Actually, it was the Desilijic part I wanted, since that's the clan name. Tiurre is probably a family name. As for who the eyeless Jedi is, take a look at the top of the board. You should be able to figure it out.

Prophet: Glad you enjoyed the post. The bit with Yoda is actually derived from one of the novels, though I don't remember which one.

And now, on for more, though this won't be a complete scene, since I accidentally left the end of it at the house. Oops!

While Luke had been looking through the Jedi museum, on Mon Remonda's bridge, Han Solo had become more than a little tired of sitting and doing nothing while Boba Fett carted Leia away like cargo. He just couldn't stand thinking of the woman he loved in the hands of those slugs. Yet I promised Luke that I wouldn't do anything rash, he thought. But that doesn't stop me from planning. "Chewie, that message from Luke originated from the Outrider, right?"

The Wookiee rumbled an affirmative.

"I'm heading down to the docking bay. have one of these officers patch me through to Rendar," he said, and left the bridge.

"We're receiving a call," Leebo announced to Dash, with no smug or sarcastic remark, which was a surprise and a relief to Dash.

"Lucky me," Dash replied, and then wished that he hadn't.

"If you didn't want to be contacted, why give out your comm freqency?"

"Can it Leebo! Youn know, if it weren't for the fact that I'm afraid it would scramble your memeory, I'd rewire you right now!" Turning his attention from the droid, Dash acknoledged the hail. "What is it, Solo?"

"When Luke suggested you check out Nal Hutta, did he give you any ideas? Because I just had an odd idea."

"You, a crazy idea? What like trying to put a .5 hyperdrive into a bucket of bolts like the Falcon? That's just not the sort of thing I'd expect to hear from Han Solo," Dash said, loading his voice with sarcasm.

"Look, do you want to hear this, or don't you? I don't have all day, and I'm sure that you don't like the idea of a wild mynock chase anymore than I did when I was smuggling for the Hutts. What'll it be, Rendar?"

That's it for now, more to come tomorrow. I'm probably going to stop sending out the PMs after every post, but there should be a new one each day. Keep the replies coming!

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

17. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Ok, I'm stupid.
    Is the eyeless Jedi Windu?

Once again, nice post. :)

UP!

18. Sebulba2179

Feb 5, 2002
    Hmm. I've checked the board and still don't follow you on the eyeless-Jedi thing. Apparently I'm just stupid, but you're certain to clarify it later in the fic.

19. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Ok, first off, nobody here's stupid. Thanks for keeping your eyes on the fic, even without the PMs. Amy's right, Windu was exactly who I had in mind. After all, if there was a memorial to Nejaa, why not Mace? And now, back to the tale...

"Fine, what's your idea," Dash asked.

"You remember how vengeful Zorba was before he got tossed into prison and Jabba & Jiliac took over?"

"Your point? The last time I heard, he was still doing time."

"And you don't think he'd have somebody working outside?"

"Solo, that seems a little far-fetched, even for you. But I'll let you know if I dig anything up." With that, Dash cut the transmission.

Shaba Desilijic Tiori was pleased with how things were pplaying out. The four cells adjacent to his throne room were prepared, with the transparisteel allowing one in the throne room to observe the occupants. Soon, his guards would be placing Lando Calrissian in the first one. Shaba had never understood Jabba's passion for humanoid slave girls, but he knew a little bit about human respect concepts. Forcing Leia Organa back into the slave role she had filled in front of Jabba would humiliate the woman. Perhaps I should actually take things a bit futher than Jabba did, the Hutt considered. He never actually registered the princess as property. But she had a debt to repay, and this would be the form it would take. And being forced to watch as her friends were tortured to death would further dimish the woman. Yes, all was indeed going well, better than things should have. Even now, Shaba's ship, the Krayt Opal was preparing to land on Nar Hekka. Boba Fett should be arriving soon, the Hutt thought. What he didn't know was that the bounty hunter was waiting for him.

That's it for now. A Leia/Fett post should be coming tommorrow.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

20. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Very good, I'm looking forward to you're take on Windu's memorial.

21. Amy21

Dec 28, 2001
    Ohhh, I just can't wait for a Leia/Fett scene.
    Please post it in the morning so I can read it in computer class. (I know, I'm being a bad girl)
    Bump! :)

22. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    Prophet: Actually, I haven't decided if I'm going to do anything more with Windu, though it might be fodder for a new story.

Amy: I'd try, but I have class from 8-12 every day, and i have to get up early enough as it is.

I also must alert my readers that things will be getting dark after this post. I'm also going to be putting a notation in the thread title as well. And now, back to the action!

I landed on Nar Hekka just in time to see Shaba's ship descend. No doubt the Hutt was beginning to feel supremely confident. I figure such behavior must have something to do with their genetic makeup. Shaking my head, I headed to the hold to bring out Princess Leia. I had a feeling she wouldn't be in a very cooperative mood, and was prepared to stun her and drag out her body if necessary.

"So, I take it this is where we part company," she said, fire behind the eyes. I began to understand how Solo, who had never cared for anybody other than himself and the Wookiee, could fall in love with the woman.

"That's right. I hope I won't have to use this, Princess," I said, gesturing with the rifle.

"That depends on what you intend to do. If you're still planning on turning me over to the Hutts, you probably will need to use it."

"Well, if that's the way you want it to be," I said, and fired. The princess crumpled, falling against the side of the cage. I opened the door, and began the task of dragging the unconcious princess from the hold of Slave I.

Shaba the Hutt arrived at the ramp, once again surrounded by his entourage. The bounty hunter was there already, waiting for them. The princess lay in a heap at Fett's armored feet. "She's not dead, I hope," The Hutt gurgled.

"No, merely unconcious," came the filtered reply. Shaba had wondered since beginning this enterprise who this bounty hunter really was, who the man (or woman?) behind the Mandalorian armor was. The rumors as to Fett's identity abounded. Some said that he was an Imperial stormtrooper who had slaughtered his officer. Othes said that he had been an apprentice lawman, convicted of killing a fellow officer. Still others said that he was related to the great pre-Empire bounty hunter Jango Fett, while the others said that he had simply assumed the surname. Whatever his origens, he certainly had the skills that Jango had displayed. And it was those skills that really mattered to the Hutt, as one slave moved to recover the princess, after a medic verified that the woman was alive. Shaba then ordered another servant to pay the bounty hunter, as agreed.

Wedge was shocked to see Luke, but pleased as well. And he was more than happy to introduce Luke to Corran Horn, who remarked that Wedge was using Luke's reputation as a tool to push the pilots to be the best. But when Corran turned down Luke's offer to join him, it was Luke's turn to be surprised, as he witnessed the mass resignation of Rogue Squadron.

Leia awoke, and found herself on a cot in a dank, dark room. "Well, I suppose this isn't as bad as I thought it would be, considering the circumstances." She had expected to wake up and find herself on display. No sooner had the words left her mouth than the door to the room opened, and two Gamorrean guards entered the room, roughly grabbing her arms. The two pig-like creatures dragged her from the room, down a corridor and into the presence of Shaba Desilijic Tiori. Leia could see that this Hutt was even more bloated than Jabba had been. As she took in the sight, she also noticed the four transparisteel-faced cells, one of which contained an unconcious Lando. Then, she was shoved face to face with the Hutt.

"Leia Organa, you have been brought here to pay for your murder of Jabba. While Jabba merely dressed you as a slave, I have gone further. You have been registered as my property, in order to pay for your debt. You will serve me for the rest of your life." The Hutt then turned. "Get her properly dressed, and then bring

23. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Very good. Leia the diffiant!

24. PROPHEToftheCOUNCIL

Mar 11, 2001
    Up for the others to see.

25. Tych_sel

Nov 29, 2001
    PROPHET: Thanks for the up, and this is just Leia being Leia. The defiant streak has always been there, and will continue to be.

And now, on to more!

"Well, Solo, it appears that with Jabba and Jiliac dead, and Zorba in prison, Desilijic is no longer the force in Hutt society tht it once was," Dash told Han.

"Who's in charge of the clan," Han asked from the bridge of the Falcon.

"It seems that a relative of Jiliac's by the name of Shaba has taken control of the clan. Ten'll get you the sabacc pot that she, er he, since Shaba recently reverted to being male after giving birth, is behind the bounty placed on you and the rest. This Hutt is a major player, with plenty of resources to throw out. Would you believe three palaces? One on Nal Hutta, one on the Smuggler's Moon, and one on Nar Hekka."

"Well, if this Shaba recently gave up on motherhood, at least we won't have to deal with the sort of mood swings Jiliac went through. I'm not sure if you noticed, but after becoming a mother, Jiliac was totally different. Probably what allowed for her death and Jabba's consolidation of power. Why don't you see what you can find on Nar Shadaa?"

"And maybe contact some of the old crew?"

"Keep Mako out of the loop. I think he may be holding a bit of a grudge, since he refused to speak to me the last time I saw him."

"Let you know, or the kid?"

"Me. I'll pass anything I find out on to Luke. Be careful. We don't need Shaba getting a heads up."

"I'm not an idiot, Solo," Dash said, and cut the transmission. Han then sent everything to Artoo and Luke's X-Wing, telling Luke to contact him.

Well, there they go, living up to their name, Luke thought, as Wedge, Tycho, and the rest of the Rogues left the landing zone to prepare for their war with Ysanne Isard. Well, not really Rogue Squadron any more, but a rogue squadron. He snapped out of his reverie when he realized that Fey'lya was speaking to him.

"Rogue Squadron?"

"I'm sorry, Councilor, could you repeat that?"

"Antilles and Rogue Squadron may have resigned, but the Republic needs the symbol of Rogue Squadron. We need to be able to re-accept the Rogues if they succeed, but in the meantime, we need a temporary Rogue Squadron. As the founder of the original Rogue Sqaudron, would you be interested in leading the temporary squad?"

"I'm sorry, Councilor, but I have personal business..."

"So you're turning your back on the Republic?"

"No, I'm actually thinking of the best interests of the Republic. And that means getting my sister back before the Hutts lose patience and kill her. As for the Rogues, talk to either "Hobbie" Klivian or Wes Janson. Both are former Rogues, and excellent pilots. They're also loyal to a fault. I'd trust either with my life, and the lives of my friends."

"Jedi Skywalker, your sister and I may have our differences, but I wish you luck in your search. I'd never publicly admit it, but the Republic needs Leia Organa."

"Thank you, Councilor," Luke said, raising his hood. Leia had once told him about Bail Organa's impressions of Palpatine before he declared himself Emperor. Fey'lya and Palpatine would have gotten along fabulously if they hadn't been on opposite sides of the conflict. Upon reaching his X-Wing, Luke saw the message light blinking. Han.

"Luke, turns out a Hutt by the name of Shaba is currently running Jabba's old clan, and is probably behind the bounties. Dash is checking out one of the three palaces. What do you say we check out one of the others? Let me know."

"Artoo, patch me through to Mon Remonda."

A bleep came from Artoo, and Han's image appeared, mashed into two dimensions.

Hopefully that'll be enough for now, and I should be able to get more up tomorrow. Keep the replies coming, please.

Force be with you,

Tych_sel

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.